IGNORED

what will our accounts look like this year?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-last-financial-report-1371461

Timely.

Think it shows that we can’t just retain the existing squad and buy better in the summer.  A bit of balance is required.  If that’s achieved by selling on multiple fringe players or selling one biggy, then I think we need to understand our expectations.

I’d prefer to keep Reid and Baker, but could see one of Flint, Bryan or Diedhiou (despite one season, especially if he ends the season in scoring form) being used to give us some flexibility in the summer transfer window.

On 23/03/2018 at 18:24, Davefevs said:

Here you go:

They haven’t filed 16/17 season yet....only got to 31/03 to do so....wonder if they’re trying to bring them in line with FFP.  £23m to Summer 16, £7m to Summer 15, suggests they only had £9m to play with last year.

8AE5FE5E-CA7D-4D79-A157-0810199151F6.thumb.jpeg.71e943809242fd529c205a4ba6514e1b.jpeg

You can find all of this info on "companies house beta".

This Articlesuggests they lost £40m last season.  That’s just flouting the rules....overspend on FFP, but get promoted, then your 3 years only come into play when you get relegated.  Shows that they gambled in 15/16 season (£23m loss) and failed.  They should be fined heavily if they get relegated, but it will be insignificant with parachute payments!

Thanks, that's interesting. Worse than I thought possibly by them!

Read in a few places that they lost 39m or around that when they went up...that year alone!? A huge fine for them incoming!?

On FFP, I think Villa particularly and Derby to an extent could be in some bother if they don't go up this year. (Wolves surely up, so we would need to look at them differently).

Archived