IGNORED

Johnson and his big decision from Brentford onwards

tinman85

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Let's nail this one straight away shall we ? He got himself injured and knowing that the attacker was going to leave him for dead took a yellow card to prevent a goalscoring opportunity and should be congratulated on his dedication to the cause and his professionalism.

Sometimes I really wonder what the hell some of you are doing at football matches . 

:disapointed2se:

Exactly this.  Comical as it was, he took a yellow for the team having injured himself just before.  This post was better than the second one :P

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

At what point does a users post count make their opinion relevant, Robbo?  Just so we all know.

As it happens, I also do like Hegeler but to shoot down someone's opinion because of the number of times they've posted on here is ridiculous, even by your standards

Where did I say the post was irrelevant?

I just happen to think that it's a ridiculous thing to say about Hegeler.

16 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Nice problem to have I guess. Wish we had the same quality for competition in the engine room..the midfield. 

Brownhill, Smith and Pack should be competing for the 2 CM roles. 

We really need to bring in a right footed, right midfielder this Summer who can provide genuine width whilst being able to ping in a good cross. A right footed version of COD would be good!

Brownhill at RM is not the answer long term. 

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Another newbie who doesn't recognise a very decent player when he sees one.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

You're not an experienced poster for sure with 110 posts.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Where did I say the post was irrelevant?

You know full well where you were saying this.  You disagree with a post, so bring posting history into it as if that has any relevance to anything whatsoever.  "You're new here, you don't agree with me....I will not only disagree with you (as is rightfully the purpose of the forum - to exchange views), but also use your posting record to back up my own opinion".

As I said, I disagree with the comments myself...but that's just because I think Hegeler is much better than @Johnr1986 thinks he is....I don't mention his post count whilst disagreeing as it quite frankly has nothing to do with anything.  Whereas you used it as a stick to beat him with.  As you well know.  I know you enjoy playing the pantomime dame but really is there any point?  Just argue the point like a grown up, not resort to cheap shots

19 hours ago, tinman85 said:

No Flint? Seriously? The best centre half and goal scoring threat in that position in the league?

Your job isn't to score as a CB. That doesn't get you a spot.

Baker is our best defender as many have eluded to on here, he is a guarantee when fit. Baker is our captain and I think LJ likes him a lot. Could see him ahead of Flint. By the way, we've just got back to back clean sheets without him.

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Your job isn't to score as a CB. That doesn't get you a spot.

Baker is our best defender as many have eluded to on here, he is a guarantee when fit. Baker is our captain and I think LJ likes him a lot. Could see him ahead of Flint. By the way, we've just got back to back clean sheets without him.

And  without Baker .

:whistle2:

20 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Against poor opposition v Burton and Ipswich. Could have brought Sean Dyche and Mark Shail from retirement and they would have had a clean sheet. 

If Mark Shail was in a marching band he would be on the piano!

Flint and Baker is the best centre half partnership in this league without a shadow of a doubt.

As far as clean sheets I would reasonably expect us to keep a clean sheet against Burton & Ipswich anyway.

We could've put Julian "40" Watts and Stephen "so 5hit we signed him on loan twice" McManus in there and not conceded.

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

You know full well where you were saying this.  You disagree with a post, so bring posting history into it as if that has any relevance to anything whatsoever.  "You're new here, you don't agree with me....I will not only disagree with you (as is rightfully the purpose of the forum - to exchange views), but also use your posting record to back up my own opinion".

As I said, I disagree with the comments myself...but that's just because I think Hegeler is much better than @Johnr1986 thinks he is........I know you enjoy playing the pantomime dame but really is there any point?  Just argue the point like a grown up, not resort to cheap shots

If he'd posted something sensible then I'd have agreed and said something like " well said for a newbie" 

I don't suppose you'd have got in a strop over that..........

:disapointed2se:

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

You're not an experienced poster for sure with 110 posts.

Hegeler brings his variable experience of playing in Germany. He's also versatile, can play in defence and midfield,  is very comfortable in possession. 

Granted, he's no world beater but he is a very useful squad player.

Paul Hartley aside I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so comfortable on the ball, no matter the position he’s in he never panics, needs a good run in the side but not sure he’ll get it here sadly.

Funny how some people don’t notice how good Jens is.

Hegeler: signed to be our Rolls Royce holding midfielder/playmaker that runs the game from deep. It seems the Championship was too quick for him so he decided he would rather play at centre back where we already have an abundance of riches. Both coaches and player seem to have contrived to make Hegeler a marginal player in our squad when he was brought in to be the centre piece of how the team plays - given his experience and talent.

A real shame.

i remember when he signed many football pundits were very surprised we had nabbed a player of his ability.

15 hours ago, Swede said:

Flint and Baker is the best centre half partnership in this league without a shadow of a doubt.

As far as clean sheets I would reasonably expect us to keep a clean sheet against Burton & Ipswich anyway.

We could've put Julian "40" Watts and Stephen "so 5hit we signed him on loan twice" McManus in there and not conceded.

Or even worse...Damion Stewart and Izzy Iriekpen 

3 hours ago, desert said:

Hegeler: signed to be our Rolls Royce holding midfielder/playmaker that runs the game from deep. It seems the Championship was too quick for him so he decided he would rather play at centre back where we already have an abundance of riches. Both coaches and player seem to have contrived to make Hegeler a marginal player in our squad when he was brought in to be the centre piece of how the team plays - given his experience and talent.

A real shame.

i remember when he signed many football pundits were very surprised we had nabbed a player of his ability.

Exactly this. Hegeler is by intuition a sweeper, a role that has been common in Germany but never really used in this country. The closest thing recently that most football fans would recognise in this country has been Michael Carrick. It would usually suit having a 3-5-2 formation, where the player moves between being the defensive midfielder and centre back, but also brings the ball forward or distributes to others. Hegeler was meant to be our cut price Beckenbauer. As it is we really have 3 players who can play that role it's just that 2 of them (GO'N & Hegeler) have been out for most of the season, while Pack has been the man in possession, both figuratively & literally, as although we supposedly play a central midfield pair, both Brownhill & Paterson often drift into the centre rather than staying out wide, so making up the numbers in the middle of the pitch, plus Bobby frequently drops back into midfield.

Archived