IGNORED

Amsterdam, England game.

BCFC1512

44 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Fans once again giving us a good name. I bloody love Amsterdam. Shame people can’t relax and enjoy it without making fools of themselves:

https://twitter.com/footyawayday/status/977145473151766529

Bang on, it's just embarrassing.

As for the Bulldogs, they are amongst the worst, rip off coffeeshops in Amsterdam but act as a useful magnet for a certain type of visitor for the rest of us.

On 22/03/2018 at 10:19, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Get to the Bulldog, tangerine haze, no Baccy. 

Proper 

White widows splendid there . Ah those were the days , did the dam every year more or less during the nineties . Bags  of God’s wonder plant were cheap and the size of crisp packets . Top place for a muck about . 

22 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Bang on, it's just embarrassing.

As for the Bulldogs, they are amongst the worst, rip off coffeeshops in Amsterdam but act as a useful magnet for a certain type of visitor for the rest of us.

You’re right , the best coffeeshops are in the back streets away from the red light district 

15 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You’re right , the best coffeeshops are in the back streets away from the red light district 

You're right generally but Green House is just up the road on on Oudezijds Voorburgwal, Greenhouse Effect is on Nieuwmarkt and Abraxas is just off Dam Square for a start and are different leagues to the Bulldogs!

1 hour ago, 22A said:

In assorted Cities across Europe, there is a Belushi's bar and joined on to it is a branch of St Christopher's Hostels giving cheap B&B. Beds are soft, rooms clean and the bathrooms are spotless. The dorms are mixed sex. The first time I went in the next bed as a 19 year old female!

So, just to clarify.

You went in (disguised yourself) as a 19 year old female or there was one such in the next bed to you.

47 minutes ago, Stortz said:

You're right generally but Green House is just up the road on on Oudezijds Voorburgwal, Greenhouse Effect is on Nieuwmarkt and Abraxas is just off Dam Square for a start and are different leagues to the Bulldogs!

Bugging me now but other side of dam track from the red light in a back st amongst the shops is a three story mainly glass building . Top floor there’s herb bar . The bloke grows it all himself and is proud of his cannabis cup wins. Spent many a time there chatting to him (seemed like days)  

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Thought we looked pretty decent in fairness, against a poor Dutch side. Other than a habit of dicking about in our own box, a well deserved win.

Yep, saw the second half. England moved the ball quickly and well. Encouraging performance yes, but probably the worst Dutch team in living memory.

Yeah we passed and moved well but for me i wont even remotely take this team seriously untill we start showing promise in the tournament itself. I remember a friendly against Germany in the build up to euro 2016 and we had a blinder, look what shower of shite we served up when it really mattered.. jurys out for me I’m afraid!!

Think we looked better without Kane.  Southgate selected an eleven to play together in the style he wanted.  Ready for tin hat, but Kane only comes alive around / inside the box....and we don’t spend anywhere near enough time in that area.  Thought Rashford and Sterling came short really well tonight....and they also stretched them the other way too.

I enjoyed watching this performance tonight.  Easy to say Holland were poor.  We outplayed them.

27 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

The one thing i was happy with tonight

Ali did not start 

Wouldnt have him any where near the starting line up

Funny that, I thought (apart from Roses crossing) they all played well, until Ali came on. Didn't hold the ball, flicks never came off at all. Vardy did better and I don't think he touched the ball.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think we looked better without Kane.  Southgate selected an eleven to play together in the style he wanted.  Ready for tin hat, but Kane only comes alive around / inside the box....and we don’t spend anywhere near enough time in that area.  Thought Rashford and Sterling came short really well tonight....and they also stretched them the other way too.

I enjoyed watching this performance tonight.  Easy to say Holland were poor.  We outplayed them.

What? 

3 minutes ago, Offside said:

I thought it was a decent performance by England and a deserved win, although we looked disjointed after the substitutions.

That's why I have zero interest in England friendlies. 

From a fans perspective they're pretty much a waste of time unless you fancy a few nights on the lash in whatever country England are playing

The 3-5-2, rather than 3-4-3 Southgate had played previously, surprised me. It worked well, with Sterling or Rashford going in behind and Ox and Lingard playing higher. It meant Henderson had more room in front of the back three and we regularly had an overload in those areas making playing out more successful. 

I questioned Walker's inclusion at centre half, but his athleticism meant we regularly got into the final third rather than get stuck in the middle third we have done at times, similar result with the use of Stones' passing ability. Maguire was comfortable too and Pickford's distribution was the highlight of his performance for me, certainly did his hopes of a world cup start no harm. 

Fair play to Southgate though, he's got a lot of strength out wide and in the final third but got the balance in the centre of the pitch and in the core right tonight. Lingard, Chamberlain and Henderson's positioning and movement really complimented each other and the side in general. After giving Henderson stick in another thread this was the biggest positive I thought.

You can only beat what's in front of you and all that but it was a poor Netherlands side. Despite the positives and looking fairly well drilled I'm still not convinced there's enough in that squad to do anything of much merit in Russia (if we go!)

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

not sure you could have watched the same game I did, most promising display for ages and yes the dutch weren't much cop, but as they say you can only beat what's put in front of you.

That style wont work when it matters, but would love to be proved wrong. Maguire a huge positive and should be starting above Gomez for sure. Pickford also, should be Number 1, distribution is the best out of the 3. Hart should not be included.

27 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

That style wont work when it matters, but would love to be proved wrong. Maguire a huge positive and should be starting above Gomez for sure. Pickford also, should be Number 1, distribution is the best out of the 3. Hart should not be included.

lets see how it goes against Italy, everybody seems to be giving us no chance this summer, lets hope the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, we would all like to be pleasantly surprised, perhaps this is that time keep our fingers crossed.

On 22/03/2018 at 23:45, North London Red said:

Do you not think all these ‘England fans will come under attack’ reports are hysteria?

We were all meant to come under attack from Ukrainian hooligans at Euro 2012 - Sol Campbell’s infamous line, ‘you’ll come home in a coffin’. 

We were all meant to be carjacked and shot in South Africa in 2010.

We were all meant to be mugged and fatally stabbed in Brazil in 2014. 

I had a great time at all three tournaments. 

Perhaps I’m being blasé about Russia, but I find some of these multiple scare stories hard to take seriously. 

Are you forgetting we DID get attacked in an organised manner in Marseille 2016? 

Archived