IGNORED

Derby Vs Cardiff (Merged)

Selred

Absolutely massive game for both teams tomorrow, but what result would you prefer?

1) Cardiff to win, but that makes them 10 point still clear in 2nd place although keeps Derby very close to us

2) Draw, so we are 2 points of Derby and Cardiff are 8 points clear

3) Derby win, 4 points ahead of us but may start a bad run of form for Cardiff

Hate to say it but Cardiff win, Derby losing again will continue to hurt their confidence and keep us close to them, whereas Derby winning could push them on to securing a play off spot and we're not catching Cardiff.

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

Absolutely massive game for both teams tomorrow, but what result would you prefer?

1) Cardiff to win, but that makes them 10 point still clear in 2nd place although keeps Derby very close to us

Who cares about a bad run of form for Cardiff? If they lost every remaining game they’d probably still finish in the play offs.

Quite clearly a Derby win is the preference from our point of view.

19 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Cardiff 10 Derby 0, with Derby docked an extra three points for fielding an ineligible player, and having five sent them off.

Or as close to that as possible.

17 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Five off? Game abandoned! :blink:

Not necessarily...you can still have 5 sent off and field enough players (7) to continue the game.

Doesnt happen often but players can be sent off from the bench!

Cardiff win for me - we could catch Derby so don’t want them getting too many points in front of us.

If we are to get back in the top 6 I think it’s Derby we’ll replace...they are past masters at bottling it!

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wrong....see third paragraph...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21734899

No, I'm not.

Theres no limit to the red cards a team can get in one match.

One team could get 5 substitute players sent off for a touchline brawl, the game wouldnt be abandoned as they would still have 11 on the pitch.

They still would have had 5 red cards though.

If they have 5 on field players sent off then the game is abandoned, they could still get more red cards though.

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, I'm not.

Theres no limit to the red cards a team can get in one match.

One team could get 5 substitute players sent off for a touchline brawl, the game wouldnt be abandoned as they would still have 11 on the pitch.

They still would have had 5 red cards though.

If they have 5 on field players sent off then the game is abandoned, they could still get more red cards though.

You said abandoning a game is ‘at the referees’s discretion’ - then you said ‘five red cards is the usual standard’ for an abandonment...now you say ‘there’s no limit to the red cards a team can get in a match’ ....I reckon 18 red cards is probably a ‘limit’ meaning there is no such thing as your ‘no limit’...

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Forget Wolves, Cardiff, Fulham and Villa, we can not realistically catch them. We are in a mini league with Derby, Boro, Sheffield Utd, Preston and Millwall for the last two play off places. 

Despite all the miseries on here we have a good a chance as any of this group, at this moment we sit third and I do not think we are under the same level of weight of expectation as the two above are. Of those behind us the only one that concerns me is Preston, I think the others will fall away. Our run in is also about as good as it gets in this league.

so, holding my nose, come on Cardiff

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You said abandoning a game is ‘at the referees’s discretion’ - then you said ‘five red cards is the usual standard’ for an abandonment...now you say ‘there’s no limit to the red cards a team can get in a match’ ....I reckon 18 red cards is probably a ‘limit’ meaning there is no such thing as your ‘no limit’...

I had originally cited the FIFA laws, misremembering them as the FA ones.

although a match may not start if either team consists of fewer than seven players, the minimum number of players in a team required for a match to continue is left to the discretion of member associations. However, it is the opinion of the International F.A. Board that a match should not continue if there are fewer than seven players in either team.

As for the no limit, you're just being pedantic. Of course no team would have no more players sent off than there are in their match day squad. But you like to ignore common sense to put in your own meaning, so such a manoeuvre by yourself was to be expected, but it's my fault for allowing you by not being utterly explicit with my wording (not that that has stopped you in the past).

ell, the Police have said the club called the game off, the club store tweeted it was still open for business today, then deleted it, Cardiff officials turned up and took pictures showing very little snow about, certainly far less than other games which were played 2 weeks go. Derby in a poor run of form and a few injuries, hmmm.

Archived