IGNORED

Derby Vs Cardiff (Merged)

Selred

15 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

we just cant seem to ignore the man on this forum. This year he is doing well

For someone who has never been to the dogs (greyhounds, not Welch Warnocks) if they bet trap 1 15 times they would probably win 2 or 3 times

Warnock has had 15 jobs in mostly lower, northern league clubs and has to win some time. It isnt clever, it just odds (ask the bookies!) 

I always think its worth asking plymouth, torquay, gainsborough, oldham, bury, Scunthorpe, scarborough, notts c, huddersfield fans what they think. The latter hated him in 1993-95 and laterley fans at Leeds (2012-13) think the same as our owner SL that he wasnt 'fit for purpose' of a club aiming higher. The fact that he is doing well for the sheep sh******* is just like betting trap 1 blindfolded - it has to happen sometime as a probability. You'd better pity the next team he goes to (once per week) and it could be swindle or B'ham or someone else we dislike but where he will evert to form --and fail

Hes had 7 promotions,looking for his 8th this season.

Thats pretty good going in anyones book.

When people dislike a manager or a player its a clear sign that their bloody good imo.

If a club really wants promotion then the best odds you can get is to hire warnock.

3 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

Vince Alm
Yesterday at 7:12pm ·
I have just had a re-cap on today's events so many things don't add up!

I was told the game was postponed due to staff not be able to get to work at 8.06 am by the Police so somebody had informed them prior to that; Yet the official statement says it was called off at 8.30am in agreement with the football club, Police, and Safety advisory Group due to safety concerns? At 9.23am The police tweet the decision has nothing to do with us? 9.30am Derby County megastore tweet open for business come and see us yet earlier it wasn't deemed safe enough? Sky sports and BBC report match postponed due to a frozen pitch? who informed them of that? EFL then come out and support them with no evidence provided? Neil and the team turn up at the ground yet no official matchday staff their so who inspected the area on behalf of the club?

Anyway plenty of information for me to send to the EFL, Police, and council. I have completed the draft 3 pages long and 20 odd pictures as evidence to forward to the EFL tomorrow.

Big thank you from me to you all who provided me with the pictures, tweets, and evidence. I promise I won't let it go lightly, will work hard to try and get answers, the truth, and some sort of recompense for those who made the journey today.

POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD....STATEMENT from Derbyshire Constabulary!...For clarity, Derby County Football Club took the decision to postpone the match due to the weather conditions and the health and safety of people travelling to the ground. The club made this decision independently. It was not made by Derbyshire Constabulary.

47 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Quote Derbyshire Constabulary....For clarity, Derby County Football Club took the decision to postpone the match due to the weather conditions and the health and safety of people travelling to the ground. The club made this decision independently. It was not made by Derbyshire Constabulary.....

I can see why the EFL are now investigating...I guess we will see!

I think it was very responsible of Derby County to think of the dangers to the spectators and nothing to do with their horrendous injury list and terrible form .

:liar:

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was called off late & Derby did have something of an injury crisis. 

I’m not sure that excuses your choice of friends though..!

1 hour ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

I was talking with some Baadiff friends last night and they believe that Derby could only field half a side due to injuries etc hence the call off by using the "safety" for supporters on surrounding roads as an excuse .. 

As it was an early kick off a lot of them were already on way to Derby (as indeed we would have been) when the decision was taken.. ...

Derby had eight players out injured for Saturdays game. You have to understand Colin’s view on this , a bit like our game against Wednesday, we would have been keen for the game to be on. 

I suspect the game will now be rearranged for the back end of the season , when possibly Cardiff may already be promoted. I’m not sure what the EFL will actually do, and I suspect no action will be taken against Derby. Be interested to see what happens if a club losses out on the play offs by a point or two.

It seems odd they cancel the game  but keep the club shop open 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Derby had eight players out injured for Saturdays game. You have to understand Colin’s view on this , a bit like our game against Wednesday, we would have been keen for the game to be on. 

I suspect the game will now be rearranged for the back end of the season , when possibly Cardiff may already be promoted. I’m not sure what the EFL will actually do, and I suspect no action will be taken against Derby. Be interested to see what happens if a club losses out on the play offs by a point or two.

Games have to be rearranged for first possible opportunity, which should mean within a week or two on a Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, daored said:

For all those people that got to the ground. Errr :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, daored said:

24 April it’s been arrange for 

So Warnock chatting a load of bollocks really, they get to avoid playing a top 6 side until they're already likely promoted. The EFL website says while games must be mutually agreed for rearrangement, it must be rearranged for the earliest possible opportunity. So really it's worked out great for both teams, Derby get a break for their players to recover and as said above about Cardiff. No way is April 24th the first available opportunity.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't one of his old players need help to get out of the car park due to snow and ice? It's not just about the stadium after all. I assume the Derby safety advisory group called it off rather than DCFC?

Greg Halford needed help on a local A road

31 minutes ago, daored said:

Whilst it does seem odd, I personally think it's very insignificant.

There's quite a difference between having a spectator occasion, expecting 20k+ to turn up and which if missed is missed forever, and on the other hand having a club shop open which might attract a handful of customers. It's one thing ensuring safe access up to a single door from an empty car park, quite another getting safe access around a whole stadium with large numbers and crowds.

Don't get me wrong, it does seem as though Derby may have questions to answer, but I don't find anything eyebrow raising in the club shop being open. Stupid and naïve to tweet about it perhaps, but the fact a concession stall can operate doesn't then mean that a full stadium can operate.

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So the Warnock haters again seem to have jumped on his back too soon...seems he has a perfectly valid argument with this one....and I see Cardiff are also looking for Derby to reimburse the 2,700 Cardiff for their expenses that day...be interesting to see what happens with all this...

Nothing, no Cardiff fan who travelled from Cardiff should have made it to Derby given the time they called it off, earliest accounts I've see are people leaving before 7, they should have just about made it to Birmingham at most, if they've then chosen to travel onto Derby (as quite a few did it seems) then that's their choice. They wouldn't even have 1% of a case unless the football league were to admit Derby were wrong to call it off. 

8 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Whilst it does seem odd, I personally think it's very insignificant.

There's quite a difference between having a spectator occasion, expecting 20k+ to turn up and which if missed is missed forever, and on the other hand having a club shop open which might attract a handful of customers. It's one thing ensuring safe access up to a single door from an empty car park, quite another getting safe access around a whole stadium with large numbers and crowds.

Don't get me wrong, it does seem as though Derby may have questions to answer, but I don't find anything eyebrow raising in the club shop being open. Stupid and naïve to tweet about it perhaps, but the fact a concession stall can operate doesn't then mean that a full stadium can operate.

But they said it was unsafe for staff to get to the ground. Obviously not the staff in the club shop. If you look at the images of the roads in the area it’s obvious what has happened, they didn’t want to play and thought they would play the safety card which is clearly a lie. I’m sure they’ll get away with it tho.

32 minutes ago, hodge said:

So Warnock chatting a load of bollocks really, they get to avoid playing a top 6 side until they're already likely promoted. The EFL website says while games must be mutually agreed for rearrangement, it must be rearranged for the earliest possible opportunity. So really it's worked out great for both teams, Derby get a break for their players to recover and as said above about Cardiff. No way is April 24th the first available opportunity. 

It pretty much is the first opportunity...Derby have games on Fri 30 March, Mon 2 April, Sat 7 April, Weds 11 April, Sat 14 April and Sat 21 April - Cardiff’s fixtures pretty much mirror those dates too. Difficult to squeeze another in amongst that lot?

I suppose you could argue that it could be played on Tues 17 April but who knows why that may not be ‘available’ ? 24 April is the first available opportunity to replay this game by the looks of it...

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

Nothing, no Cardiff fan who travelled from Cardiff should have made it to Derby given the time they called it off, earliest accounts I've see are people leaving before 7, they should have just about made it to Birmingham at most, if they've then chosen to travel onto Derby (as quite a few did it seems) then that's their choice. They wouldn't even have 1% of a case unless the football league were to admit Derby were wrong to call it off. 

But even if they’d only made it to Brum, they would still have paid for their travel....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But even if they’d only made it to Brum, they would still have paid for their travel....

Okay so how do you work out the expense? Not everyone leaves with a full tank, hard to say exactly where everyone would have turned round, what fuel economy they have etc, in reality it's a bit of a nightmare if they tried. 

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Okay so how do you work out the expense? Not everyone leaves with a full tank, hard to say exactly where everyone would have turned round, what fuel economy they have etc, in reality it's a bit of a nightmare if they tried. 

They won't care about the inconvenience or cost to the average football fan*...

*especially Welsh ones.....

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It pretty much is the first opportunity...Derby have games on Fri 30 March, Mon 2 April, Sat 7 April, Weds 11 April, Sat 14 April and Sat 21 April - Cardiff’s fixtures pretty much mirror those dates too. Difficult to squeeze another in amongst that lot?

I suppose you could argue that it could be played on Tues 17 April but who knows why that may not be ‘available’ ? 24 April is the first available opportunity to replay this game by the looks of it...

Warnock was talking on Sky sports news about it being next Tuesday which as a club they wouldn't want. So seems they got their way and couldn't see Derby disagreeing tbh so joint decision to put it off for a month. Whereas first opportunity would be next week. 

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Train fares? Coach fares? Not everyone drives to an away game...

4 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Hes had 7 promotions,looking for his 8th this season.

Thats pretty good going in anyones book.

When people dislike a manager or a player its a clear sign that their bloody good imo.

If a club really wants promotion then the best odds you can get is to hire warnock.

One hundred percent. As I've said many times before and been shot down many times before and expect to be shot down yet again but I'll say it again!......if we appointed Warnock in Feb 2016 we would be playing Prem football now. 

Talks a hell of a lot about other clubs does Mr. W ank. er.

Derby may be more of a threat to us as it stands right now, but fair play to them if they got the game off. This Is EXACTLY the sort of thing our poor victim Warnock would do in their situation.  Out Warnocked, Warnock. Tough.

If Derby had a full strength squad, and if it were a cup tie against the likes of United or Man City, the game would have gone ahead. It's a simple open & shut case.. If they wanted the game on it would've been on. Unfortunately we hit Birmingham before they turned the bus around.

Could've done the Wurzels a big favour on Sunday, but I think you need to worry about your own form at the minute. You don't seem to be showing any sort of promotion push based on the last 5, and with how congested the table is between 5th & 10th it could be mid table easily come May..

Archived