IGNORED

Nz v England

Super

• Admin

Darren Gough called this on the radio earlier in the evening on the radio. he said England are a shambles at this ground and NZ would win by at least an innings

You hear about football clubs repaying supporters when there are rubbish performances, time for the ECB to dip into those coffers !

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Darren Gough called this on the radio earlier in the evening on the radio. he said England are a shambles at this ground and NZ would win by at least an innings

You hear about football clubs repaying supporters when there are rubbish performances, time for the ECB to dip into those coffers !

I think cricket is different from footy, Even in defeat you tend to still have a great time!

I am surprised that people are surprised, this England squad proved last year how totally unprofessional they are, the individual skill is there but they lack the desire, professionalism, self discipline and will to win that Australia have, England seem more interested in getting pissed and parting than performing like sportsmen.

They are still run by has beens and never were's and Root as captain is just a pathetic joke. The warning signs were there to be seen, no Aussie captain would have made the mistakes that he made in last seasons home series against 2 poor sides and because we managed to win both series people believed that all was well, where as I don't think Australia would have been so happy.

The whole English game needs an overhaul because it has become a national embarrassment.

• Admin

Thank goodness they are bringing in new selectors but then they have the same talent to choose from

The England Lions just got thumped by the WIndies 3rd team in a test series and the U19's came FIFTH in the recent World Cup - the future looks bleak especially with the increased funding around

• Admin
1 hour ago, Super said:

I think cricket is different from footy, Even in defeat you tend to still have a great time!

Hopefully at the organised functions over the coming weeks the players will look after those that travelled out there

27 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am surprised that people are surprised, this England squad proved last year how totally unprofessional they are, the individual skill is there but they lack the desire, professionalism, self discipline and will to win that Australia have, England seem more interested in getting pissed and parting than performing like sportsmen.

And are under no pressure for their places either.

30 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

And are under no pressure for their places either.

Absolutely.  It is utterly bizarre that Mark Wood isn't playing.  We can't make the ball swing and have a batch of fast medium, right hand bowlers.  At least Wood does something different.  Too obsessed with batting down to 10.  

Root is no captain.  Stokes is so arrogant that he thinks he knows better and Anderson and Broad probably have too much influence. They are literally doing the same things they did for the Ashes and expecting different results. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Absolutely.  It is utterly bizarre that Mark Wood isn't playing.  We can't make the ball swing and have a batch of fast medium, right hand bowlers.  At least Wood does something different.  Too obsessed with batting down to 10.  

Not only that - having four bowlers of the same style

May aswell left Jack Leach back in Taunton

7 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

They are still run by has beens and never were's and Root as captain is just a pathetic joke. The warning signs were there to be seen, no Aussie captain would have made the mistakes that he made in last seasons home series against 2 poor sides and because we managed to win both series people believed that all was well, where as I don't think Australia would have been so happy.

The whole English game needs an overhaul because it has become a national embarrassment.

True, it does seem circular as Gooch was made Captain to stop the wild off field antics,  of Beefy and co...

21 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Worst test batting performance I have ever seen. Common denominator of all wickets... Nobody moved their feet. Not one...

I reckon Moeen`s still trying to see the ball that bowled him now.

TBF Trent Boult bowled very well but there`s no way we should have collapsed like we did.

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I reckon Moeen`s still trying to see the ball that bowled him now.

TBF Trent Boult bowled very well but there`s no way we should have collapsed like we did.

2 of the 10 wickets were 'excellent' deliveries I'd say... Moeen's was an embarrassment. Horrendous test match batting.

Rain likely to save us

2 hours ago, hodge said:

So no runs and no wickets yet for Ali.... well just watch him keep his space all tour .... :facepalm:

He has the look of a man almost pleading to be dropped.  He's completely gone in Test Cricket.  Yet in 50 over cricket he's doing absolutely fine.  

Archived