IGNORED

Trundle Puts In Transfer Request

Tim S

I've just been informed that Lee Trundle has put in a transfer request.....

Has anyone else heard this???

If there is any truth in this, then no matter what there is no going back as far as Trunds is concerned now. Well done Gary Johnson, thanks for that..... :ranting:

I think we will get our answer on Tuesday night for this.

Its quite simple - if its true, then I expect Trundle wont feature at all on Tuesday - either in the starting 11 or on the bench. He will be out on loan somewhere by the weekend and sold as soon as the transfer window opens, probably to the club he goes on loan at.

If its not true, then he will play on Tuesday - probably starting.

I fear that it will be the first one though.

I too will wish him all the best if he goes - maybe he hasnt produced what we all hoped he would, but he has been the model professional at all times and can only be respected and applauded for the way he has conducted himself.

Not surprised at all if true.

Nothing against him what-so-ever, an absolute joy to watch when on song but a move that is clearly in everyones interests.

Starting him every week and playing to his best strengths would be the best thing in everyone's interests.

If there is any truth in this, then no matter what there is no going back as far as Trunds is concerned now. Well done Gary Johnson, thanks for that..... :ranting:

So you don't actually know that he's put in a transfer request then, you're just assuming that what you've heard is correct and you are then getting angry with Johnson based on this hypothetical situation. Utterly ridiculous and childish.

So, who informed you and why don't you believe them?

Careful, Cheese. You'll get told off for asking pertinent questions to a clearly made up post by the forum miserys!

I know, I'm used to it. Apparently asking questions of posters, asking them to clarify or justify opinions presented as facts makes me an annoying little c*** and a happy clappy. Sigh.... :noexpression:

I know, I'm used to it. Apparently asking questions of posters, asking them to clarify or justify opinions presented as facts makes me an annoying little c*** and a happy clappy. Sigh.... :noexpression:

Ok, lets get something straight..... What I have been told came from a friend within the club, not some random source.

I like the way that just because someone posts something that I heard then its immedietly bull sh!t. I wouldnt post something just for the sake of it, I posted it because I believe it to be true and was merely passing on what I have been told.

Don't forget that you live in Leicester which further disqualifies you from passing comment. Tut tut. I can't imagine what makes us trust the best manager we've had in 30 years, can you? Must be our 'happy clappy' outlook?!

Don't forget that you live in Leicester which further disqualifies you from passing comment. Tut tut. I can't imagine what makes us trust the best manager we've had in 30 years, can you? Must be our 'happy clappy' outlook?!

Living in Leicester does restrict my capacity to comment because I clearly can't get to as many games as many. However, I just ask the questions and people take exception. I do assume a couple of things though and they are:

1. GJ is an honourable man;

2. SL is an honourable man;

3. GJ is too professional to play his son just because he is his son;

4. SL would see through any attempt at nepotism and wouldn't allow it to continue

5. GJ has more football experience than any poster on this forum;

6. Some posters take this forum way too seriously!

No it isnt.

Its not in mine, for a start.

And if he has moved his family to Bristol and his ladyfriend is particularly fond of the local hairdressers it might not be in hers.

I didnt think it needed individual by individual analysis.

Living in Leicester does restrict my capacity to comment because I clearly can't get to as many games as many. However, I just ask the questions and people take exception. I do assume a couple of things though and they are:

1. GJ is an honourable man;

2. SL is an honourable man;

3. GJ is too professional to play his son just because he is his son;

4. SL would see through any attempt at nepotism and wouldn't allow it to continue

5. GJ has more football experience than any poster on this forum;

6. Some posters take this forum way to seriously!

Not surprisingly i agree with all of you're assumptions and most of your posts.

And if he has moved his family to Bristol and his ladyfriend is particularly fond of the local hairdressers it might not be in hers.

I didnt think it needed individual by individual analysis.

It does when you purport to speak for everybody.

More would like to Trundle to stay and play than go.

It does when you purport to speak for everybody.

More would like to Trundle to stay and play than go.

Unfortunately for the {you claim} majority it isnt a democracy and the most important single opinion of all is in the opposing camp, it must be assumed.

'Everyone' in the context of a player potentially leaving a football club includes a player and the football club - at least that was how I intended it and hoped it would be understood.

So you advocate building your team around a striker who scored 6 goals in 38 appearances last season?
Yes I do. Because even last season the service to our strikers was shocking. Trundle isn't a target man and the balls he was receiving were balls you would give to a target man. Now if we built our team around plays like Trundle and Noble then we would see Trundle at his best because he would be receiving the ball at his feet and not at his head.

Yes I do. Because even last season the service to our strikers was shocking. Trundle isn't a target man and the balls he was receiving were balls you would give to a target man. Now if we built our team around plays like Trundle and Noble then we would see Trundle at his best because he would be receiving the ball at his feet and not at his head.

Agreed. The person who has failed isn't Trundle, it's Gary Johnson.

He paid £1m for a player that he wanted and hasn't been able to get the best out of him, and hasn't played to his strengths on a regular basis, all season many were calling for him to be played alongside a targetman. That didn't happen until Cardiff when he finally got a start alongside Adeboloa.

Johnson has mis-managed the player, a player who we could now be losing......if all this does turn out to be true...then it is another BIG mistake, he kinda got away with it Carle, because we made a small profit, however we won't get our money back on trundle because of Gary Johnson's f@@k up's.

Since Promotion Johnson seems to be having problems getting the best out of many of his signings especially those who have cost alot of money. Carle, Sproule, Trundle, Maynard, almost £5m of players who he can't get the best out of..........hey perhaps it is all 4 players that are the problem, who perhaps we have a manager who isn't as God like as some like to believe and makes mistake like all managers.

But hey.......we aren't allowed to discuss this until the end of the season........... :disapointed2se:

You got one out of two right there.

Fair enough.

Personally I think it is ridiculous to attempt to build your team around a striker who has never cut it at Championship level, scoring 6 goals in 38 appearances last term and a midfielder who can only stay fit for half a season.

Game of opinions though I guess . . . .

Agreed. The person who has failed isn't Trundle, it's Gary Johnson.

He paid £1m for a player that he wanted and hasn't been able to get the best out of him, and hasn't played to his strengths on a regular basis, all season many were calling for him to be played alongside a targetman. That didn't happen until Cardiff when he finally got a start alongside Adeboloa.

Johnson has mis-managed the player, a player who we could now be losing......if all this does turn out to be true...then it is another BIG mistake, he kinda got away with it Carle, because we made a small profit, however we won't get our money back on trundle because of Gary Johnson's f@@k up's.

Since Promotion Johnson seems to be having problems getting the best out of many of his signings, Carle, Sproule, Trundle, Maynard, almost £5m of players who he can't get the best out of..........hey perhaps it is all 4 players that are the problem, who perhaps we have a manager who isn't as God like as some like to believe and makes mistake like all managers.

But hey.......we aren't allowed to discuss this until the end of the season........... :disapointed2se:

For someone who keeps banging on about how you're not allowed to discuss it until the end of the season, you don't half keep on.

Fair enough.

Personally I think it is ridiculous to attempt to build your team around a striker who has never cut it at Championship level, scoring 6 goals in 38 appearances last term and a midfielder who can only stay fit for half a season.

Game of opinions though I guess . . . .

The thing is......Gary spent £1m on him last season and should have been looking to build the team around him and play to his strengths THEN.........he didn't and we didn't get the best out of Trundle.

This season, he's spent £2.25m on Maynard and is making EXACTLY the same mistakes in not playing to his strengths.....Is Maynard going to be Gary's scapegoat next season?

The thing is......Gary spent £1m on him last season and should have been looking to build the team around him and play to his strengths THEN.........he didn't and we didn't get the best out of Trundle.

This season, he's spent £2.25m on Maynard and is making EXACTLY the same mistakes in not playing to his strengths.....Is Maynard going to be Gary's scapegoat next season?

Build a team around a 32 year old?? That would be madness.

How do you KNOW? fed up of reading your bollox tbh - constantly giving gj a bashing.

There could be alot going on that we don't know about - for example, LT and NC arent exactly the fittest of players are they?? the medical team do all sorts of tests and will have a good idea how a player is taking care of his fitness FOR EXAMPLE

You have no clue how these players train either - you also don't know if these players have personal issues or how they get on with GJ on a day to day basis

SO, HOW do you come to this conclusion? are you working at the club as a spy?

Some people foget where we have came from - if we never appointed GJ we could be playing League Two "football"

He may not be perfect and he will make mistakes, but he's made alot of right decisions, which has resulted in us being a ESTABLISHED top half championship team and not League Two in a small amount of time.

Archived