IGNORED

A glimpse of your future..?!

Bar BS3

Football free Saturday’s. Shite aren’t they..?! 

Sometimes by the Summer it can be ok to have a few weeks to yourself, before the boredom kicks in and anticipation of the new season starts to build. But, in the middle of the season, when the outcome of a long 9 months is still unknown, these 2 week gaps are dire and punctuated more so on a Saturday, when pre match rituals become redundant and the day feels extremely flat. 

For those thinking about not renewing season tickets, or claiming to be “falling out of love” this is a glimpse of your future, my friends..! 

Ok, so some may take in a non league fix today. Some may still have gotten their fix from the England game last night. Some may actually enjoy “the break” and go shopping with the Mrs or complete the DIY that’s been on hold. 

For me, I can’t imagine the torture of “my” City being in action a couple of miles away and not being there, not being part of the roller coaster ride and the general matchday experience. Mod course you can POTD, but that’s FAR more costly and there’s no guarantee of the seat you want. 

Roll on Friday and seeing how this season is going to play out. 

CTID  

Could it also be a glimpse of our future if we get promoted? How many games are actually played at 3pm on a Saturday in the Premier League? Between early and late kick offs, Sunday and even Monday games, no more than 50% at best. Bang go those pre & post match rituals!

The strangest part... looking on here for the matchday thread, and then remembering that there isn't one.

Saturday without City is rubbish.  I still feel the Championship shouldn't break for the International window.  Clubs have large squads and should use them to the full.

9 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Could it also be a glimpse of our future if we get promoted? How many games are actually played at 3pm on a Saturday in the Premier League? Between early and late kick offs, Sunday and even Monday games, no more than 50% at best. Bang go those pre & post match rituals!

Then they just change a bit. At least there’s still football. Proper football, as in City, playing. 

12 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

The strangest part... looking on here for the matchday thread, and then remembering that there isn't one.

Saturday without City is rubbish.  I still feel the Championship shouldn't break for the International window.  Clubs have large squads and should use them to the full.

Our back four would be:

Korey Smith, Eros Pisano, Nathan Baker, Joe Bryan

Bailey Wright with Australia, so with Flint suspended, Eros moved to CB.  No other RB.  If Baker isn’t fit, then Hegeler, Baldwin or Plavotic.  No back up either with Hörður and Kelly away.

Thank god they do not schedule pictures!

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I agree about there not being a City match. Saturdays have an empty feel without a game. Nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

The international break has come a good time for us tho with various players carrying niggles and if CoD is available come Friday  LJ with have an almost full squad to select from. Only Taylor is still out I think.

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

Bang on!!! If City fans are crying "Fan not Customer" now...wait til we get to the Premier League (if we do)

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

agree, if both teams have no or just a couple of players potentially out why cant they mutually agree to the game going ahead.

14 minutes ago, pillred said:

agree, if both teams have no or just a couple of players potentially out why cant they mutually agree to the game going ahead.

Indeed, although it may sound ridiculous in Rovers' case, both them and Peterbro' are slightly affected by international call ups for their game today.

With the huge squads carried by Championship clubs these days there's really no reason to suspend the competition.

They're fun if you travel but overall international breaks need binning. Just lines the pockets of the FIFA suit brigade, detracts from excitement about international fixtures, and reduces the amount of pride you must get from actually playing for your country.

Hard to think of much you could do on those spare Saturdays - shopping, hobbies, decorating, day trips, visiting in laws, playing sport etc - that you couldn't arrange for a Sunday instead.

Problem is if those City fixtures on your calendar became unimportant you'd have no excuse for getting out of other pastimes, you'll spending your whole w/e doing them, and have less choice in doing some of them when you actually want to.

Saturdays = football & BCFC, whether it be at AG, following City away, or just RB and the match thread, and everyone you know including your wife ( from the day you marry her) should be well aware of that imo. :chant6ez::city:

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Hard to think of much you could do on those spare Saturdays - shopping, hobbies, decorating, day trips, visiting in laws, playing sport etc - that you couldn't arrange for a Sunday instead.

Problem is if those City fixtures on your calendar became unimportant you'd have no excuse for getting out of other pastimes, you'll spending your whole w/e doing them, and have less choice in doing some of them when you actually want to.

Saturdays = football & BCFC, whether it be at AG, following City away, or just RB and the match thread, and everyone you know including your wife ( from the day you marry her) should be well aware of that imo. :chant6ez::city:

There's an assumption in the final paragraph that we are all married men but I'm sure this forum encompasses people of both genders, married and single.  My wife is a season ticket with me, and has been for many years and we are therefore both equally bored on soccer-free Saturdays. 

17 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

There's an assumption in the final paragraph that we are all married men but I'm sure this forum encompasses people of both genders, married and single. 

Not sure why you felt the need to post that, but if it was meant to be a slight 'telling off' for the way I worded my post then it's unnecessary and of absolutely no interest to me.

32 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

There's an assumption in the final paragraph that we are all married men but I'm sure this forum encompasses people of both genders, married and single.  My wife is a season ticket with me, and has been for many years and we are therefore both equally bored on soccer-free Saturdays. 

If only there was something that 2 bored, married people could do liven the day up..! 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You married a season ticket?

That's dedication.

Archived