IGNORED

frustrating!!

pillred

Don't really see how the two are linked.

- I'm happy not going up because it doesn't matter to me what league City are in. Secondly, I'm wary of it being transformed in to a corporate monster, and a husk of the BCFC i fell in love with.

- Every team but 2 or 3 on the planet loses their players to bigger clubs. It's highly unlikely we'll ever be in a position to compete with those clubs. Even then, has it been made official BR is off yet?

Not even sure if this is meant to be a wind up post.

If you are good enough to go up you go up. Our recent performances have been very disappointing. Things need to change dramatically if we should stand a chance to get promoted. Not very likely. If we go up I'm fine without a single player from the current squad. Would be a great start for a newly promoted side not to carry any bad eggs. 

Are you saying that you don't want us to go up (which to me defeats the object of being a supporter anyway!), because, if we did, we would  sell Bobby to another premier club?  Whereas if we stayed in the Championship, we wouldn't sell him, and for that reason you want us to stay down? 

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

- I'm happy not going up because it doesn't matter to me what league City are in. Secondly, I'm wary of it being transformed in to a corporate monster, and a husk of the BCFC i fell in love with.

- Every team but 2 or 3 on the planet loses their players to bigger clubs. It's highly unlikely we'll ever be in a position to compete with those clubs. Even then, has it been made official BR is off yet?

what I mean is apart from being in the premiership a team like Bournemouth would never be considered to be a better club for a player, and until we get to the top flight we will continue to lose our best players and the quicker we get there the better.  

I think I recall Lee Johnson saying a few weeks ago that they had dvds of the best strikers to learn from. I thought about this earlier in the season,  because as good as Bobby is playing this,season, his finishing isn't that of a natural striker.  And the player I thought he should study is Defoe. 

No idea if the Bournemouth rumours are true, but it must be a mouth watering prospect for the two to play/ train together, and wouldn't blame Bobby if he took it!

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

what I mean is apart from being in the premiership a team like Bournemouth would never be considered to be a better club for a player, and until we get to the top flight we will continue to lose our best players and the quicker we get there the better.  

I don't think its ever good to look over your shoulder at other clubs. 

Be happy with the here and now. We've improved our standing in the championship after a couple of struggle seasons. 

We would lose our best players regardless of our current position. Every club is a selling club. 

That being said I've got full faith in our current infrastructure that if somebody does leave it will be for a wholesome fee. 

45 minutes ago, pillred said:

all the people on here who say I'm quite happy being in the championship and don't really want to go up, well how do you feel about losing bobby Reid to a team like Bournemouth,  well it frustrates the hell out of me.

Are you saying if we get promoted we won't lose our better players? Like every other player on the planet they will go to the team that pays them the most!

37 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

We are becoming a corporate monster and a husk of the BCFC I fell in love with whilst in league 1 and the Championship and will continue to do so. The only consolation is that if we went up, BS would slaver over newbies and price out long time fans and then have to grovel when we came back down as Tristram from Southville decided he wanted to follow Manchester City and Real Madrid instead.

53 minutes ago, pillred said:

all the people on here who say I'm quite happy being in the championship and don't really want to go up, well how do you feel about losing bobby Reid to a team like Bournemouth,  well it frustrates the hell out of me.

Bournemouth are probably raking in 100m a year in PL and he has had wonderful season so bound to attract interest.

37 minutes ago, pillred said:

Continue...? Which of our best players did we last lose to a club in the Premier league..? 

26 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

We are becoming a corporate monster and a husk of the BCFC I fell in love with whilst in league 1 and the Championship and will continue to do so. The only consolation is that if we went up, BS would slaver over newbies and price out long time fans and then have to grovel when we came back down as Tristram from Southville decided he wanted to follow Manchester City and Real Madrid instead.

honestly don't give a toss if we go up or not. Hate what's happened to the top end of the game. whether it be the prem, europe or the national team, it's all about products, projects, customers, consumers and money. The chase to get to the top is a thrill, but after that it all goes pear-shaped.

For me the big thing about football was the day out, the booze, the banter and the laughs to be had with friends and strangers. The higher you go, the more you lose that. Don't get me wrong, I don't want us to be s**t, but I'm terrified by the thought of our club turning into some faceless entity. 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I am desperate like everyone to keep Bobby, but I am sure we would only accept crazy money for him. And at least we already have a Bobby replacement in Pato, as Pato is a number 10.

Except Pato is nowhere near Bobbys level. Bobbys consistency and energy is absolutely extraordinary. 

If Bobby goes - which l hope above every other player doesn't happen - Pato ain't a replacement he's a make do. Sell Bobby spend what comes in on a replacement? Hmmmmm KEEP BOBBY happy here if at all possible. 

14 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

With his contract expiring, I'm not sure we'd get as much as people think. Our hand may be forced.

We can easily exercise our option to extend it to summer 2019.  There is no way City won’t exercise that option....unless of course they put a brand new deal on the table.  Bobby Reid will not be out of contract this summer.

Whether we sell him or not is a completely different question.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I thought he meant with it expiring in 2019 with the extension

Ah ok....sorry @Bryans Left Peg.

To be honest, if all that happens this summer is Reid is extended to summer 2019 by us exercising the option, then Reid is on his way.  There is no way we won’t offer him something very decent thus summer.  If he turns it down, it’s because he’s off.

I’m not normally this black and white, but on this occasion, we will know his intentions by what contract he takes.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ah ok....sorry @Bryans Left Peg.

To be honest, if all that happens this summer is Reid is extended to summer 2019 by us exercising the option, then Reid is on his way.  There is no way we won’t offer him something very decent thus summer.  If he turns it down, it’s because he’s off.

I’m not normally this black and white, but on this occasion, we will know his intentions by what contract he takes.

I was aware of the 1 year extension yes :yes: but even with a one year extension, it will mean we can't demand the fee we'd like.

I completely agree with your post above. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, pillred said:

until we get to the top flight we will continue to lose our best players and the quicker we get there the better.  

I missed the news that a transfer embargo had been brought in sparring all premier clubs from having to sell.

Does this mean Liverpool can declare the Coutinho transfer null and void???

3 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I missed the news that a transfer embargo had been brought in sparring all premier clubs from having to sell.

Does this mean Liverpool can declare the Coutinho transfer null and void???

for once you have joined us mere mortals :-)

58 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Please don't respond with common sense. It doesn't help OP make his ridiculous point.

so it's ridiculous that I am frustrated that we could lose our better players to a club a few years ago most of us would have considered hardly worthy of consideration, and by the way we have lost many players over the years to clubs higher than us in the league, some a bigger club than us, but many times to a club most of us would consider to be a smaller club, it is only because we are not in the top flight this has happened, and yes I am well aware that apart from a few clubs teams can lose players, but when it is to a team like Bournemouth, tiny ground 11.000 crowds, then yes I get a bit pissed off.

14 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

I was aware of the 1 year extension yes :yes: but even with a one year extension, it will mean we can't demand the fee we'd like.

I completely agree with your post above. :thumbsup:

I’ve read (nothing itk though) that we are in the process of agreeing a 3 year extension.  I hope he gets a deal on a par or near our highest earners.

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

so it's ridiculous that I am frustrated that we could lose our better players to a club a few years ago most of us would have considered hardly worthy of consideration, and by the way we have lost many players over the years to clubs higher than us in the league, some a bigger club than us, but many times to a club most of us would consider to be a smaller club, it is only because we are not in the top flight this has happened, and yes I am well aware that apart from a few clubs teams can lose players, but when it is to a team like Bournemouth, tiny ground 11.000 crowds, then yes I get a bit pissed off.

It starts off as a question then fades off so I'm not sure if you're looking for a response or not but... yes, you're being completely ridiculous.

In January, Arsenal lost their star player to Man United. Liverpool 'lost' Coutinho to Barcelona. Dortmund 'lost' Aubameyang to Arsenal etc

In this case, Bournemouth are 10th in the  Premier League, currently four places off a European spot. Playing (and winning) against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea. Of course it's a step up, don't be deluded.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I am desperate like everyone to keep Bobby, but I am sure we would only accept crazy money for him. And at least we already have a Bobby replacement in Pato, as Pato is a number 10.

Pato will never be a twenty goals a season at this level. Neither will he be able to do the pressing and harrying that Bobby does. 

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So what? Who should we buy that is as good as Bobby Reid? 

Cauley Woodrow.  Hard to believe I know, but the player I’d seen at Burton and Fulham had a very good alround game that I thought was suited to us.  He was a real pest closing down Flint and Wright last season, let alone what he did on the ball.

Funny old game.

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Watch it. Nothing wrong with Southville (and I'm big mates with Tristram)

Archived