IGNORED

frustrating!!

pillred

4 hours ago, pillred said:

all the people on here who say I'm quite happy being in the championship and don't really want to go up, well how do you feel about losing bobby Reid to a team like Bournemouth,  well it frustrates the hell out of me.

He was talking to a far bigger club than Bournemouth months ago! I suspect he’ll be gone in the summer. City will make money.Bobby will make money.Clap him when he comes back please he is a local lad!

It's only paper talk saying Bournemouth's in for him, don't know why people are getting so worked up there's usually nothing in it.

Someone will go in the summer but I reckon it's more likely to be Joe as we have a ready-made replacement in Kelly with Hörður as backup.

5 hours ago, frenchred said:

Are you saying if we get promoted we won't lose our better players? Like every other player on the planet they will go to the team that pays them the most!

of course if we got promoted we could lose our best players, it wouldn't hurt so much if it was spurs or man city, but to be potentially  losing one of our best players to a club like Bournemouth or a number of other clubs in the prem Watford Huddersfield to name two is annoying, because I think of us as a better club, though at the moment  that is only potentially, that is what frustrates me the most I was only using Bournemouth as an example.

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

of course if we got promoted we could lose our best players, it wouldn't hurt so much if it was spurs or man city, but to be potentially  losing one of our best players to a club like Bournemouth or a number of other clubs in the prem Watford Huddersfield to name two is annoying, because I think of us as a better club, though at the moment  that is only potentially, that is what frustrates me the most I was only using Bournemouth as an example.

There lies your first problem, you ignoramus.

6 hours ago, Loon plage said:

We are becoming a corporate monster and a husk of the BCFC I fell in love with whilst in league 1 and the Championship and will continue to do so. The only consolation is that if we went up, BS would slaver over newbies and price out long time fans and then have to grovel when we came back down as Tristram from Southville decided he wanted to follow Manchester City and Real Madrid instead.

So you are saying that Derrick from Crews Hole would be more loyal then? How very dare you slate the fine people of Southville.

I don't see what is different about this to any other season during my 50 years of watching City.

The names of the clubs change but there have always been comparatively smaller teams that could use the draw of top flight football to get any of our players.

12 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Pato will never be a twenty goals a season at this level. Neither will he be able to do the pressing and harrying that Bobby does. 

11 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Especially as he only plays one good game in seven

I remember similar comments regarding one of our players, less than a year ago. 

Now, who was it they were talking about...?! 

• Admin

He's had a deal on the table for a long time already, there is clearly a reason for why he is yet to sign it?

Agent in his ear chirping about how he becomes even "more" sellable once he is in the final year of his contract - and the player really does then have the power to demand more

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

Also a lot more prone to knee-jerk reactions when it comes to posting it seems...

I think you will find it was him who knee jerked first, I was just being ironic it was a joke which you obviously did not get. look forward to your knee jerk reaction.

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think you will find it was him who knee jerked first, I was just being ironic it was a joke which you obviously did not get. look forward to your knee jerk reaction.

I was talking about your original post.

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I was talking about your original post.

I was expecting a bit of debate, maybe I didn't make my point very well, just find it frustrating that we might lose players to clubs that really we should not be due to the fact they are in the premiership. what I did not expect was to be called an ignoramus and then you're not very bright are you from one poster, hence my over the top response that was meant to be a joke.

18 hours ago, pillred said:

all the people on here who say I'm quite happy being in the championship and don't really want to go up, well how do you feel about losing bobby Reid to a team like Bournemouth,  well it frustrates the hell out of me.

Feel the same and hate how the even bigger clubs take players directly from lower league team's academies before they even make the first team.

4 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Feel the same and hate how the even bigger clubs take players directly from lower league team's academies before they even make the first team.

That is irritating I'll give you that.

Jacob Maddox, Herbie Kane, Rolando Aarons.

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

That is irritating I'll give you that.

Jacob Maddox, Herbie Kane, Rolando Aarons.

Said to be very good young players, but even so they'll be hard pushed to make it at clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool with the plethora of multi million pound signings they can, and constantly do, make.

If they don't make it there the chances must be very high that as City fans their choice for an alternative league career will see them return to AG as very well schooled and extremely accomplished players at our level.

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Said to be very good young players, but even so they'll be hard pushed to make it at clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool with the plethora of multi million pound signings they can, and constantly do, make.

If they don't make it there the chances must be very high that as City fans their choice for an alternative league career will see them return to AG as very well schooled and extremely accomplished players at our level.

You'd hope so.

I read Gerrard's autobiography a few years ago and the two players he had special mention for were Trent Alexander-Arnold (now pushing for a first team place) and young Herbie. As JM and HK are both Bristolians it's not totally out of the realms of possibility that we will in fact see them back here. Seems to fit with the project.

Probably end up on loan at Cheltenham anyway mind.

17 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

You'd hope so.

I read Gerrard's autobiography a few years ago and the two players he had special mention for were Trent Alexander-Arnold (now pushing for a first team place) and young Herbie. As JM and HK are both Bristolians it's not totally out of the realms of possibility that we will in fact see them back here. Seems to fit with the project.

Quite so...

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

You'd hope so.

Not only Bristolians but both genuine City fanatics as I understand it.

Gerrard is probably a good judge and Kane (and Maddox at Chelsea) might be so outstanding they are the exceptions that force their way in.

If they do, good for them, a fantastic achievement, but it will show exactly just how much we missed out on when they were tempted away - to do so they'd have to be 2 of the most exceptional youngsters ever to be associated with BCFC.

Ashton Gate is where their hearts remain, I suspect, and no doubt City are monitoring their progress and would welcome them back into the fold should they falter and become available at any stage.

It wouldn't surprise me to see one of them on loan here at some stage, in Kane's case perhaps depending on how Liverpool judge the benefits of the Kent loan.

Archived