IGNORED

Will Remaining home games sell out?

reddogkev

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies, what I meant was - we haven’t seen a match this season where everyone who has bought a ticket has turned up, so the stadium has never actually been full, including the games vs Man U and Man C .... and I thought I was the pedantic one! 

Every club, every game in the world , there will be ticket holders who are unable to attend. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s not true...Sunderland gave their home gates against Fulham and Cardiff as 25k, against Forest, Bolton, Villa and QPR as 26k and they also announced gates under 28k for home games vs Reading, Bristol City, Millwall, Hull, Ipswich and Brentford....they’ve also announced home gates of over 29k and over 31k this season....

I was being rough as that's their average. Did you not go to the SoL this season? If you won't take it from me, then read their hashtag on Twitter. It's definitely not nearly 3/4 full every week this season.

18 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Pretty sure it’s more than that, didn’t we sell 16.5k season tickets?

Yes hence the bums on seats comment.

I know they include all tickets sold but there was 18k max in the stadium (maybe 19k if we include stewards and the other general f-wits walking around the concourse all game)

10 hours ago, BCFC J said:

I was being rough as that's their average. Did you not go to the SoL this season? If you won't take it from me, then read their hashtag on Twitter. It's definitely not nearly 3/4 full every week this season.

A respected Sunderland journalist said that their last home game attendance v Preston was 28,000 but he reckoned there was about 14,000 in the ground.

18 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just logged on to buy Brentford tickets and there is hardly any availability other than singles or bottom rows.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO are all blocks on sale or are there upper tier blocks yet to be released?

That's a question I'll have to ask Supoorter Services who manage the ticketing. Will check on Monday. 

Matt

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

That's a question I'll have to ask Supoorter Services who manage the ticketing. Will check on Monday. 

Matt

Thanks for this Matt - just one bit of feedback; assuming there are blocks yet to be opened (which seems likely, as there is a small amount of availability in the central Lansdown blocks but nothing in wings), I think the club needs to be a) quicker to release them and b) make a distinction on the website between blocks not released and blocks sold out.

This issue has come up before. I’m aware of it because I follow the goings on at the club closely, via this forum mainly. The more casual supporter won’t be.

Today, logging on it appears the Brentford game is near-enough sold out. Only fairly poor seats remain which might put some off, who won’t assume there are further tickets to be released. The club is potentially missing out on sales.

If the Brentford game really is nearly sold out - fantastic, and ignore everything I just said!

(I’ve just bought the best seats I could get for fear of missing out altogether).

21 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Looks like Brentford attendance will be similar to Ipswich, based on number of tickets still available - only the South Stand sold out at present.......

Eh? There are only a handful left in all three home stands and there’s still 8 days to go until the game. It looks to me like it’s going to be an excellent crowd well in excess of the Ipswich attendance.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Eh? There are only a handful left in all three home stands and there’s still 8 days to go until the game. It looks to me like it’s going to be an excellent crowd well in excess of the Ipswich attendance.

Blocks W1-4 are yet to be released, at the minute it could surpass ipswich but there are still a good few thousand left in the home stands

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Blocks W1-4 are yet to be released, at the minute it could surpass ipswich but there are still a good few thousand left in the home stands

Do we actually know that? That’s my query above to Matt - on the website it says “sold out” against those blocks, which might be misleading.

It’s annoying if they are still available because I’ve bought worse seats elsewhere in the ground as that was all I could get. Think the club need to be quicker to release new blocks once availability becomes limited, and clarify the difference between sold out and unreleased. Some people will assume it’s all sold out and not bother looking again.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Do we actually know that? That’s my query above to Matt - on the website it says “sold out” against those blocks, which might be misleading.

It’s annoying if they are still available because I’ve bought worse seats elsewhere in the ground as that was all I could get. Think the club need to be quicker to release new blocks once availability becomes limited, and clarify the difference between sold out and unreleased. Some people will assume it’s all sold out and not bother looking again.

The club does need to clarify it instead of saying 'sold out' but that is correct. 

They open up the Lansdown upper from W6 (the block closest to the family stand) across, opening up a new block whenever the block to the right of it becomes limited in availability. I'm waiting for w4 to be opened, which will presumably happen. Tomorrow and then w3 should follow, I doubt it will get to W2 or W1 though

59 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

The club does need to clarify it instead of saying 'sold out' but that is correct. 

They open up the Lansdown upper from W6 (the block closest to the family stand) across, opening up a new block whenever the block to the right of it becomes limited in availability. I'm waiting for w4 to be opened, which will presumably happen. Tomorrow and then w3 should follow, I doubt it will get to W2 or W1 though

Fair enough. Don't understand why they should wait until tomorrow though to open W4. You wouldn't have thought it was beyond the wit of man for the software to automatically release another block once one drops below a certain number of seats available. Especially over a weekend when people are more likely to be logging on to look. Unnecessarily limiting availability is a really poor way to sell something!

29 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fair enough. Don't understand why they should wait until tomorrow though to open W4. You wouldn't have thought it was beyond the wit of man for the software to automatically release another block once one drops below a certain number of seats available. Especially over a weekend when people are more likely to be logging on to look. Unnecessarily limiting availability is a really poor way to sell something!

This is BCFC. We make a meal out of anything simple. 

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks for this Matt - just one bit of feedback; assuming there are blocks yet to be opened (which seems likely, as there is a small amount of availability in the central Lansdown blocks but nothing in wings), I think the club needs to be a) quicker to release them and b) make a distinction on the website between blocks not released and blocks sold out.

This issue has come up before. I’m aware of it because I follow the goings on at the club closely, via this forum mainly. The more casual supporter won’t be.

Today, logging on it appears the Brentford game is near-enough sold out. Only fairly poor seats remain which might put some off, who won’t assume there are further tickets to be released. The club is potentially missing out on sales.

If the Brentford game really is nearly sold out - fantastic, and ignore everything I just said!

(I’ve just bought the best seats I could get for fear of missing out altogether).

Been raised several times before. I thought @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO had said it would be change (and was for one fixture..?)

why not say “not yet on sale” rather than “sold out” ..?

Does nobody at the Club listen to the fans?

This has been suggested many times on this Forum. Not only is it misleading to say "Sold Out" when tickets  have not yet gone on sale but would put off many people who want to buy a group of tickets sitting together. As CR has said they may not be regular fans and therefore assume no groups of tickets will be available

As an ex sales Director, I  find it baffling how  Bristol Sport can allow this practice to continue.. Hargreaves Lansdown would be maximising sales potential. BCFC do the opposite..

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Been raised several times before. I thought @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO had said it would be change (and was for one fixture..?)

why not say “not yet on sale” rather than “sold out” ..?

6 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Does nobody at the Club listen to the fans?

This has been suggested many times on this Forum. Not only is it misleading to say "Sold Out" when tickets  have not yet gone on sale but would put off many people who want to buy a group of tickets sitting together. As CR has said they may not be regular fans and therefore assume no groups of tickets will be available

As an ex sales Director, I  find it baffling how  Bristol Sport can allow this practice to continue.. Hargreaves Lansdown would be maximising sales potential. BCFC do the opposite..

It would seem like a relatively small issue to fix that could potentially make quite a big difference. And as I said above, they should get those blocks released more quickly and automatically too!

Morning @ChippenhamRed @Bar BS3

I have spoken to Supporter Services this morning more seats have been released in W6 and its likely W4 will be released later in the week. 

I have also spoken to them about the "Sold Out" vs "Currently Unavailable" messaging. I have been told that at present the system only allows for one message to be displayed regardless of whether the block is sold out or currently unavailable and the preference is to have "sold out". I do hear what you are saying though about the confusion for fans who may not be aware of this, so Its a question to push back onto the software developer to see if they can write the necessary code to enable both messages to appear on the website to add clarity for fans specific for blocks. 

Matt

7 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

I have spoken to Supporter Services this morning more seats have been released in W6 and its likely W4 will be released later in the week. 

I have also spoken to them about the "Sold Out" vs "Currently Unavailable" messaging. I have been told that at present the system only allows for one message to be displayed regardless of whether the block is sold out or currently unavailable and the preference is to have "sold out". I do hear what you are saying though about the confusion for fans who may not be aware of this, so Its a question to push back onto the software developer to see if they can write the necessary code to enable both messages to appear on the website to add clarity for fans specific for blocks. 

Matt

This may or may not have been answered before, I don't usually take a lot of notice of ticket threads as I'm a SC holder.

What is the rationale behind not having the highest priced tickets for sale at all times? I assume it's to do with filling the lower bowl as much as possible?

Perhaps if more fans could buy top priced tickets at will, the SC pricing fiasco we have recently witnessed could be avoided. Just a thought.

14 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Matt

Thanks for following up and explaining. 

I have to say that it seems utterly ridiculous not to be putting all remaining seats on sale, when there are only 2 blocks left. 

Do they not not realise that anyone leaving it this late to buy are probably not actually that fussed and may log on to see if they can go. They won’t be too bothered if availability they want isn’t there and if it says “sold out” they assume it’s “sold out” and not due to be realised soon soon and probably not bother logging back on again. 

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

This may or may not have been answered before, I don't usually take a lot of notice of ticket threads as I'm a SC holder.

What is the rationale behind not having the highest priced tickets for sale at all times? I assume it's to do with filling the lower bowl as much as possible?

Perhaps if more fans could buy top priced tickets at will, the SC pricing fiasco we have recently witnessed could be avoided. Just a thought.

Agree 100 % with this comment. 

We built a great new stadium but don't offer the best seats in the house for sale!  Instead we force supporters to buy seats in the Upper Lansdown adjacent to the family area , with an inferior view than the prime seats.Only when these are sold do we allow fans to buy the best seats. Unbelievable.

As the Upper Lansdown is open every match for Family ST holders , why not offer say the front 20 rows in W4/5/6  in the Upper Lansdown every match . There will be a demand for these prime seats (at a higher price) . Even better, why not offer these as Season Ticket options at a premium price. Surely increasing revenue on match days is the prime objective of Bristol Sport as shown by the recent high ST increases in many areas of the ground.

Just looked at the Sheffield Utd match tickets. Classic example of where the Club is missing an opportunity.

Upper Lansdown W7 ,next to family area only 9 tickets left  (up in the Gods no doubt ) W4/5/6 prime seats = SOLD OUT. No they are not !

These are the best seats in the Ground and should be released now , instead of waiting for the worst seats in the UL to be sold first..

Can't understand this marketing strategy , imagine this happening at a concert venue. The best seats sell first !

3 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Just looked at the Sheffield Utd match tickets. Classic example of where the Club is missing an opportunity.

Upper Lansdown W7 ,next to family area only 9 tickets left  (up in the Gods no doubt ) W4/5/6 prime seats = SOLD OUT. No they are not !

These are the best seats in the Ground and should be released now , instead of waiting for the worst seats in the UL to be sold first..

Can't understand this marketing strategy , imagine this happening at a concert venue. The best seats sell first !

More so, I haven’t checked, but I’d be surprised if those remaining 9 seats offered 4 sat together, which leads on to 2 suggestions for @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Firstly, the next blocks need to be put on sale earlier. Maybe as soon as the previous block sells more than 75%..?

Secondly, and whilst it would need programming, it’s often done at places like the Hippodrome... make people buy the next available seat in a row, rather than leaving single seats dotted around all over the place. How many people are going to go to football on their own..? I’m sure plenty do, but why leave that dilemma available, when other seats sold could simply have been done by next seat available in that row..? 

Archived