IGNORED

Will Remaining home games sell out?

reddogkev

Surely, Sheff Utd will, but what about the rest?  Have we got the support / desire to sell out all remaining games?

Would be great to see the ground full to the rafters with City fans for the final few home games.  If the gate is not full, then this will surely demonstrate that prices are too bloody expensive!

If we can somehow rediscover our form, get a run going then yes. If we continue to splutter and lose ground , no.
It is really that simple. Even the last game won't sell out if there is nothing riding on it for us. 

56 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

If we can somehow rediscover our form, get a run going then yes. If we continue to splutter and lose ground , no.
It is really that simple. Even the last game won't sell out if there is nothing riding on it for us. 

True, no doubt demand will increase massively if we beat Barnsley. 

37 minutes ago, Neo said:

No they will continue at the TRUE bums on seats attendance level of around 18k

You reckon that low?  Can't see it.

But the true figure has to include all sold season tickets and half tickets, only because they've already been sold.

Does anyone know the combined figure of the two types of season ticket?

40 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not a chance....we haven’t ‘truly’ sold out a game all season have we? The real figures that we saw recently were significantly less than the ‘published at the time’ figures....so, no, we won’t sell out ....

Every seat doesn’t need to be occupied, for it to be a sell out. It just needs all available tickets to be sold. 

Unlikely that any apart from Sheffield will get close to selling out the Atyeo. 

So i’d guess the most we could hope for is 22k plus whatever the away following is. 

It’s hardly the clubs’ fault If people buy tickets but then don’t turn up..! 

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

You reckon that low?  Can't see it.

But the true figure has to include all sold season tickets and half tickets, only because they've already been sold.

Does anyone know the combined figure of the two types of season ticket?

I estimate somewhere just above 15,000.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not a chance....we haven’t ‘truly’ sold out a game all season have we? The real figures that we saw recently were significantly less than the ‘published at the time’ figures....so, no, we won’t sell out ....

Cup games against United and City obviously sold out.

I think if we beat Barnsley we'll be looking at 23k+ for Brentford as they won't bring more than 1,000. Hull again won't bring more than 1,000, if we're on track for top six could be 25k. Sheffield United will sell out if we need something, we shall see.

If away teams don't look like selling anywhere near the 3.7k allocation/capacity, I'd expect the club to segregate the AS for the games in April in order to maximise home support?

Sheff Utd will sell out and wouldn't be surprised to see Brum do too, given the position they are in

Stick the 1,000 or so Brentford/Hull fans in the corner and max out number of City fans in there!

COYRs

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yet a significant number seemingly didn’t turn up....according to this interesting recent post by @myol'man below...

So? Sunderland give their gate as 28k every week, there's never more than 20k there. The only club I've ever known not count STHs that don't attend is Reading, hardly gaining an advantage.

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

No game sold out ever then according to you. People will always buy tickets then not turn up due to illness, change of plans, etc.

I didn’t say ‘no game sold out ever’ - I simply said a significant number of people don’t turn up according to the actual attendances compared to the number of tickets sold...

3 minutes ago, Super said:

What's the obsession about attendances?

Bournemouth finished 10th in premier league with 10K crowds. Means nothing. But a club with our catchment area and 8 fans at Man City should take at least a decent following to Barnsley when we are in a play off push. 

9 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Bournemouth finished 10th in premier league with 10K crowds. Means nothing. But a club with our catchment area and 8 fans at Man City should take at least a decent following to Barnsley when we are in a play off push. 

True if we took 8 fans to man city you'd expect at least 5 to come to Barnsley... 

1 hour ago, BCFC J said:

So? Sunderland give their gate as 28k every week, there's never more than 20k there....

That’s not true...Sunderland gave their home gates against Fulham and Cardiff as 25k, against Forest, Bolton, Villa and QPR as 26k and they also announced gates under 28k for home games vs Reading, Bristol City, Millwall, Hull, Ipswich and Brentford....they’ve also announced home gates of over 29k and over 31k this season....

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I didn’t say ‘no game sold out ever’ - I simply said a significant number of people don’t turn up according to the actual attendances compared to the number of tickets sold...

You said and I quote 'We haven't truly sold out a game all season'. That is quite clearly incorrect, otherwise referring to my previous post, no club has ever sold out a game.

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

You said and I quote 'We haven't truly sold out a game all season'. That is quite clearly incorrect, otherwise referring to my previous post, no club has ever sold out a game.

Apologies, what I meant was - we haven’t seen a match this season where everyone who has bought a ticket has turned up, so the stadium has never actually been full, including the games vs Man U and Man C .... and I thought I was the pedantic one! 

Archived