IGNORED

Stoke City

Dolman Block B

Not a lot of goss on the forum at the mo.

Looking ahead, the visit of Stoke City, and their man at the helm Tony Pullis!

He,s having some bigtime (well from me anyway), and its nothing less than he deserves!

The way he treated City, and spoke after, how he had left us for this and that, really made my blood boil.

So a boring saturday morning post, but would like to see what other forum members thought about the guy, and if they to are ready to welcome him to the Gate?...... :ranting:

• Admin
Not a lot of goss on the forum at the mo.

Looking ahead, the visit of Stoke City, and their man at the helm Tony Pullis!

He,s having some bigtime (well from me anyway), and its nothing less than he deserves!

The way he treated City, and spoke after, how he had left us for this and that, really made my blood boil.

So a boring saturday morning post, but would like to see what other forum members thought about the guy, and if they to are ready to welcome him to the Gate?...... :ranting:

I'd love to put my thoughts about TP on here, but I'd have to ban myself if I did....

Stoke City aka Binary City

1-0 0-1 1-1 etc.

Without a doubt the worst manager that has ever taken charge of a Bristol City team. I'm stunned that he still has a job. His version of the football was the worst I have seen.

Match prediction: 1-0 to us

I've supported the club for 35 years and even in the dark days of '82 I never felt as unhappy about my team as I did when that Welsh Gashead was in charge.

The football was even worse than it was under Osman, he signed a succession of injury plagued journeymen for vast sums both in fees and wages and listening to his press conferences was enough to make you seriously think about walking away.

He'll get absolutely loads from me from Dolman Block C.

I've supported the club for 35 years and even in the dark days of '82 I never felt as unhappy about my team as I did when that Welsh Gashead was in charge.

The football was even worse than it was under Osman, he signed a succession of injury plagued journeymen for vast sums both in fees and wages and listening to his press conferences was enough to make you seriously think about walking away.

He'll get absolutely loads from me from Dolman Block C.

Well thats "C" block and "B" block of the Dolman sorted!

Any others?

My Stoke friends are attending the game and even they don't like Pulis. A few weeks ago they played a home game against Plymouth and both sets of fans were booing Pulis!! Stoke went on to win 3-2. Never liked him as he never acknowledged the fans and can only thank Portsmouth for taking him off our hands. If he had stayed until the end of the 99/00 season I feared that we could have got relegated. Far too many draws and I remember one game when we only had about 7000 fans turn up. It was THAT DIRE!!!!!!!!!

Wow, was he really that bad? :noexpression:

I've always hated stoke city with a passion, don't know why but they are up there in my top 5 of hated teams.

& now they are coming to ashton with tony clueless in charge I cant wait to give him sooo much stick

I'll be in F block atyeo so please all join me

I can remember being stood at brentford in the away end and everyone was singing pulis for pompey for ages, couldn't believe our luck that another club wanted him.

T*sser, most boring nagative clueless manager ever to sit in that dugout - bar none

U reds

I've always hated stoke city with a passion, don't know why but they are up there in my top 5 of hated teams.

& now they are coming to ashton with tony clueless in charge I cant wait to give him sooo much stick

I'll be in F block atyeo so please all join me

I can remember being stood at brentford in the away end and everyone was singing pulis for pompey for ages, couldn't believe our luck that another club wanted him.

T*sser, most boring nagative clueless manager ever to sit in that dugout - bar none

U reds

I shall join in, aslong as other people do (which I hope they will) Lets give him the most intimidating welcome we can :)

I will too, and I don't even know who he is or what he did, I'm only 16 :o

Put it in this context. The City Forum has only been closed 2 times in ten years. Once with the hype surrounding those rape cases about 5 years ago and that was only for a week or so. The other time was when Pulis was subject of death threats on here. The forum was down for 2-3 months during his time in charge and only really got back to life once he left.

Yes *thats* how much he's loved.

Can anyone remember the graffiti on what is now the Red & White cafe? What was it? keep the ball on the grass or your out on your ass?

... and we needn't have had Clueless at all ...

BBC Link

Moyes wanted City job

Moyes played 109 games in City's defence from 1985-87

Everton boss David Moyes has revealed how close he was to becoming manager of Bristol City in 1999.

Moyes, who brings the Toffees to Ashton Gate for a Carling Cup tie on Wednesday, played more than 100 games for the Robins in the mid-1980s.

He was willing to leave Preston to take over at Ashton Gate in 1999, but the job eventually went to Tony Pulis.

"There are no regrets but I'd have liked the chance to work at City," Moyes told the Robins' website.

"My playing days there were among the happiest of my career.

"I'd retained such a feeling for the club that in my mind I was thinking towards taking the opportunity.

"My interest was conveyed to the City board and I was ready to meet them when I got back from holiday.

"It went as far as fixing up a hotel and a time when we could get together. I was even prepared to go there straight from the airport before driving home.

"I was close to boarding my flight in America when I received a message to say they had decided to appoint Tony as manager."

The decision to appoint Clueless cost us so dearly. Not only did he wreck our club but he stood in the way of a man who is now one of the top managers in the country from joining us. Who knows how different things could have been?

I can only think that Clueless interviews well. We should give him hell.

I remember at the time that we could have had Moyes or Peter Taylor, but went for Pulis instead. As someone said earlier in the thread, what he did nearly made me consider packing it in and refuse to go again, so dull was the football. He signed crap, injury prone journeymen on big wages and transfer fees (Steve Jones anyone?), and totally destroyed any remaining faith the fans had in the club following relegation.

When he left, you could just sense the sheer relief around the place. I remember his first game in charge at Pompey was against Wolves, where they lost 3-2, and the Wolves goalscorers included Akinbiyi, who he sold while at City, and Michael Branch, who was all set to sign for City but on meeting Pulis changed his mind. When that result was announced at our game that day (can't remember who against), it brought one of the loudest cheers I've ever heard at a City game.

Add Stoke City to that, and the AWS Final antics, and it should be a hostile atmosphere. I'm hoping to get to this one, and if I do, that Welsh #### be getting it with both barrels from me.

Interms of the quality of our football, it's a toss up between him and Osman for the most dire.

I can't remember who hired him, was it Laycock?

Sold Akinbiyi & Brennan and signed Steve Jones, Paul Mortimer, Paul Holland..........and the list goes on.

But here's a few sobering facts and an explanation of why clubs hire him.

• Never been relegated.
  • Took Gillingham from bottom of the 4th to the CCC in four seasons.
  • Plymouth were in the relegation mire and he took them to 14th.
  • Stoke were as high as fourth last season and finshed eighth and he used loan signings very well.
  • Success rate at Stoke 41.5%

And why he was out of work for two years:

• Took Pompey & Gillingham to court and won out of court settlements for unpaid bonus etc-Gillingham were sued for £400k, but paid TP £75K!
  • Success rate at City 30.3%
  • Fired at Pompey for 31%
  • Fired at Gills and was accused of gross misconduct.
  • Fired at Stoke (First Time) for not exploiting the foreign market

Stoke City aka Binary City

1-0 0-1 1-1 etc.

Without a doubt the worst manager that has ever taken charge of a Bristol City team. I'm stunned that he still has a job. His version of the football was the worst I have seen.

Match prediction: 1-0 to us

Must disagree a tad here, I don't like the guy and he was always the wrong choice for us.

But... he did a superb job at Gillingham, a very solid job stabilising Agyle, and in difficult circumstances amongst foreign owners and limited resources has done two decent jobs at Stoke. The blotch on his copybook is Pompey, even when with us I felt it was a very difficult job for whoever took the reigns.

He's definately got something about him as the press has rumoured that Norwich are going to make an approach for him.

Don't like the personality but I respect his track record.

I'm glad that I didn't watch City at the time of Pulis then!

Don't think I would have been able to take it from what everyone else is saying about him.

Well young Nick.

Him and his left hand man were both ex Gas ( that went down well)

He is Welsh ( that went down well)

You could almost hear him sniggering behind the clubs back as he left us int he sh@te in the league and with our bank a/c.

Didnt have one good word to say about our club once he left.

Bloke was a joke, and time for us to let him know how happy we were in the short time as our manager!!!

You,ll never hear boo,s like it young man, but i got a feeling he will be sneaked into the stand, and not allowed to walk out on to the pitch.

We will wait and see Nick.

Archived