IGNORED

Johnson and his big decision from Brentford onwards

tinman85

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

For comparison we have never kept 3 clean sheets in a row at this level with Flint in the team.

For comparison, since Flint joined us we haven’t kept 3 clean sheets in a row at this level...with or without him in the team...so there are loads of other players who have never seen 3 clean sheets in a row with Bristol City at this level during Flint’s time with us....so don’t really get your point....

A lot of people seem to be overlooking that both Wright and Mags will have just returned from international duty. 

Lots of miles travelled and potentially 180 mins of football played. 

A fit, fresh, raring to go Flint Slong with a hopefully fully fit Baker would be likely against Brentford. 

I’m not sure where the above situation leaves us against Barnsley though. Hegeler maybe..? 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

A lot of people seem to be overlooking that both Wright and Mags will have just returned from international duty. 

A fit, fresh, raring to go Flint Slong with a hopefully fully fit Baker would be likely against Brentford. 

I’m not sure where the above situation leaves us against Barnsley though. Hegeler maybe..? 

Good point, obviously lost on some.

No surprise if Wright was rested with Hörður on the bench at Oakwell. Baker and Hegeler as CBs 

Flint back for Brentford. 

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm sure maggs will be ok flying first class back from America.

3 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

For me it would be Wright that misses out, and would Like to see this starting 11 till Calum is fit . 

Fielding 

Pisano       Flint    Baker    Bryan 

Brownhill   Pack   Smith    Patterson 

Bobby    Fam 

Push Bryan to left midfield, put Kelly in his place and put Pato on the bench to swap with Bryan, at the latest, on 60 mins. After that Bryan tends to fade quickly. Fam will also fade so swap him with Duric at the same time.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Good point, obviously lost on some.

No surprise if Wright was rested with Hörður on the bench at Oakwell. Baker and Hegeler as CBs 

Flint back for Brentford. 

Hegeler really the guy is a liability, strikes fear in me if I ever see his name in the line up 

50 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Hegeler really the guy is a liability, strikes fear in me if I ever see his name in the line up 

And just how many times have you seen his name in the line up ? 

:disapointed2se:

Hegeler is a good player but we haven't played him in his best position yet ( wherever that is ) for any run of games.

I see him as a Pack type midfielder but he has mostly been used as Centre back alongside different team mates or thrown in the mix like last week , where he did the job more than adequately.

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

A what?

10 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Unless that formation, and the personnel involved, have worked and worked on that in training, AND over a period of time, you simply cannot change set - up on a whim.

This isn't FM.

Don't mention Football Manager. I was a Championship Manager fan before all this rubbish now....back on subject 3.5.2 is the best formation for us. We look so bereft o ideas playing 4.4.2. We don't control the midfield, create little chances and generally concede goals. Best performances have been 5 across the middle. Now we have Famara and Milan fit seems the best use to also keep the undroppable Bailey Wright in the team. 

6 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Don't mention Football Manager. I was a Championship Manager fan before all this rubbish now....back on subject 3.5.2 is the best formation for us. We look so bereft o ideas playing 4.4.2. We don't control the midfield, create little chances and generally concede goals. Best performances have been 5 across the middle. Now we have Famara and Milan fit seems the best use to also keep the undroppable Bailey Wright in the team. 

Did you know that the guys (Sports Interactive) that built Champ Manager originally (until 2005) are the guys that make Football Manager?  They acquired the Football Manager name from Kevin Toms - who built the original game on C64 / Spectrum.  Championship Manager retained the game under contract with EIDOS I think, and was far inferior to the FM game made by Sports Interactive.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did you know that the guys (Sports Interactive) that built Champ Manager originally (until 2005) are the guys that make Football Manager?  They acquired the Football Manager name from Kevin Toms - who built the original game on C64 / Spectrum.  Championship Manager retained the game under contract with EIDOS I think, and was far inferior to the FM game made by Sports Interactive.

Champ Manager 99/00 and up to 2002 was a classic game. Personally I don't remotely have two mins to spare playing computer games. Football in general was much more fun in those days. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

And just how many times have you seen his name in the line up ? 

Hegeler is a good player but we haven't played him in his best position yet ( wherever that is ) for any run of games.

I see him as a Pack type midfielder but he has mostly been used as Centre back alongside different team mates or thrown in the mix like last week , where he did the job more than adequately.

Birmingham away and Leeds at home this season was bad enough! Plus the poor displays in cm last season, 

1 minute ago, Johnr1986 said:

Birmingham away and Leeds at home this season was bad enough! Plus the poor displays in cm last season, 

Hegeler made the worst tackle I have ever seen in a football match v Leeds. He clearly had been training with Bristol Rugby when he pulled the Leeds forward to the floor with both arms. Should have been a red card. I was excited when we signed him but I see him best deployed as a holding mid in a 3. LJ clearly has concerns over him. He will be sold in the summer IMO. 

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Hegeler made the worst tackle I have ever seen in a football match v Leeds. He clearly had been training with Bristol Rugby when he pulled the Leeds forward to the floor with both arms. Should have been a red card. I was excited when we signed him but I see him best deployed as a holding mid in a 3. LJ clearly has concerns over him. He will be sold in the summer IMO. 

Agreed, just not cut out for English football bang average at best ! 

10 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Suspect that both Wright and Maggs will miss out    Just back from the international duty ,   Save them both for Brentford

Flint isn't back until the Brentford game.  Joe had a 2 game ban, so will be back for Barnsley, but Flint had a 3 match ban.

2 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

We’ve only lost 2 of the 12 games that he’s had any sort of involvement in this season..! 

53 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Champ Manager 99/00 and up to 2002 was a classic game. Personally I don't remotely have two mins to spare playing computer games. Football in general was much more fun in those days. 

Nor me anymore.  Those few years were great though.  Could quickly play lots of games in a session.

38 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Far from a newbie, just fail to see what Hegeler does well, and adds anything to the starting 11

You're not an experienced poster for sure with 110 posts.

Hegeler brings his variable experience of playing in Germany. He's also versatile, can play in defence and midfield,  is very comfortable in possession. 

Granted, he's no world beater but he is a very useful squad player.

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You're not an experienced poster for sure with 110 posts.

Hegeler brings his variable experience of playing in Germany. He's also versatile, can play in defence and midfield,  is very comfortable in possession. 

Granted, he's no world beater but he is a very useful squad player.

At what point does a users post count make their opinion relevant, Robbo?  Just so we all know.

As it happens, I also do like Hegeler but to shoot down someone's opinion because of the number of times they've posted on here is ridiculous, even by your standards

15 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Leave Kelly at LB with Joe B wide left midfield. 

Bit of a flashback for the fans but remember when we had Kelly Youga on loan from Charlton at (I think) LB. Man alive he was poor. Nice to be ina position these days where we complain that some of our squad players are only bang average. 

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Let's nail this one straight away shall we ? He got himself injured and knowing that the attacker was going to leave him for dead took a yellow card to prevent a goalscoring opportunity and should be congratulated on his dedication to the cause and his professionalism.

Sometimes I really wonder what the hell some of you are doing at football matches . 

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Let's nail this one straight away shall we ? He got himself injured and knowing that the attacker was going to leave him for dead took a yellow card to prevent a goalscoring opportunity and should be congratulated on his dedication to the cause and his professionalism.

Sometimes I really wonder what the hell some of you are doing at football matches . 

Apparently certain software consider some of my posts sooo good they have to be published twice .

;)

Archived