IGNORED

Jaap Stam

Super

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Actually there was no reason for me to quote you. I remember perfectly well what a dire GD we had that season....................:facepalm:

Surprised you care

It's a former season, left the club a long time ago. I have no such need or want to discuss ex seasons

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

I'm surprised he's lasted this long!

Job for Dopey?

Taking the Rovers thing out of it, DC has done a pretty good job with no money whatsoever, Rovers are definitely punching (excuse the pun) above their weight, I’d be surprised if a bigger club with no money wouldn’t want him in, but I think DC has become a bit institutionalised (again excuse the pun) at Rovers and prefers to be the big fish in a small pond, with no real pressure to succeed.  If they do badly he can blame the lack of resources and board backing (falling back on back to back promotions), if he does well he can take all the plaudits himself, a very comfortable job really, but when you get comfortable you will start to lose your edge.  If I was DC I’d be looking for other opportunities to step up and prove how good I think I am, because the ground and better finances are years away minimum

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Surprised you care

It's a former season, left the club a long time ago. I have no such need or want to discuss ex seasons

I don't care. I just happen to remember as it was not that long ago. 

Truly remarkable that that season only got exciting when we played Palace in the semi finals. Noble scored a screamer at Selhurst Park  iirc.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Truly remarkable that that season only got exciting when we played Palace in the semi finals. Noble scored a screamer at Selhurst Park  iirc.

Those games against Palace were immense

Those two and late winners against Norwich and Watford (I think!) are one of the few things I can really remember about it. And getting absolutely humped at Ipswich quite early on and thinking we were screwed!

12 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Those games against Palace were immense

Those two and late winners against Norwich and Watford (I think!) are one of the few things I can really remember about it. And getting absolutely humped at Ipswich quite early on and thinking we were screwed!

I can remember plenty about that season tbh.

Who can forget a string of games- home games in particular- being settled by screamers from range by Elliott? The return of Pulis, the ramping up of the rivalry with Colin...the not so good, i.e. losing to Leicester in Hollowhead's first game there- but he did take them down on the last day which was funny as!

Last minute winners scored, last minute goals conceded...it really was a fun season. Just a shame it ended as it did, but it was a great season in many ways!

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Taking the Rovers thing out of it, DC has done a pretty good job with no money whatsoever, Rovers are definitely punching (excuse the pun) above their weight, I’d be surprised if a bigger club with no money wouldn’t want him in, but I think DC has become a bit institutionalised (again excuse the pun) at Rovers and prefers to be the big fish in a small pond, with no real pressure to succeed.  If they do badly he can blame the lack of resources and board backing (falling back on back to back promotions), if he does well he can take all the plaudits himself, a very comfortable job really, but when you get comfortable you will start to lose your edge.  If I was DC I’d be looking for other opportunities to step up and prove how good I think I am, because the ground and better finances are years away minimum

He is a pretty good manager, and I do think he will be managing in the championship at some stage (hopefully not with the blue few), but in order to get head-hunted, I think he does need to get the Gas in a play off spot. I dont think a 10th place position in the 3rd tier with a Bristol club will encourage a Barnsleys/Ipswich/Reading type of club to come running for him.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Considering they’ve scored 11 goals in their last eight games, I’m not sure he’s the most reliable statistician..! 

Perhaps 10 of them were own goals and massive deflections?

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yet another top player who fails as a manager.

6 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Got to the play off final last year and missed out on penalties, maybe the players arnt good enough or they are not trying for him. Players need to take more responsibility. 

They sold their best player, who imho was the best DM in the Champ.....Danny Williams to Huddersfield.....and were unable to replace him.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I can remember plenty about that season tbh.

Who can forget a string of games- home games in particular- being settled by screamers from range by Elliott? The return of Pulis, the ramping up of the rivalry with Colin...the not so good, i.e. losing to Leicester in Hollowhead's first game there- but he did take them down on the last day which was funny as!

Last minute winners scored, last minute goals conceded...it really was a fun season. Just a shame it ended as it did, but it was a great season in many ways!

didn't lose to Leicester away......0 0 draw I was there

7 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Didn’t we have the same GD in our playoff season back in 07/08? 

07-08 GD was indeed one. Scored 54, conceded 53. The following season GD was 0, scored 54, conceded 54.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

just ruined my evening thanks.

4 hours ago, archie andrews said:

didn't lose to Leicester away......0 0 draw I was there

Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah, we drew up there- I guess what I was trying to say was, it was Hollowhead's first game there- as in there, as in Leicester. Yeah, can clarify that now though- we definitely drew 0-0 up there, but we did lose at home to Leicester, which was his first game in charge of them.

12 hours ago, tinman85 said:

How they made it to the play off final last year is a miracle. They were poor. Think they had a plus one GD or something like that. 

12 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Didn’t we have the same GD in our playoff season back in 07/08? 

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We made it to the play off final in 2008 with a goal difference of plus one.....Reading’s was plus four last season...

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Same as when City reached the pray off final.

6 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

What, like us in 2008,?

5 hours ago, 22A said:

07-08 GD was indeed one. Scored 54, conceded 53. The following season GD was 0, scored 54, conceded 54.

What was our GD in 2008 when we made it to the playoff final? Asking for a friend.. :P

8 hours ago, pillred said:

we did with a level goal difference!

No.  :facepalm:

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah, we drew up there- I guess what I was trying to say was, it was Hollowhead's first game there- as in there, as in Leicester. Yeah, can clarify that now though- we definitely drew 0-0 up there, but we did lose at home to Leicester, which was his first game in charge of them.

Matty Fryatt? scored for them at AG. Night game I think? Or in the winter months as it was dark and foo king cold 

6 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Cotts was reportedly on a 2.5 year deal at £450k pa. So depending on the severance deal, he may not need to rush back to work!

Cotts would be mad as a hatter to go to another club with a Chinese owner. But that means he probably will.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If I remember rightly this was the game when some City fans started clapping the turd for the 1st time, unfortunately some have carried on this bizarre trait for some god awful reason, a family member of mine is very good friends with him and he absolutely HATES us.

Never believe what he says in the media.

Archived