IGNORED

Jaap Stam

Super

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I get the feeling that there are at least four teams worse than Reading so they should be okay in my opinion. 

I should look at their remaining fixtures, doesn't make pretty reading, the only team they play around then are Sunderland. I think they are in the poo.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

How they made it to the play off final last year is a miracle. They were poor. Think they had a plus one GD or something like that. 

Just goes to show how teams can fall away so quickly

Does seem an odd decision now as they have been so bad for so long, on the radio last night one Reading fan claimed they had only had one shot on target in there last EIGHT GAMES !

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Does seem an odd decision now as they have been so bad for so long, on the radio last night one Reading fan claimed they had only had one shot on target in there last EIGHT GAMES !

FM that's a horrendous stat...

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

5 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

FM that's a horrendous stat...

Considering they’ve scored 11 goals in their last eight games, I’m not sure he’s the most reliable statistician..! 

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Didn't they score 2 against Norwich on Saturday?

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Timing probably because they see it as a last roll of the dice, get someone in to reinvigorate and edge to safety.

Generally, Reading's fall in some ways isn't so surprising. Different to that of Sheff Wed- last season they were definitely overperforming, outmatching their expectations. This year maybe an overcompensation in terms of drop off.

37 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

I work in Bracknell, lots of colleagues are Reading fans, they are hoping this will save their season, looking at their remaining fixtures I think there in deep deep dooo.

Their fixtures don't seem too bad in my view. Home to QPR and Sunderland should be 6 points really for them

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We didn’t take 6 points from those fixtures and I’d say we are much better than Reading...

No, but I thought Sunderland and QPR are the worst sides I have seen this season and we really shouldnt have thrown away a 3-0 lead vs Sunderland.

Looking at Experimental 3-6-1. It's not always right by any stretch, but their model and compared to that, it had Reading overperforming vastly last season.

Perhaps not a slump to this extent was anticipated but definitely good case that they overperformed significantly last year.

Also, pretty impressively, when it returned this season it had Fulham in 2nd...and they have been definitely the 2nd best side for a while. Worth a look!

I'll hold my hands up and say that when Reading were chasing promotion, I expected Jaap Stam was going to get the next big manager move.  I really thought he was destined for one of the Premier League top six teams.

The home game last season when we were leading 2-0 and eventually lost 2-3 was incredibly one-sided (and depressing) once Reading got a sniff of a comeback.  They were so dominant in our half of the pitch.

The way that Reading have played this season would say that Stam doesn't have any clue how to stop a slide or that the problems at the Madejski run far deeper than even their fans believe.  Another case of Chinese ownership turning bad?

Archived