IGNORED

Milan Djuric the return of the Beast from the East

Maldini

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Saw Matty Taylor on Sat, he's tiny! Btw has anybody noticed how you never see him and David in Corrie in the same room!

Footballers always look smaller in real life, in the old days Dave Rodgers looked huge on the pitch but was a skinny looking chap off it.

I met Bob Taylor's thighs once , bigger in real life .

2 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Saw Matty Taylor on Sat, he's tiny! Btw has anybody noticed how you never see him and David in Corrie in the same room!

Footballers always look smaller in real life, in the old days Dave Rodgers looked huge on the pitch but was a skinny looking chap off it.

I was by the Tunnel pre-match on Saturday and Djuric is flipping tall as is Hegeler. 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Beefy and muscular?! Unless you’re built like Mo Farah, Djuric looks slender with long limbs rather than powerfully built.

8CE46E61-264E-4BEA-8BA0-6877C61B0E28.jpeg

As a bloke who is 6'4" I'd say it would be pretty easy for Djuric to be knocking on 100kg.

In my mid 20s I did a lot of martial arts  and cycling - lots of leg work but not much upper body stuff.  I got up to 98kg at my peak (about 10kg more than I am now). From that picture I would say that I am of a similar build to Djuric. I am by no means "heavily built" and find it pretty tough to pack on any muscle. 

As further anecdotal evidence I have two mates who are Djuric's height, both are 95kg plus and that's without the life and diet of a pro athlete in the prime of his life.

I love seeing guys like Djuric and Flint play...even if they, like me, turn like an oil tanker. 

16 hours ago, Lew-T said:

What surprises me is his strength. Looks quite a skinny lad but he holds off the defenders with ease.

Personally I’d like to see him have a run in the side with Bobby and as we have an international break coming up, it gives him another chance to get fully fit.

We need warriors and Milan is just that.

Wouldn't describe him as skinny,more the wiry type-and they can be the really tough 'uns........as you say,the 'break comes for him at a good time.

5 hours ago, reddoh said:

lucky you.

I'm just short fat and ugly.

The Bard says I am fat though so its good to have balance on a forum. 

5 hours ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

Think he's 6'7

So 99kg sounds about right then.

2 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

I have never seen a player for us win so much of the ball in the air. He's useful enough with the ball at feet too. 

I honestly think (with the caveat of him staying fit) that he could be an excellent signing for us and we will end up considering the fee for him to be an absolute steal. 

Oh and do we want him to stay fit now. He has already, in one match, made a big difference.

Love that we use metric  for weight height and imperial for height  in this thread.! Duric is 100 kilos and 6 feet 7 inches

Nobody I know says their weight in kilos ,always stones and lbs.  EG New babies weight always in lbs and ounces .Height always in feet and inches .Nobody says I'm 1.8288 metres , they say I'm 6 foot!

Duric therefore is 15stone 12 lbs and 6 feet 7inches 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

As a bloke who is 6'4" I'd say it would be pretty easy for Djuric to be knocking on 100kg.

In my mid 20s I did a lot of martial arts  and cycling - lots of leg work but not much upper body stuff.  I got up to 98kg at my peak (about 10kg more than I am now). From that picture I would say that I am of a similar build to Djuric. I am by no means "heavily built" and find it pretty tough to pack on any muscle. 

As further anecdotal evidence I have two mates who are Djuric's height, both are 95kg plus and that's without the life and diet of a pro athlete in the prime of his life.

I love seeing guys like Djuric and Flint play...even if they, like me, turn like an oil tanker. 

I’ve worked in and studied personal training and have a good knowledge, I’d say with confidence that he’s not 100kg just by sight.

Being 6ft 7” he’ll be strong, of course.

Put it this way - Deontay Wilder is listed at slightly heavier at 103kg and is the same height. The comparative difference in their physical appearance makes it obvious Djuric is nowhere near that weight. It’s a valid comparison because as they’re both pro athletes they’ll both probably have single digit % bodyfat.

I’m digressing here but I really like him. Great option to have and hopefully now his injuries are sorted we’ll see the best of him.

24 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

He is tall. That's it. Not the shit football I like to watch. I'm willing to pay 20 pence for a long ball in to the box and some tall donkey stoping it home. It's shit and it's not the beauty of the game.   

Happy Hour started early, Tommy? :drunk2: 

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

I was by the Tunnel pre-match on Saturday and Djuric is flipping tall as is Hegeler. 

At the CHSW quiz last season we had to put the following players in height order (tallest to smallest):

Flint, Hegeler, Djúric, Giefer and Wilbraham.

Djuric at 6’7" was the tallest, then Flint, either Hegeler or Giefer next, followed by short-arse Wilbs.

I think Djúric has slim legs, but is quite thick set from his arse upwards.  It might be the fact that he needs huge shorts that make his legs look slimmer than they are.

2 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Love that we use metric  for weight height and imperial for height  in this thread.! Duric is 100 kilos and 6 feet 7 inches

Nobody I know says their weight in kilos ,always stones and lbs.  EG New babies weight always in lbs and ounces .Height always in feet and inches .Nobody says I'm 1.8288 metres , they say I'm 6 foot!

I think he's 70 kilos tall .

:yes:

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

He is tall. That's it. Not the shit football I like to watch. I'm willing to pay 20 pence for a long ball in to the box and some tall donkey stoping it home. It's shit and it's not the beauty of the game.   

Best goal I ever saw, Swede, was a long (looping) ball into the box and some tall Dutch bloke stoping it home. 1988 in Munchen. 

Think Djuric would be better off heading that one, mind, rather than volleying it - or stoping it.

16 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Speak for yourself. I am 167cm (makes me sound like less of a short ass :laugh:).

On 21/03/2018 at 12:39, Phileas Fogg said:

Beefy and muscular?! Unless you’re built like Mo Farah, Djuric looks slender with long limbs rather than powerfully built.

8CE46E61-264E-4BEA-8BA0-6877C61B0E28.jpeg

Old picture.  Check the hair. He looked a lot more solidly built on Saturday. 

On 3/21/2018 at 10:22, Robbored said:

If you listen to LJs interviews over this season he's made references to having 'options' particularly from the bench. We've seen him put Flint up top in some games just to give a different physical presence and he must be as delighted as we are with having Djuric available again.

"another club in the bag' as he says.

Yet when his Dad talked the same way he was just a "Conference Manager"?

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Old picture.  Check the hair. He looked a lot more solidly built on Saturday. 

I’m aware it’s a picture from a few months ago, but gaining much noticeable muscle and strength takes a lot longer than a few months. Especially when you factor in that players are basically endurance athletes now.

Archived