IGNORED

What causes our mid season slump?

Unan

Oh here we go, another Pedants vs Grammatically challenged argument (discussion at best!).

Where people can't spell, and after years of being a Pedant - that's not someone like Gary Glitter (for the benefit of those who can't spell for sh1t), I've now given up and accept the 'not able to spell' brigade are also not worth fighting with :) 

Most teams go through a slump at some point over 46 games. Cardiff over Xmas and NY, Leeds and Derby as well and other times. Only Wolves seen slump free this season.

The explanation is probability very similar at all clubs. Combination of injuries, suspensions, quick turnover of games, strength and depth of squad.

Back to the question.

I believe there is only one answer to this question and I'm sure that all regulars will know who I consider to be responsible.

If I'm wrong, then the other answer is "everyone concerned and involved with the coaching, playing, supporting, financing and administration of Bristol City Football Club!"

So hands up everyone who believes it's the first option?

PS: I don't think there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes but I am happy to be corrected.

PPS: Are you psychic Robbored? Did you know that I was typing mine at the same time as you?

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Back to the question.

I believe there is only one answer to this question and I'm sure that all regulars will know who I consider to be responsible.

If I'm wrong, then the other answer is "everyone concerned and involved with the coaching, playing, supporting, financing and administration of Bristol City Football Club!"

PS: I don't think there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes (insert comma here) but I am happy to be corrected.

PPS: Are you psychic Robbored? Did you know that I was typing mine at the same time as you?

All in all, a very good post!

I thought a mid season slump was written into the rules, as Bristol City fans would be unable to cope with a stress free season where the team was on form, playing good football and getting positive results pretty well every game.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

I thought a mid season slump was written into the rules, as Bristol City fans would be unable to cope with a stress free season where the team was on form, playing good football and getting positive results pretty well every game.

Have you forgotten Cotts promotion/cup winning season?:facepalm:

The Danny Wilson years were marked by a slump every January. 

This season my only guess would be the combination of running out of steam plus injuries. When you also factor in other teams having a far better idea how we play and countering that, it does become harder to win games as the season progresses.

14 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Back to the question.

PS: I don't think there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes but I am happy to be corrected.

Obviously you mean Johnson, why is that?

I think it’s far too simplistic to be able to blame one person or factor in isolation.

Started with the wolves game didn’t it. Massive kick in the teeth to then go to Villa and get absolutely hammered. Then the lads had to pick themselves up mentally and pyjsically to deal with Man City. I suppose it’s not easy going from league to cup every other week with half the squad out injured either. Confidence is a fragile thing, takes a long time to build it up and a second to destroy it. That along with fitness and the injuries is why we had that blip. Hopefully it’s all behind us now and this international break gives us a chance to get O’Dowda and Taylor back fit then I’m sure we have a fully fit squad? 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Obviously you mean Johnson, why is that?

I think it’s far too simplistic to be able to blame one person or factor in isolation.

He has now, at end of season, had four complete seasons as a manager / head coach.

All four seasons have included a long spell where the points gathered are approx 30 % of the total from the matches available..

My opinion is based very simply in the fact that he appears to be incapable as a head coach of doing anything to arrest these runs. Last season was 11 points out of 66. This season since 30 December it is 14 pts from 42 available.

So maybe an improvement but does it bring reassurance that it will not happen again next season? Not to me. Football is a results based business. Boom and bust is not the route to take.

37 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Thanks Major. On my 6th cycle of 8 of chemo for Hodgkins Lymphoma. Winning so far.

Keep cycling! Life is a battle and you keep your sense of humour because that will help you through whatever is to come.

This will make you laugh. We've had a year of real problems with an aggressive neighbour. Two days ago we got a letter from the council informing us he'd made a complaint of harassment against us.

Yesterday we discovered he has put his house up for sale. So there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

On 22/03/2018 at 16:31, cidered abroad said:

Back to the question.

Nail on the head mate without a doubt

24 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Nail on the head mate without a doubt

Jeez...............:facepalm:

My bowls team and I have won the club triples tonight, celebrated with a few pints and I really can't br arsed  to point out how shortsighted you are.......ffs........:disapointed2se:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Jeez...............:facepalm:

My bowls team and I have won the club triples tonight, celebrated with a few pints and I really can't br arsed  to point out how shortsighted you are.......ffs........:disapointed2se:

Sounds like a riveting night that does.

Sleepy times now!

Archived