IGNORED

Season Ticket Sales

wendyredredrobin

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Does anyone know how these are going?  Are we likely to surpass last years numbers.  I know it's early days and the deadline is a week or so away, but I hope trade is brisk and we continue to march forwards.

Guessing not very well.......

25 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'll honestly be surprised if it gets above last years numbers. If it does it'll only be a marginal increase.

Most season see around 5% drop due to natural loss. 

Thats likely to be a bit more this time, with the obvious complaints about changes. 

Interesting to see Rovers’ new prices, which make ours look pretty decent value. 

If we sold 15,000 this season, I expect they’ll be hoping that at least 10,000 have renewed by next weeks deadline. 

I don’t know how our sales are going but I was talking to someone recently about the Gas ST’s. Apparently they have a deal where you can buy 10 tickets for £140 which you can then use for any league game across the season. You can book up to an hour before the game. I thought this was pretty decent as many people can’t make all the games due to work etc, evening games, holiday games, and in our case we have had a fair few moved due to tv coverage.

Yes people could cherry pick the best games, and maybe once you have used up the 10 picks you have to pay dearer potd prices. Maybe also you won’t get the exact same seat each time. I thought it was a good scheme the Gas have, certainly would help the fan who cannot commit to a ST better that we do.

Too late this year I guess, but unless we are in the Prem maybe something for next @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don’t know how our sales are going but I was talking to someone recently about the Gas ST’s. Apparently they have a deal where you can buy 10 tickets for £140 which you can then use for any league game across the season. You can book up to an hour before the game. I thought this was pretty decent as many people can’t make all the games due to work etc, evening games, holiday games, and in our case we have had a fair few moved due to tv coverage.

Yes people could cherry pick the best games, and maybe once you have used up the 10 picks you have to pay dearer potd prices. Maybe also you won’t get the exact same standing place in the tent. I thought it was a good scheme the Gas have, certainly would help the fan who cannot commit to a ST better that we do.

Too late this year I guess, but unless we are in the Prem maybe something for next @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Corrected that for you.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'll honestly be surprised if it gets above last years numbers. If it does it'll only be a marginal increase.

With the half season sales to see Man U / C, we have, I believe, just over 15,000.

With the inept marketing of seat changes and price rises, plus the fact that the team only plays half a season, I think we'll do well to sell 12,000.

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes people could cherry pick the best games, and maybe once you have used up the 10 picks you have to pay dearer potd prices. Maybe also you won’t get the exact same seat each time. I thought it was a good scheme the Gas have, certainly would help the fan who cannot commit to a ST better that we do.

If the 'ten game option were open to us I would definitely be on board-and not always to cherry pick,its just that work & 'life commitment's can and do 'get in the way of football...

Would be a big winner I reckon.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

£14 a game to watch ten different towns play, stood in a tent with no bar is good value.

So what would be a reasonable price for Championship, pushing for premier league football, in a £50,000,000 stadium?  At least 50% more? £210 - same as having a membership, which is £21 a game.

50 minutes ago, Dolman B said:

£14 a game to watch ten different towns play, stood in a tent with no bar is good value.

So what would be a reasonable price for Championship, pushing for premier league football, in a £50,000,000 stadium?  At least 50% more? £210 - same as having a membership, which is £21 a game.

I wasn’t suggesting we would follow the exact same pricing, but more commenting on the scheme and how flexible it is. I think people might find the option of being to watch just under half the games a season useful, or looking it the other way knowing it’s less wasteful than missing ST games.

Yes I know we have membership but it’s a scheme with falls between the two. 

I think that's a great idea. For somewhere like the south stand it could be £220 for 10 games including a membership card in the price. It could be run through the ticket website where you are credited 10 tickets. All you would need to do is select the game to put on your card, pay the £1 admin fee (making the cost of the ticket the same as a members fee) and Robert is your mothers brother. I'd definitely look at that if it was on offer. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Most season see around 5% drop due to natural loss. 

Thats likely to be a bit more this time, with the obvious complaints about changes. 

Interesting to see Rovers’ new prices, which make ours look pretty decent value. 

If we sold 15,000 this season, I expect they’ll be hoping that at least 10,000 have renewed by next weeks deadline. 

I bet there wont be much more then 8k having renewed by next week

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Yep I mentioned this in the Bristol Roverzzzz never ending thread....they also do a five match deal for £70 - you can choose whether to go to a game up until 1.30pm on the day of the match (if it’s on a Saturday) - a pretty good system for people with varying work patterns and uncertain personal life arrangements...think they call it their flexi-ticket system...

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep I mentioned this in the Bristol Roverzzzz never ending thread....they also do a five match deal for £70 - you can choose whether to go to a game up until 1.30pm on the day of the match (if it’s on a Saturday) - a pretty good system for people with varying work patterns and uncertain personal life arrangements...think they call it their flexi-ticket system...

I’ve suggested we do a “flexible-ticket” like this before but it’s never happened. 

I’ve seen quite a few clubs do these, for differing amounts of games. 

I think they are a great idea. I suppose with our attendances being fairly good, they could be set at season ticket per match price, plus a percentage supliment (so season tickets get best price) but only do them at the highest seat price maybe. Then you can book any seat that’s available as and when you can go and you’ve already paid that set price, rather than buying one for the south stand which is often sold out and then not being able to go elsewhere  

so I suppose it would have to be what..? £25 per ticket x however many games you loaded to your card, with a minimum of say 5 game blocks to be purchased. 

Surely that’s easy enough to implement..? @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Given that no figures have been announced thus far, I suspect take-up isn't what they were hoping for. 

Why would they make any announcement now, before the deadline..? 

I wouldn’t expect to hear any update until week beginning 2nd April. 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I think Cardiff do a similar scheme. 

8 hours ago, Coombsy said:

We just over 7500 

Is that a guess, or actually correct..?

I would expect a lot of people (including myself) are waiting until next week, so I’d have thought 7,500 at present was pretty good. 

10 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Deeply upset, I cannot renew. Money is tight. Been a season ticket holder since 1995. Falling out of love with football and moving on.

Falling out of love with football whilst on a football forum, :laugh:. How would you feel if our August fixture list is Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Bristol Rovers in the League Cup? Would you fall in love with football again?

money I can understand, although there are payment schemes that can help.

Money is tight, but thinking of buying a season ticket for the next season on the pay quarterly scheme.  I think it has to be done, if only to reserve the seat for the moment (IF) the club reach the Prem.

Imagine trying to buy a season ticket the year City have been promoted to the Premier League.  There would be no guarantee of securing one in the mad rush and POTD tickets would be impossible to guarantee.  With the club building towards the Prem, it could be very risky not to buy a season ticket this time round

For anyone who has money issues, like myself to some degree due to modern price of living etc, perhaps think of sharing the season ticket cost.  I'm likely to do the same with my dad.

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is that a guess, or actually correct..?

I would expect a lot of people (including myself) are waiting until next week, so I’d have thought 7,500 at present was pretty good. 

Actually correct as from 11 am yesterday 

Not sure about the 10 game ticket. Would it encourage those who dont already go to games or would a lot of season card holders convert to 10 games resulting in a loss of revenue?

I rather liked the old days when you either bought a season ticket or paid on the day with 5 bob to a bloke on the turnstile where every game costed the same and kids and OAP's were half price.

26 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not sure about the 10 game ticket. Would it encourage those who dont already go to games or would a lot of season card holders convert to 10 games resulting in a loss of revenue?

I rather liked the old days when you either bought a season ticket or paid on the day with 5 bob to a bloke on the turnstile where every game costed the same and kids and OAP's were half price.

Yes, much better. I used to go every week but would never have dreamt of getting a ST.

The queues at the Juveniles for the EE was always huge, these days afaik juveniles are not permitted to POTD if unaccompanied by an adult.

Archived