IGNORED

Johnson and his big decision from Brentford onwards

tinman85

What will he do for that back 4. Can't see him dropping Wright but he needs to make a call to leave someone out. 

I expect he will play Pisano v Barnsley and then use the reasoning that he needs fresh legs v Brentford so will rest Pisano to accommodate Bailey at right back. 

But from then onwards for me it has to be Pisano Flint Baker Bryan

44 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

What will he do for that back 4. Can't see him dropping Wright but he needs to make a call to leave someone out. 

I expect he will play Pisano v Barnsley and then use the reasoning that he needs fresh legs v Brentford so will rest Pisano to accommodate Bailey at right back. 

But from then onwards for me it has to be Pisano Flint Baker Bryan

Who would you play LM?

Bryan is an okay left back but his best position is LM.

If we keep our third clean sheet in a row without Flint v Barnsley then there is no way he can come straight back into the team.

What more statistical proof does one need that he isn't one of our top two CBs.

Edit: For comparison we have never kept 3 clean sheets in a row at this level with Flint in the team.

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

If we keep our third clean sheet in a row without Flint v Barnsley then there is no way he can come straight back into the team.

Play one of the top six and see how that works out - clean sheets without him in the three games  we will have played are hardly the same.

The best CB pairing, and I would suggest, possibly the best in the league, are Flint and Baker.

22 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Edit: For comparison we have never kept 3 clean sheets in a row at this level with Flint in the team.

Against dire Burton and an Ipswich side I could have played at centre half against

Otherwise a sound theory 

31 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Against poor opposition v Burton and Ipswich. Could have brought Sean Dyche and Mark Shail from retirement and they would have had a clean sheet. 

10 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Against poor opposition v Burton and Ipswich. Could have brought Sean Dyche and Mark Shail from retirement and they would have had a clean sheet. 

How come we didn' keep a clean sheet against Ipswich first time around if they are so bad. What about Barnsley if we manage it this time? Oh yeah, we were on for a clean sheet until Flint comes on with 10 to go.

Sorry, cult hero goalscorer he may be, one of our best two CBs he isn't.

32 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Play one of the top six and see how that works out - clean sheets without him in the three games  we will have played are hardly the same.

The best CB pairing, and I would suggest, possibly the best in the league, are Flint and Baker.

Hahaha have you seen our GC column?

19 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

It sends a terrible message to players that have been playing well if they are dropped for no reason other than another returning from suspension. 

No it doesn't. You play your best 11 when available. Arguably ours is Fielding Pisano Flint Baker Bryan COD Smith Pack Brownhill Diedhiou Reid

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

No it doesn't. You play your best 11 when available. Arguably ours is Fielding Pisano Flint Baker Bryan COD Smith Pack Brownhill Diedhiou Reid

An option I would like to see a 3.5.2

FF

Pisano and Bryan wing backs 

Wright Flint Baker

Smith Pack Brownhill like Fulham away 

Fam Reid 

10 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

FF

Wright Flint Baker

Fam Reid 

Do you not remember Baker as a LCB under Cotterill?  It wasn't pretty.

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

No Flint? Seriously? The best centre half and goal scoring threat in that position in the league?

Best goal scoring centre half in the league, I’ll give you that, best centre half in the league? He’s not even the best centre half at the club.

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

It sends a terrible message to players that have been playing well if they are dropped for no reason other than another returning from suspension. 

In this case I agree. Flint was stupid to get this suspension. If a deputy proves trustworthy, that's a consequence of Flint's own mistake. 

If it's a suspension earned after taking one for the team - preventing goal scoring chance or accumulation of bookings - I would disagree simply because that shouldn't be discouraged. 

For me it would be Wright that misses out, and would Like to see this starting 11 till Calum is fit . 

Fielding 

Pisano       Flint    Baker    Bryan 

Brownhill   Pack   Smith    Patterson 

Bobby    Fam 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

FF

Wright Flint Baker

Fam Reid 

Unless that formation, and the personnel involved, have worked and worked on that in training, AND over a period of time, you simply cannot change set - up on a whim.

This isn't FM.

49 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Best goal scoring centre half in the league, I’ll give you that, best centre half in the league? He’s not even the best centre half at the club.

The best CB at the club is Baker - no question.

The best CB partnership at the club is Baker and Flint - no question.

The sending off was stupid however, for a CB he rarely gets a yellow card, never mind a red, so I think he is allowed this indiscretion.

Archived