IGNORED

Why isn’t there a Bristol City app?

Notbarrymanc

We must be one of the only teams in the championship without one. Even burton have one. If we were to go up then for sure we’d be the only team in the premier without one. 

We we had one last season. We were told there’d be one this season. 

They are good good for many things, ticket sales, marketing and merchandise not withstanding.

It makes the club seem seem archaic and cheap. These things are not new, and are not expensive to set up or manage. 

4 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Seriously? 

Whats the point in any app any app for that matter. 

Honest question mate, I don't really use my phone for this kind of thing so I'm not wise to it. What would you actually be able to get on an app that isn't already available through the club by other means?

It’s not that it won’t be available elsewhere. It’s that it’s much easier to access and in a much easier format. 

To to buy a city shirt now you have to go through 10-20 steps, from googling the club shop to inputting all your details. With an app it’s done in about 5 steps at a fraction of the time. Same with tickets, same with news articles. 

10 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

It’s not that it won’t be available elsewhere. It’s that it’s much easier to access and in a much easier format. 

To to buy a city shirt now you have to go through 10-20 steps, from googling the club shop to inputting all your details. With an app it’s done in about 5 steps at a fraction of the time. Same with tickets, same with news articles. 

Like others I can't see the point of an app. The shop is accessible via the OS or BS as are ticketing options.

Being happily retired, taking a few minutes more isn't usually an issue for me. If it is I do whatever it is a bit later on.

19 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

How many times a week do you buy a new shirt?

I agree with the OP, seems strange not to have an app.

The app would be useful for notifications on the latest news/interviews, line ups/team news, live updates/scores, offers on tickets/merchandise etc.

The dream would be to be able to watch BCTV through an app on your phone, the current system is embarrassingly bad.

Which clubs have apps that do ticket or merchandise sales?

The Burton app (and others in the EFL Digital network) is just content from the EFL Digital template websites - news, fixtures, video content.

The Huddersfield Town app appears to offer no ticket/merchandise sales. Nor does the Swansea City app.

The Manchester City app allows you to view the online shop in-app (but isn't integrated) and tickets just presents you with details of how to buy tickets (online/phone).

38 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I always wondered who went around downloading these Apps that every second website seems to offer; filling up their phones with vast amounts of clutter.

I have to disagree, even I a 50 something bloke uses a few of these. It's often the ones that look most useless that are the ones I end up using most. 

I have a couple of hotel ones and the Wetherspoons app is really useful in airports when you are travelling alone.

38 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

You’re literally moaning about sitting down and clicking with your finger. Jesus wept, how lazy are you? 

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The Burton app (and others in the EFL Digital network) is just content from the EFL Digital template websites - news, fixtures, video content.

The Huddersfield Town app appears to offer no ticket/merchandise sales. Nor does the Swansea City app.

The Manchester City app allows you to view the online shop in-app (but isn't integrated) and tickets just presents you with details of how to buy tickets (online/phone).

Yes, but an app could tell you to log on to what we already have..! 

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have to disagree, even I a 50 something bloke uses a few of these. It's often the ones that look most useless that are the ones I end up using most. 

I have a couple of hotel ones and the Wetherspoons app is really useful in airports when you are travelling alone.

I do to be fair know an elderly couple who use the Wetherspoons app as they have trouble carrying things back to their table.  However my point was about the multiplicity of apps.  Every time you went into OTIB you used to get this Tapatalk app option pop up, which is apparently dire, I have on my phone a Youtube app which I cannot delete.  I see no benefit from watching Youtube vidoes in a Youtube app rather than on Chrome but there you go, another pointless app.

12 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I’m highlighting the benefit of an app from the clubs POV. Less time for consideration = more sales. It’s also additional revenue through ads.

From a personal POV, I want it for quick easy access to city news and fixture lists. 

I don’t go on the sky sports website when I want a browse of the sports news. I don’t go on the bbc website when I want a browse of the news. I go on their apps. They’re quicker, easier and better. 

App utilisation is literally why smart phones are so popular. You old gits. 

46 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Sounds fantastic. Will the app make sure that shop actually has any normal sized shirts in stock?

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I do to be fair know an elderly couple who use the Wetherspoons app as they have trouble carrying things back to their table.  However my point was about the multiplicity of apps.  Every time you went into OTIB you used to get this Tapatalk app option pop up, which is apparently dire, I have on my phone a Youtube app which I cannot delete.  I see no benefit from watching Youtube vidoes in a Youtube app rather than on Chrome but there you go, another pointless app.

The YouTube app remembers what videos you’ve watched and liked and recommends similar videos you might like, as well as acting as a library so you can go back and rewatch videos. It adds a lot more. 

1 minute ago, Notbarrymanc said:

I’m highlighting the benefit of an app from the clubs POV. Less time for consideration = more sales. It’s also additional revenue through ads.

From a personal POV, I want it for quick easy access to city news and fixture lists. 

I don’t go on the sky sports website when I want a browse of the sports news. I don’t go on the bbc website when I want a browse of the news. I go on their apps. They’re quicker, easier and better. 

App utilisation is literally why smart phones are so popular. You old gits. 

:D

Now now NotBarry, that's plenty enough screen time for today.

3 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Oh 

I get the point of Apps in speeding certain tasks up but there are so many being offered that you would have to be really discriminating in what you download otherwise the time you save in having an App is lost in trying to find it on your screens.

I also tend to avoid them because I fear that they will be perpetually giving me notifications of the "amazing" new features they have installed without my permission.

26 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You can tell the posters over the age of 40 on this thread. Apps are much easier and quicker to use.  

Nonsense Dave. Apps are rubbish.

I'm in my 40s and I activated the fitness app on my Samsung phone. Almost 12 months on and I'm still unfit and overweight.

That app hasn't done anything for me. It's almost like they expect me to exercise myself or something. This isn't progress.

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I get the point of Apps in speeding certain tasks up but there are so many being offered that you would have to be really discriminating in what you download otherwise the time you save in having an App is lost in trying to find it on your screens.

I also tend to avoid them because I fear that they will be perpetually giving me notifications of the "amazing" new features they have installed without my permission.

You store the relevant ones together. I have a football folder that had the old Bristol city app, along with sky sports news and bbc sport. Etcetc

You can turnoff notifications, although they’re not particularly intrusive anyway. They can’t make changes without your say so. 

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I miss “Club Call”

Many years ago I used to do the updates at WSM FC, there was a great incident when WSM were playing at Newport IOW, whilst I was doing the match report the team doing the warm down decided it was funny to pepper me with footballs - I got hit by one, shouted back an expletive, which unknowingly was broadcast.

A slapped wrist later and the update was done.....

As for the original question @AdamB would be the best to update on this?

Archived