IGNORED

Can't find the Vyner thread, but...

Bristol Rob

I was just trying to find the Vyner thread to post the same thing. The reviews below are quite amazing:

'This lad is getter better game by game,
I don’t know what BCFC are doing at their academy ??
It’s one of those moments where, if I was a betting man I’d stick some money playing international football at some point,
He would be my first name on the team sheet every day,
The best CB currently at Argyle IMHO.'

'a superb player.a credit to the sport who is totally committed to us,his loan club.city and his parents/friends must be very proud of this talented young man.'

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

What they don't fully appreciate is that they're providing Vyner with games of competitive league football. Experience that will be of benefit to us in the long run.

I think they probably do appreciate that. It’s what loans are for. 

Definite up turn in Plymouth's form since Zak went there. They were plumbing the depths at the bottom of the table a few months ago, but was shocked when I saw the League 1 table to see them in 6th a couple of weeks ago.

Seems like a great loan for us & Argyle. Let's hope Zak can make the step up to Championship football as well as Lloyd Kelly appears to have done so far.

I've always had a soft spot for Argyle having spent many years based down there when I was in the RN. I used to go there for the odd mid-week game back in the 90's.

Credit to them for being able to get the performances out of Zak which have enabled him to put his ability on show.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Him vs Wright for that CB slot alongside baker next season. 

If Flint goes, I’d want a new CB brought in. Someone like Harlee Dean at Birmingham would be ideal, especially if they go down. Always liked him at Brentford.

Something about Wright being our main CB alongside Baker doesn’t sit right for me. 

2 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

If Flint goes, I’d want a new CB brought in. Someone like Harlee Dean at Birmingham would be ideal, especially if they go down. Always liked him at Brentford.

Something about Wright being our main CB alongside Baker doesn’t sit right for me. 

Dan Burn at Wigan could be a direct replacement for Flint should / if he goes. 

3 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Interesting, there are many who prefer him to Flint. I think I'd rate them similarly, although Flint's goalscoring record probably edges him just ahead. Baker and Wright ahead of a new better keeper would be an excellent trio next season.

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Brilliant!  I love reading stuff like that mostly because there's no bias in terms of the Plymouth fans' views.  They've no reason to be anything other than honest.  We'll forever debate the difference in level between L1 and Championship but we know from recent experience that it's a physical league and if ZV is being identified as the best defender on the pitch then that's more than good news for us.

Particularly like the Plymouth fans who want us to get promotion as that's their best chance to keep him!

Well done Zac Vyner for taking an opportunity and making the best of it.

They can't spell his fkng name, though, can they.

I do like the bit about us being a middling club and not starting/playing someone as good as him. To use the phrase of this thread, "what they don't fully appreciate is" he's defending against Bury, Fleetwood and Goose every week. That's to take nothing away 'from the lad', but I don't think he's as good as Flint/Baker/Wright and he's behind Kelly as an academy player who'll end up as a centre-half. "What they don't fully appreciate is" we've got better/more experienced than him and the strikers in the Champ are a bit better than Billy Boden's Catalogue.

Still, thanks for keeping him warm for us. Stupid janners.

This is a good thread, mind: https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=102974

IF they were promoted could he not be loaned back anyway regardless of what league we are in? Would it be better for him to be backup here(I am sure he’d compete in the summer)? Taylor Moore will be back from a year and a half of league experience. Perhaps time for him to stay around the first team and get that extra training and be our backup RB/CB? 

18 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

IF they were promoted could he not be loaned back anyway regardless of what league we are in? Would it be better for him to be backup here(I am sure he’d compete in the summer)? Taylor Moore will be back from a year and a half of league experience. Perhaps time for him to stay around the first team and get that extra training and be our backup RB/CB? 

Good idea. Maybe keep Zac here and loan Taylor Moore out to Argyle?

59 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Good idea. Maybe keep Zac here and loan Taylor Moore out to Argyle?

Possibly. Only concern would be Taylor Moore settling. They would have their CB partnership from L1 ready for the championship if Zak went back. Though possibly if they stay down Taylor Moore could be an option. Though with TM it is strange one because think next season is his final of his contract(barring an option). I wonder how the staff view hid development

Archived