IGNORED

Next seasons Bristol Boys...

Negan

This is assuming we’re still in the championship. What do we think the likelihood of seeing Vyner, Kelly, Bryan and Reid all starting as regulars next season? Vyner is getting rave reviews from Plymouth and they are doing extremely well right now, his next step should be regular championship football. Kelly again is holding his own at this level, see no reason why he can’t be tested over the next 8 games and pre season, bobby and joe we already know are capable of playing at this level. So could we see all 4 playing together next season? Would be one hell of an achievement for our academy if they do. 

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

If we don't get promoted I would say there is more chance of both Reid and Bryan being sold than both being here next season.

Unfortunately true it would seem, assuming anyone who wants them can afford our valuations. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that!!

6 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Bryan,Baker, Flint, Reid & Brownhill probably be gone.

I’m not so sure. Assuming we are still in this division, then can’t see them going to a rival, so only Prem clubs. 

We will try for top dollar and I think that will put off the types of clubs who would spend that much on a Champ player. I think Prem clubs would be surprised how some of the above would do, but why “risk” £10m on Bryan or £15m on Reid when you can pay half of that for some European who you’ve no idea will settle in this country or the top flight!!!  

Im not saying 1 maybe 2 off your lust won’t go but I don’t see a mass exodus. 

If Reid goes...who does anyone suggest to replace, that has that engine, rate of scoring, and triggers our pressing game so well?

I can't see anyone in the Championship that does the same. He is fundamental to the way we play imo.

He's the 'Trigger'...he shows the energy needed to everyone else around him.

Could see this sometime son ;-)

------------------------------------------------FF/Another------------------------------------------------

Pisano----------------------Vyner-----------------------------Baker--------------------------Kelly

Odowda-------------------Brownhill-----------------------Pack-----------------------------Pato

-----------------------------------------Reid------------------Duric-----------------------------------------

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Doubt it - if it happened though it would give us an enormous amount of money.

I think any or all of Reid, Bryan and Flint will get bids. Possibly Pack and Smith too.

I think Baker off going by his attitude after January window closed.

its a dangerous game to play with players & not letting them move on 

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

If Reid goes...who does anyone suggest to replace, that has that engine, rate of scoring, and triggers our pressing game so well?

I can't see anyone in the Championship that does the same. He is fundamental to the way we play imo.

------------------------------------------------FF/Another------------------------------------------------

Pisano----------------------Vyner-----------------------------Baker--------------------------Kelly

Odowda-------------------Brownhill-----------------------Pack-----------------------------Pato

-----------------------------------------Reid------------------Duric-----------------------------------------

Just a question; could Brownhill or Paterson become the next Bobby Reid?

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Who knows mate...you'd have to try it in training to find out. Both have energy...but not as much as Reid imo.

I think Tammy Abraham had a massive influence on Bobby...although younger, he showed him how much extra effort is needed in games to make a difference and that extra step up.

Up until then, I think Bobby had a slight attitude of that he'd made it and done enough.

Just goes to show what can happen, when you get positive and influential people around you.

Add to this that our profile will have improved massively this season - the giant killing cup run, attractive football, bright young coach, impressive modern stadium, young squad with academy players coming through. I think all this adds up to being able to continually attract better players - home grown and foreign - who will want to be part of this 'project', which in turn will help persuade the current players we would like to keep stay as they will see the chances of us making the top flight becoming more likely.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

No Wright? LJ’s chosen club captain? Any particular reason for that, as I’d think LJ trusts him ahead of Baker given his injury history.

34 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Not all Bristol boys i know but the likes of Morrel and taylor moore and hinds and Mc Clousky will be knocking....hard...

Think we should be looking to get Morrell and Moore into league one loans, Plymouth if they stay down....

1 hour ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

I think Baker off going by his attitude after January window closed.

its a dangerous game to play with players & not letting them move on 

What are you referring to? There wasn’t any rumours about Baker in January. Players don’t tend to move after 6 months when occupying a playoff spot anyway.

35 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

No Wright? LJ’s chosen club captain? Any particular reason for that, as I’d think LJ trusts him ahead of Baker given his injury history.

I meant to write...'soon' rather than 'son'...my mistake.

We'll have two players for most places, or players that are able to adapt. Vyner, Wright, Baker, Mags, Flint, Hegeler...all players that can play CB.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I can't see anyone in the Championship that does the same. 

Exactly. I think you’ve just put an approximate valuation on him. If Kodjia was worth £14m then Ried is worth more. He must be the most complete forward in the Championship. I’ll start the bidding at £20m. Much more than LJ’s original valuation of £5m 

As supporters of our great club it should fill us with pride that finally Bristol Boys are making it at our club. 

LJ has been key in the fact, another manager chases instant success and would have brought in players to replace players like Bobby Read and Joe Bryan who have just needed the time and coaching to grow into the players they have become. 

Getting young players out on loan and playing the men’s game will improve them quicker than academe matches its great that the club are doing this. 

4 hours ago, mozo said:

Or both of them. Neither will be able to replicate Reid's energy over the full game, full season, but they can be managed and rotated between them to cover him. 

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Exactly. I think you’ve just put an approximate valuation on him. If Kodjia was worth £14m then Ried is worth more. He must be the most complete forward in the Championship. I’ll start the bidding at £20m. Much more than LJ’s original valuation of £5m 

If he had 3 years left on his contract then £20 million would be about right.

Trouble is his contract is up in the summer but we have an option of another year.  Unless he signs a contract, his price is going to be diminished and he will be in a strong negotiating position, possibly the strongest any player has been in the history of the club. It will be interesting to see what happens.  One suspects he is being paid less than some players in the squad who have contributed little to nothing and that has to wrankle.  If he does sign a contract he will be our highest ever paid player you would expect.  

Archived