IGNORED

AG stadium tours

Jacki

Does anyone know if City stil do stadium tours of AG? My 12 year old would love to go on one as a birthday present but I can’t find any up to date info on them. Guessing that the club don’t do them anymore but does anyone know for sure? 

Thanks in advance for any help

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

I'd also like to have a look around the nrw stadium to be honest. I recently went to watch a game up in the Heineken lounge and they don't do a tour as part of that package anymore. 

Any good??  I see they are doing packages from £50 a head for a table, if you can upgrade from your ST that could be a good deal.

3 hours ago, Jacki said:

Does anyone know if City stil do stadium tours of AG? My 12 year old would love to go on one as a birthday present but I can’t find any up to date info on them. Guessing that the club don’t do them anymore but does anyone know for sure? 

Thanks in advance for any help

Book a birthday party and you get a full tour 

24 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Book a birthday party and you get a full tour 

Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering though if there was a way of doing it without having to shell out a small fortune on parties or a mascot package. The lads I would take with us all have STs so I’d be paying for a lot of things twice that way. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Any good??  I see they are doing packages from £50 a head for a table, if you can upgrade from your ST that could be a good deal.

Yes very good. I went in there for the Fulham game recently and was very impressed. 

42 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering though if there was a way of doing it without having to shell out a small fortune on parties or a mascot package. The lads I would take with us all have STs so I’d be paying for a lot of things twice that way. 

We booked a birthday party and most had season tickets .

the tour was worth every penny full ground visit meet some players party room for twelve kids and two adults . Photos on pitch side , photo in program and good food before ,half time and after game .free programs and flags

we let some one else us are season tickets 

if you book a party some where like air hop add food the city birthday party best for money 

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:

We booked a birthday party and most had season tickets .

the tour was worth every penny full ground visit meet some players party room for twelve kids and two adults . Photos on pitch side , photo in program and good food before ,half time and after game .free programs and flags

we let some one else us are season tickets 

if you book a party some where like air hop add food the city birthday party best for money 

Sounds really good to be fair, more memorable than your average birthday party as well. 

Going back a few years, stadium tours were on offer for free on open days, but but in these corporate, money making days, the suits would probably want a significant amount of money to allow the common people to see into their private Kingdom. Our club is a thing of the past.

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

I cant for the life of me why the club don't do pre season open days anymore ,     No need for a entrance fee   But the club would get there sales on the day from the club shop  and in the long term get extra ST Match day tickets etc etc   This should help with PR  for everyone 

Had some great events under Ward and Wilson. Club was a lot more open to the fans back then. 

33 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Yes that's my point  Wasn't B S then was it !

Player of the year events in the Exhibition Hall were fantastic too. Really well run and a great opportunity to feel part of the club. Be great to see those reintroduced. Last one was in Millen era the season Coppell copped out. 

17 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Player of the year events in the Exhibition Hall were fantastic too. Really well run and a great opportunity to feel part of the club. Be great to see those reintroduced. Last one was in Millen era the season Coppell copped out. 

Well last years was held behind the south stand after the final game of the season. Plently stayed for it - felt good to give props to Tammy for his outstanding contribution. Would be quite happy to see this years delayed a bit and combined with our promotion party at the Lloyds amphitheatre. 

@Dave L used to conduct stadium tours pre-match at the old Ashton Gate (Williams & Wedlock stand days) for certain parties. I cant remember off the top of my head who the people on the tours were and how they got the tours - but I know Dave was a brilliant tour guide and they used to go down really well. Although he hosts the Lansdown restaurant these days.

Perhaps its something to take up with @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO  

Bigger stadium and more going on means it might not be practical to do tours on match days though - which is understandable (if thats the reason!) and I assume there wont be much demand for tours on non-matchdays?!

11 hours ago, Tim S said:

@Dave L used to conduct stadium tours pre-match at the old Ashton Gate (Williams & Wedlock stand days) for certain parties. I cant remember off the top of my head who the people on the tours were and how they got the tours - but I know Dave was a brilliant tour guide and they used to go down really well. Although he hosts the Lansdown restaurant these days.

Perhaps its something to take up with @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO  

Bigger stadium and more going on means it might not be practical to do tours on match days though - which is understandable (if thats the reason!) and I assume there wont be much demand for tours on non-matchdays?!

Pretty much any other ground do not do tours on match days. Most areas are obviously out of bounds, eg dressing rooms, tunnel, managers office, media and perhaps the directors/owners box...take all that away and the tour is pretty meaningless. It’s a non match day thing if it is to have any content, which is what people want to see.

22 minutes ago, RedM said:

Pretty much any other ground do not do tours on match days. Most areas are obviously out of bounds, eg dressing rooms, tunnel, managers office, media and perhaps the directors/owners box...take all that away and the tour is pretty meaningless. It’s a non match day thing if it is to have any content, which is what people want to see.

West Ham/the London Stadium launched matchday tours at the back-end of last season though they only take place early morning (up to around 10am for a 3pm kick-off)

https://stadiumtourbookings.london-stadium.com/booking/default.htm?tourType=11

12 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

West Ham/the London Stadium launched matchday tours at the back-end of last season though they only take place early morning (up to around 10am for a 3pm kick-off)

https://stadiumtourbookings.london-stadium.com/booking/default.htm?tourType=11

Does that included going out on to the pitch, or only things that you don’t get to do on normal matchdays..?! 

Archived