IGNORED

Pullis To Run The Gauntlet

Dolman Block B

Steve Lansdown fully expects Tony Pullis to be jerred and booed when he returns to Ashton Gate this saturday!!!!!

Steve states, "Pullis was arguably the least popular manager Bristol City have had in modern times!

Being an ex Rovers player was never going to help his cause.

His negitive style of play, poor signings, and signs of a unhappy dressing room, did not help either.

Steve states in todays WDP, "Tony was not the most popular manager we ever had, infact thats a understatement!!!

He generated quite a hate complex from supporters, and I'm sure he will get some of that on saturday"

"Saying that, once you have vented your feelings and got it out of your system, ITS 100% BEHIND THE LADS"

Well boys and girls. Tune those tonsils up for 5minutes of pure anger, then 90 mins behind the lads..Arn

Did anyone here Latham's scathing attack on SL for saying that this morning? About 7.30ish on Original they were doing the previews and Latham came out with something like thus:

'Pulis never had a chance at City because of his background at Rovers. As soon a couple of bad results came around this was always going to be used against him'

'For what its worth I thought he was doing a good job'

'I am suprised that Steve Lansdown has come out in the press today with comments about him getting a deserved bad reception, he was on the board who apointed him at the time'

Jed quickly pipped up 'Thats the sort of thing that Chairman should be fired for'

'Well, yeah' RL joked back in jest.

Sounds like RL's a little bitter after leaving BCFC this summer, but the bloody cheek to say it was just because of the bad results when Pulis was in charge? How about the 0-0's at home, the dire type of football and worst of all the signings while TP was in charge.

Did anyone here Latham's scathing attack on SL for saying that this morning? About 7.30ish on Original they were doing the previews and Latham came out with something like thus:

'Pulis never had a chance at City because of his background at Rovers. As soon a couple of bad results came around this was always going to be used against him'

'I am suprised that Steve Lansdown has come out in the press today with comments about him getting a deserved bad reception, he was on the board who apointed him at the time'

Jed quickly pipped up 'Thats the sort of thing that Chairman should be fired for'

Sounds like RL's a little bitter after leaving BCFC this summer, but the bloody cheek to say it was just because of the bad results when Pulis was in charge? How about the 0-0's at home, the dire type of football and worst of all the signings while TP was in charge.

Is a bloody cheek from Latham.

Steve Lansdown,s comments are 100% spot on, simple as.

Richard Latham isn't worth devoting ten seconds of effort on to be honest. He was the bloke who thought Gary Johnson wouldn't cut the mustard at Bristol City FC and that going back to John Ward was the answer. Lansdown is spot on though. Once the pantomime booing and nastiness has been directed at Pulis it is important that we get behind the lads in a far more positive fashion than we did on Wednesday, which was pathetic given the size of the crowd, opposition support etc. etc. Stoke City, in my opinion, could be our most difficult game of the season. We know they don't play like Brazil but what they are good at is competing - they are big, fast, strong and ultra competitive. If we are'nt up for it on Saturday then we are in for a hard time and this is one game where the supporters can really play an important part - so give Pulis dogs abuse for five minutes when he comes out but let's remember that the most important thing is helping the lads for 90 minutes.

We've had a few ex Rovers managers and players here and none have ever been disliked as much as Pulis as far as I remember - Terry Cooper, Beadle and John Ward to name but three ended up being well liked.

REMEMBER LADS: Tony Pulis put this club back 5 years with all the crocked and injury prone players he signed up to our squad. Only now, under Gary Johnson, are we back in decent shape ready to challenge for a top flight spot.

Tony 'clueless' Pulis - what a turkey !!!!!

Apart from Arny and TomF, do the rest of you remember the now legendary bore draws and aerial football under Pulis? I'll be booing Pulis this Saturday. :clapping:

Colchester at home will always stick in my mind.

It was a midweeker sometime in October. City were dire (as per) but some how kept it to 0-0, that was a until a certain Lomana Tresor Lua Lua was brought and he promptly ripped us to shreds in manner that i haven't seen since.

Despite me having to take my ex (due to the incessant moaning!), i made her stay afterward, along with about 40 others. When Pullis came out of the tunnel to do a post match interview, he was hit with a barrage of verbal abuse. Needless to say they stopped the interview and went elsewhere, whilst my ex never once asked to go to football again, result!!!!!!!

We've had a few ex Rovers managers and players here and none have ever been disliked as much as Pulis as far as I remember - Terry Cooper, Beadle and John Ward to name but three ended up being well liked.

REMEMBER LADS: Tony Pulis put this club back 5 years with all the crocked and injury prone players he signed up to our squad. Only now, under Gary Johnson, are we back in decent shape ready to challenge for a top flight spot.

Apart from Arny and TomF, do the rest of you remember the now legendary bore draws and aerial football under Pulis? I'll be booing Pulis this Saturday. :clapping:

Gobbers, true story.

Kev Greene, alais 07:38 Parkway, been down the Gate as long as i can remember.

When turnip was in charge, he use to drive his 2 lads down, go home, then pick them back up later.

Just couldnt stand him or the football.

Thats how bad it was mate

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...city/791079.stm

I have a feeling the game at home with Colchester was 1-1 and we got stuffed away from home. The 1-1 draw was awful though! Seem to remember a pathetic game against Rotherham maybe finishing 1-0? Saying that I think Rotherham went on to get promoted that season!

The Pulis reign was absolutely woeful yet annoyingly enough the period when I had my first job and could first afford to be able to pay and watch City myself without having to beg my Dad to take me!! Somehow I survived it.........!! Was worse than watching paint dry at times! Unfortunately I am currently in Moscow.......but I'll be booing at Pulis at the radio!! The man is a complete and utter *insert expletive*!!!

http://www.soccerbot.com/fa/results/uk2div00.htm

The above link shows how terrible some of the results were...pre January are those with Pulis in charge untl the three wise-men took charge!! Look at the list of boring draws! To illustrate how terrible we were that season........we even finished below the Gas(they finished 7th..us 9th only after the recovery under Rosenior and co)!!! This was the season when Holloway took them from 1st to 7th in quick succession and they stupidly got rid of him leading to their hilarious downfall!!

Gobbers, true story.

Kev Greene, alais 07:38 Parkway, been down the Gate as long as i can remember.

When turnip was in charge, he use to drive his 2 lads down, go home, then pick them back up later.

Just couldnt stand him or the football.

Thats how bad it was mate

With regard to the game tomorrow, Stoke are a Tony Pulis side so we all know what to expect. 'Whoooooosh ball' football - the game will be an intense physical battle and we will be bombarded aerially all game. A great chance for McCombe and Co to improve their head tennis. :innocent06: If we don't join the tennis game and we play the ball on the floor we'll win with ease.

A brilliant game preview has already been written by Edson I think, click on the link below......

http://www.clubfanzine.com/bristol_city/showNews.php?id=4966

What Richard Latham knows about football could be written on the head of a pin by a 4 year old with a crayola. The man is completely and utterly clueless about the game. It's quite clear that he's bitter about his cushy little job being culled.

My hatred for Pulis has nothing to do with him being an ex-gypsy, it has to do with him nearly destroying our football club. If Latham thought he was doing a good job then he's just proving his idiocy to the world. I know he wants Gary Johnson to get fired so his mate Wardy can apply for the job again and get rejected but surely he should realise he's missed the boat.

Latham is an idiot!

Wanting to go back to John Ward in the first place........however perhaps he should refer to his own comments year back when Jordan came back to City...never go back, as you can't replicate the first success........

....either way, PULIS IS GETTING sh:t! loads from me

Oh yes boy do I remember it. His reign was the worst of my life and I was ready to chuck it all in. The long ball style of play and boring 0-0's were bloody awful to be honest. I was so relieved when he left and yes he did set us back 5 years. He even had the cheek to say that while he was at City he helped all he could with the Juniors. Very very wrong he couldn't even be bothered to turn up for the kids Christmas Party. Hate the man for what he did for us and I will be giving him some abuse from the kick off. Then the main reason we are there to get 3 points and send him back to Stoke broken hearted. Come on you Reds. :clapping:

I was so relieved when he left and yes he did set us back 5 years.

What staggers me is the fact that although it felt like 10 years of negativity, he actually achieved it all in the 6 months he was here! Thank God he went when he did.

What Richard Latham knows about football could be written on the head of a pin by a 4 year old with a crayola. The man is completely and utterly clueless about the game. It's quite clear that he's bitter about his cushy little job being culled.

My hatred for Pulis has nothing to do with him being an ex-gypsy, it has to do with him nearly destroying our football club. If Latham thought he was doing a good job then he's just proving his idiocy to the world. I know he wants Gary Johnson to get fired so his mate Wardy can apply for the job again and get rejected but surely he should realise he's missed the boat.

:clapping:

In his defence he did sign Keith Millen and look how good hes turned out to be!!

He didn't sign him as Management though did he, was he such a great player?! ;)

EDIT: Who should be more worried, Arny as I'm thinking like him, or him for thinking like me!

Steve Lansdown fully expects Tony Pullis to be jerred and booed when he returns to Ashton Gate this saturday!!!!!

Steve states, "Pullis was arguably the least popular manager Bristol City have had in modern times!

His negitive style of play, poor signings, and signs of a unhappy dressing room, did not help either.

Steve states in todays WDP, "Tony was not the most popular manager we ever had, infact thats a understatement!!!

He generated quite a hate complex from supporters, and I'm sure he will get some of that on saturday"

"Saying that, once you have vented your feelings and got it out of your system, ITS 100% BEHIND THE LADS"

Well boys and girls. Tune those tonsils up for 5minutes of pure anger, then 90 mins behind the lads..Arn

Why care about Pullis? Each single employer has made an mistake but still show goes on. Concentrate on the positives; Gary Johnson and his highflying Robins!

Colchester at home will always stick in my mind.

It was a midweeker sometime in October. City were dire (as per) but some how kept it to 0-0, that was a until a certain Lomana Tresor Lua Lua was brought and he promptly ripped us to shreds in manner that i haven't seen since.

Despite me having to take my ex (due to the incessant moaning!), i made her stay afterward, along with about 40 others. When Pullis came out of the tunnel to do a post match interview, he was hit with a barrage of verbal abuse. Needless to say they stopped the interview and went elsewhere, whilst my ex never once asked to go to football again, result!!!!!!!

Are you sure about this? As far as I am aware we never lost a league game at home whilst Pulis was in charge. October is too early for the FA Cup and too late for early League Cup.

edit - Just checked, we drew 1-1. We played 17 games at Ashton Gate under Pulis (including cups). We didn't lose any, and drew 7 of them 0-0

Why care about Pullis? Each single employer has made an mistake but still show goes on. Concentrate on the positives; Gary Johnson and his highflying Robins!

Tommy Wallen.

This is a quote from the man at the helm.

Who are you to question what he says?

Did you ever get yerselve over to Bristol to watch his one touch football?

Tommy Wallen.

Who are you to question what he states?

Don't know your name.

I know what kind of football Tony Pullis represents - kick and run.

The best thing we can do is to ignore the xxxxxxx and fully concentrate on giving Gary and the boys our support.

That would be a real credit to the club.

Tommy Wallen.

Who are you to question what he states?

So its ok for your mate, Bristol Boy, to question 'the man at the helm' but not Tommy Wallen?

So its ok for your mate, Bristol Boy, to question 'the man at the helm' but not Tommy Wallen?

Henry Henry Herny.

What is it with you?

Tommy can question who the fek he wants.

Read what i said to the lad.

And what makes you think BB is my mate?

don't jump before you can walk sunshine.

Youve got yerself in enough trouble over on subcider as it is

yep i remember him...secret agent pulis,he did a good job 4 us.. :innocent06:

Archived