IGNORED

Derby Vs Cardiff (Merged)

Selred

32 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

ell, the Police have said the club called the game off, the club store tweeted it was still open for business today, then deleted it, Cardiff officials turned up and took pictures showing very little snow about, certainly far less than other games which were played 2 weeks go. Derby in a poor run of form and a few injuries, hmmm.

Would you trust a tweet from Lazarus himself?

59 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

ell, the Police have said the club called the game off, the club store tweeted it was still open for business today, then deleted it, Cardiff officials turned up and took pictures showing very little snow about, certainly far less than other games which were played 2 weeks go. Derby in a poor run of form and a few injuries, hmmm.

I think in the trade it`s known as a Gaspostponement.

Mind you, it would be nice if the league docked them three points!

21 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

From our point of view, points on the board are better than a game in hand.

It's quite possible we could pass Derby before this rearranged match has been played and that just puts more pressure on them.

They’ll also have a midweek game where they are a bit tired against a team possibly in position to clinch auto promo. Of course they could schedule it to when Cardiff are already on the beach.. 

6 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

You have to say this stinks.  You can be sure the rearranged game won''t be any time soon either.  Derby will surely want to rearrange for the last 2 weeks of the season and hope Cardiff are already promoted by then.

Given what they did for our away allocation, lovely. 

13 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

They’ll also have a midweek game where they are a bit tired against a team possibly in position to clinch auto promo. Of course they could schedule it to when Cardiff are already on the beach.. 

Doesn’t it have to be rescheduled for the earliest possible date?

Looking at the fixtures, due to Easter and the mid week round when we play Brum, the earliest this could be scheduled for is Tue 17th April.  The other options are Tue 23rd April or Tue 30th (last week of the season).  We'll see what they go for...

37 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Are we saying here that Derby are allowed to make this decision because that is what it sounds like. Surely its the ref?

Police advice.

<-  I've just driven past the ground. All very clear at the ground & vicinity, but the pathways / open  ground anything greater than 100m from the ground is icy. If it was played behind closed doors, it's playable, but not for getting >20000 people there.

I'd booked a restaurant near there for tonight & they have phoned me saying police have advised them not to open today.

2 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Meanwhile , yesterday only ~2 miles from Pride Park......

https://twitter.com/MickleoverSFC/status/975345846912012288

sports.JPG

I thought the lines had to be visible at all times during a game, can't see any lines on that photo.  Is it different rules for non - league?

20 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I thought the lines had to be visible at all times during a game, can't see any lines on that photo.  Is it different rules for non - league?

Must be

It's different in rugby too apparently, Rotherham thought they'd scored v bristol yesterday but had instead put the ball down over the deal ball line, not the brightest thing to do... 

30 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

to be fair it came down very quickly so chances are the ref asked for a clear up very soon after this.

Warnock at it again!! Wenger gets hit with disrepute charges left right and centre but Dame Colin does it, he gets away with it. Everyone is a cheat except him and his team. It's all so unfair. Poor Cardiff, always the victims.  Getting them promoted this season may yet be his greatest achievement in an eventful career, but he'll always be a horrible little man,

1 hour ago, hodge said:

After his tweet earlier slagging the decision to call the game off Greg Halford needed help with his car in icy conditions just down the road :laugh::laugh:

Presumably Greg Halford isn't in the group pushing, he's some distance back down the road claiming brain freeze but then makes a miraculous sprint to jump in and drive off just as the car reaches the peak of the incline.....

To be fair the game was more likely called off due to the conditions for the fans. I went into Cardiff Town yesterday and saw so much black ice, even slipped a few times myself and my boots are very grippy. 

I think they called it off to avoid people falling over and to prevent road traffic accidents like the one that diverted our bus. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

To be fair the game was more likely called off due to the conditions for the fans. I went into Cardiff Town yesterday and saw so much black ice, even slipped a few times myself and my boots are very grippy. 

I think they called it off to avoid people falling over and to prevent road traffic accidents like the one that diverted our bus. 

The game was in Derby 

Archived