IGNORED

Derby Vs Cardiff (Merged)

Selred

7 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

If Derby had a full strength squad, and if it were a cup tie against the likes of United or Man City, the game would have gone ahead. It's a simple open & shut case.. If they wanted the game on it would've been on. Unfortunately we hit Birmingham before they turned the bus around.

Could've done the Wurzels a big favour on Sunday, but I think you need to worry about your own form at the minute. You don't seem to be showing any sort of promotion push based on the last 5, and with how congested the table is between 5th & 10th it could be mid table easily come May..

:laughcont:

2 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

Could've done the Wurzels a big favour on Sunday, but I think you need to worry about your own form at the minute. You don't seem to be showing any sort of promotion push based on the last 5

7 points from the last 4 games is an improvement and hopefully sees us getting back on track. 

The only similar occurrence i can recall was in the mid nineties when Middlesbrough refused to turn up for a game with blackburn because of an injury crisis. I think they had one or two points deducted, lost the replayed game, and it may have been the difference between survival for then.

This seems a little less obvious than that but if found guilty it will surely have to be a points deduction. The football league need to act fast as well to close This off and not  it drag on.

Seems dodgy to me but need to know on what grounds derby made the decision and is it consistent with any previous decisions. 

2 hours ago, kit said:

The only similar occurrence i can recall was in the mid nineties when Middlesbrough refused to turn up for a game with blackburn because of an injury crisis. I think they had one or two points deducted, lost the replayed game, and it may have been the difference between survival for then.

This seems a little less obvious than that but if found guilty it will surely have to be a points deduction. The football league need to act fast as well to close This off and not  it drag on.

Seems dodgy to me but need to know on what grounds derby made the decision and is it consistent with any previous decisions. 

Think Middlesbrough would have stayed up without the deduction. My memory could be way out though. 

2 hours ago, kit said:

It was because of a sickness bug that went through most of the Middlesbrough squad...

On 3/21/2018 at 04:49, frenchred said:

Think we are all to quick to jump on warnocks back and dismiss anything he says really. If it happened to us we would all be up in arms about it. And once again as fans we are just shunted aside with absolute zero thought.

On 3/21/2018 at 04:09, BS4 on Tour... said:

So the Warnock haters again seem to have jumped on his back too soon...seems he has a perfectly valid argument with this one....and I see Cardiff are also looking for Derby to reimburse the 2,700 Cardiff fans who travelled for their expenses that day...be interesting to see what happens with all this...

image.thumb.png.0bf8f7ff3e1469c959e5023b972f64b9.png

On 3/21/2018 at 07:18, tinman85 said:

One hundred percent. As I've said many times before and been shot down many times before and expect to be shot down yet again but I'll say it again!......if we appointed Warnock in Feb 2016 we would be playing Prem football now. 

Nobody cares, you're full of shit and you can't make that statement as fact. Shut the **** up you absolute belter.

On 20/03/2018 at 23:15, hodge said:

Nothing, no Cardiff fan who travelled from Cardiff should have made it to Derby given the time they called it off, earliest accounts I've see are people leaving before 7, they should have just about made it to Birmingham at most, if they've then chosen to travel onto Derby (as quite a few did it seems) then that's their choice. They wouldn't even have 1% of a case unless the football league were to admit Derby were wrong to call it off. 

The Police made the call not Derby or rather had Derby gone ahead they would likely have had no security or insurance cover. I do not see how Derby have a case to answer.

On 20/03/2018 at 23:35, hodge said:

Okay so how do you work out the expense? Not everyone leaves with a full tank, hard to say exactly where everyone would have turned round, what fuel economy they have etc, in reality it's a bit of a nightmare if they tried. 

Thought they were all bussed in ala bubble match. 

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

The Police made the call not Derby or rather had Derby gone ahead they would likely have had no security or insurance cover. I do not see how Derby have a case to answer.

Thought they were all bussed in ala bubble match. 

Derbyshire Police tweeted:

For clarity, Derby County Football Club took the decision to postpone the match due to the weather conditions and the health and safety of people travelling to the ground. The club made this decision independently. It was not made by Derbyshire Constabulary.

Derby in response said that the decision was made, per FL protocol, after discussions with the Safety Advisory Group.

7 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Derbyshire Police tweeted:

For clarity, Derby County Football Club took the decision to postpone the match due to the weather conditions and the health and safety of people travelling to the ground. The club made this decision independently. It was not made by Derbyshire Constabulary.

Derby in response said that the decision was made, per FL protocol, after discussions with the Safety Advisory Group.

OK thanks for that, so previous poster on subject was not entirely accurate which led to my remarks... This looks as clear as mud now !

On 21/03/2018 at 12:54, BlueDredd said:

If Derby had a full strength squad, and if it were a cup tie against the likes of United or Man City, the game would have gone ahead. It's a simple open & shut case.. If they wanted the game on it would've been on. Unfortunately we hit Birmingham before they turned the bus around.

Could've done the Wurzels a big favour on Sunday, but I think you need to worry about your own form at the minute. You don't seem to be showing any sort of promotion push based on the last 5, and with how congested the table is between 5th & 10th it could be mid table easily come May..

Diddums. Thanks for sharing your sob story, really touched.  

Dont go worrying yourself about our form, we’re just fine thanks, and whatever happens come the end of the season we’d rather be in our shoes than yours as our soul will be intact regardless. 

On 22/03/2018 at 14:15, lenred said:

Diddums. Thanks for sharing your sob story, really touched.  

Dont go worrying yourself about our form, we’re just fine thanks, and whatever happens come the end of the season we’d rather be in our shoes than yours as our soul will be intact regardless. 

Of course you would. Most of your fans are dying to see premier league football, which I doubt is ever coming your way. You’re utter shit, and the biggest bottle jobs of the season so far. At least you left it that little bit later this season.. 

On 21/03/2018 at 22:08, Bryans Left Peg said:

image.thumb.png.0bf8f7ff3e1469c959e5023b972f64b9.png

On 22/03/2018 at 10:30, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you posted this in response to me saying that Warnock seems to have a valid argument regarding the dodgy Derby postponement....so, what was the outcome of the enquiries you’ve highlighted above? Fancy ‘closing the circle’? And were the Blades docked points?

No response @Bryans Left Peg??!!!  Says it all...believe everything you read and ignore what actually happened...NW was not charged with anything...so your post is just more anti-Warnock crap...it’s pretty boring ...

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No response @Bryans Left Peg??!!!  Says it all...believe everything you read and ignore what actually happened...NW was not charged with anything...so your post is just more anti-Warnock crap...it’s pretty boring ...

Hi BS4, apologies for not responding within your 3 day self imposed deadline. If you looked at my profile you'd see that I haven't been active on here since.

I made no statement, just simply playing devils advocate and showing that Warnock has himself been involved in some controversy. (Rightly or wrongly) - you immediately making that assumption though says everything.

As for Anti-Warnock, I'm simply Pro-City-Manager, which Warnock isn't. I don't understand why every thread on this forum has to turn into a conversation about another manager (our rivals at that). I'm more worried about our own. It's cringeworthy & pointless. 

You can go back to tugging yourself silly over Cardiff's manager now. Churrs:thumbsup: 

8 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

Of course you would. Most of your fans are dying to see premier league football, which I doubt is ever coming your way. You’re utter shit, and the biggest bottle jobs of the season so far. At least you left it that little bit later this season.. 

Oh dear, on a rivals forum at 3am on a Sunday morning swearing away. Says it all......enjoy whatever comes your way for the rest of the season. Hopefully that will include a life. 

9 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

I would love to see my lot playing Prem football, but I would argue the fact that we would at least be trying to play attractive football and it would be entertaining. But I would rather stay where we are though playing some nice stuff at times (not consistently at the moment), rather than watch some utter dog sh1te football under Warnock, seeing players feigning injury and kicking lumps out of the opposition on a weekly basis. Each to their own though I guess.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

On that basis you now cannot believe everything you have read about this postponement, as Derby haven't been charged with anything either, and the EFL are happy enough that they had done everything possible to get the game on.

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

I would love to see my lot playing Prem football, but I would argue the fact that we would at least be trying to play attractive football and it would be entertaining. But I would rather stay where we are though playing some nice stuff at times (not consistently at the moment), rather than watch some utter dog sh1te football under Warnock, seeing players feigning injury and kicking lumps out of the opposition on a weekly basis. Each to their own though I guess.

On that basis you now cannot believe everything you have read about this postponement, as Derby haven't been charged with anything either, and the EFL are happy enough that they had done everything possible to get the game on.

You’ve not seen Cardiff play this season then. Clearly. I’ve seen Bristol play a few games this.. I’d say up until December, yes you played some nice stuff. But what happened to that?.. Bristol’s style is now to throw away leads, and play dog shit football. Where as Cardiff... on the telly week in week out until the end of the season, winning, and playing attractive football also. As seen by the rest of the neigh sayers in the league after we recently swept through Brentford away.

Bristol will be relegated before they’re promoted. 

3 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

You’ve not seen Cardiff play this season then. Clearly. I’ve seen Bristol play a few games this.. I’d say up until December, yes you played some nice stuff. But what happened to that?.. Bristol’s style is now to throw away leads, and play dog shit football. Where as Cardiff... on the telly week in week out until the end of the season, winning, and playing attractive football also. As seen by the rest of the neigh sayers in the league after we recently swept through Brentford away.

What you play is effective footy. It's not attractive but it works. When it works we play fantastic footy; when it doesn't we play long ball turgid stuff that isn' as effective. Since mid Jan we have stopped playing what made us one of the best teams in the league first half of the season; wolves and villa knocked the stuffing out of us. I watched your game against Brentford and before bambas wonder goal Brentford were well worth the lead. You played some good footy after that and could have won by more. We won' be relegated before being promoted; everything about the club is going in the right direction for the first time in years. For what it's worth you will have a better chance of staying up than last time under Warnock.

8 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Good luck to you fella. I hope you enjoy your brand of football, whatever that is, under Warnock.

There's no denying our form has effectively dropped off a cliff after the Man City games and no self respecting City fan would tell you otherwise. But great exposure for the club, the city of Bristol, the fans, the players. Nothing will take away the euphoria of the win over Man Utd, which rightly won us plaudits. And leading at half time against the Premier League Champions? Who'd have thought that....

We've had injuries (which team doesn't?), and i think you'll find we've had our fair share of live Sky appearances this season too. Nothing wrong with that.

Our January transfer window arguably could've been better but we crack on with what we've got. No shame in that. Currently 7th with a more than fair shout at the playoffs this season, at the start of the season any Red on here would've bitten the proverbial hand off for that. Having been 2nd at one point and letting a winning lead slip against Wolves to possibly close the gap, who knows what might have happened? But it didn't and we are where we are. And at the end of the season, we'll finish where we deserve to finish - in the playoffs, outside the playoffs or midtable. We'll see. No shame in that.

So, enjoy the run-in, we will. Every game is a cup final now, some twists n turns yet methinks.

Time for the team, club and fans as a collective to stand up and push on right to the last minute. Sheff Utd at home last day, for a place in the playoffs? Bring it on!!

28 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

I've seen Cardiff play many times (vs Man City, Preston, Reading and twice against us) and to claim you play good football is utterly laughable. It's horrible to watch, a dated brand of football based stifling the opposition via time wasting and niggly, sly off the ball fouls. Against Man City, all you did was kick lumps out of them. A massive difference to the way that we took the game to them and tried to play attractive football.

It might be successful and fair play for that but I'd put Cardiff as odds on for relegation next year. That sort of thing won't cut it at the highest level, it never does, and the fans certainly don't appear to be enjoying it given your dogshit attendances.

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

I didn’t believe what I read about this, I went by what I saw....and on that basis I merely said it looks like Warnock has got a point regarding the postponement...funny how the Derbyshire police saw fit to go public and distance themselves from the postponement decision...

8 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

I don't understand why every thread on this forum has to turn into a conversation about another manager (our rivals at that). I'm more worried about our own. It's cringeworthy & pointless....

You think it’s “cringeworthy and pointless” to mention Warnock on a thread about Cardiff City??!

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I didn’t believe what I read about this, I went by what I saw....and on that basis I merely said it looks like Warnock has got a point regarding the postponement...funny how the Derbyshire police saw fit to go public and distance themselves from the postponement decision...

You cannot have it both ways. In my opinion (and others), Warnock got that game abandoned after telling his players to go down and be "injured" etc, yet because the FA didn't charge him/them nothing actually went on??? Now the EFL haven't charged Derby and basically have said they haven't done anything wrong the same logic should apply shouldn't it?

But now you are saying it is because what you have seen? Explain what you actually seen with your own eyes? To actually have seen all the evidence that the game should have been played we will assume you were in Derby looking at all of the surrounding areas of the ground at 830am? 

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You think it’s “cringeworthy and pointless” to mention Warnock on a thread about Cardiff City??!

No, but it seems to come up on every thread on OTIB by the same posters - which is cringeworthy and pointless - yes. No wonder this weird little Cardiff lad thinks we're obsessed.

I'm not Anti-Warnock, as you mentioned, just don't see the point of constantly talking about him which I'm presuming is why I come across that way to you. This just happens to be the thread we are conversing on.

Hi @BlueDredd, taking some time off from playing your little x-box with your little online buddies? Good to see you back kiddo. :thumbsup:

Archived