IGNORED

Bromley's cup travels.

22A

Not City, but football in general.

The Kent club Bromley are in the National League and have reached the semi final of the FA Trophy. Spare a thought for their travelling supporters. So far they have had away cup fixtures at Blyth, Workington, Spennymoor and in yesterday's snow - Gateshead.

5 hours ago, 22A said:

The Kent club Bromley are in the National League and have reached the semi final of the FA Trophy. Spare a thought for their travelling supporters. So far they have had away cup fixtures at Blyth, Workington, Spennymoor and in yesterday's snow - Gateshead.

Manor Farm had a similar thing 3-4 years ago in the FA Vase.

Think they reached the quarter finals, the first few rounds were seeded and, barring Hengrove at home one round, were away to the furthest side each time.

One of those was against a team down in Portsmouth where they travelled only for the game to be postponed.

Next round (post seeding) was away in Sunderland, again postponed after travel.

Next round was against another side in the North East (South Shields IIRC). 

That was a game too far but they lost to the eventual winners, all that while playing in the Western League!

The final of both the Vase and Trophy are at Wembley and, assuming it hasnt changed from the season Manor Farm had their run, I believe both games are on the same day, costing circa £10 for both matches.

5 hours ago, 22A said:

They were at home to Gateshead yesterday;)

16 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I good mate of mine is a Whitley Bay fan and we went and watched them in the Vase final a few years back. A cracking day out and a cheap way to go and watch a game at Wembley. 

I remember many years ago watching Taunton Town v Diss Town in the Vase final. A great day out even though we wuz robbed in the end. 

Archived