IGNORED

Some Stoke Poetry Nonsense

MightyRed

Anyone hear the feature on 5 live this evening at about 5.45?

Apparantly some Stoke fan has been leaving anonymous poems on a local radio answerphone about how they are going to be playing Arsenal and Man U soon, and they are planning on playing one before our game to get the home fans welling up and full of emotion.

All together now.... "WHAT THE FCKING HELL IS THAT...", "CAN YOU HEAR THE STOKIES SING, NO, NO, CAN YOU HEAR THE STOKIES SING, THEY'RE RECITING POETRY..." etc.

MR

Anyone hear the feature on 5 live this evening at about 5.45?

Apparantly some Stoke fan has been leaving anonymous poems on a local radio answerphone about how they are going to be playing Arsenal and Man U soon, and they are planning on playing one before our game to get the home fans welling up and full of emotion.

All together now.... "WHAT THE FCKING HELL IS THAT...", "CAN YOU HEAR THE STOKIES SING, NO, NO, CAN YOU HEAR THE STOKIES SING, THEY'RE RECITING POETRY..." etc.

MR

How about a rendition of "DELIAH" (stokies national anthem)

I SAW THE STRIKE OF THE NIGHT, THAT WON IT FOR CITY, WOH WOH WOH, WOH WOH :fingerscrossed:

I SAW THE LADS WIN 3 POINTS, THAT SHUT "PULLIS" UP, WOH WOH WOH, WOH WOH :fingerscrossed:

WERE BRISTOL CITY, HA HA HA HA, :city:

2 MORE WINS FOR THE BOY,s, QUITE SIMPLY, WERE UP, :dancing2: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

WHY, WHY , WHY.

I,ll :sofa: me thinks

How about a rendition of "DELIAH" (stokies national anthem)

I SAW THE STRIKE OF THE NIGHT, THAT WON IT FOR CITY, WOH WOH WOH, WOH WOH :fingerscrossed:

I SAW THE LADS WIN 3 POINTS, THAT SHUT "PULLIS" UP, WOH WOH WOH, WOH WOH :fingerscrossed:

WERE BRISTOL CITY, HA HA HA HA, :city:

2 MORE WINS FOR THE BOY,s, QUITE SIMPLY, WERE UP, :dancing2: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

WHY, WHY , WHY.

I,ll :sofa: me thinks

Lovin your work Arny. You start and I'll join in

From my armchair

To be honest many 'old school' stokies want the crowd noise and atmosphere to build naturally in the last 15-30 minutes , with no music and certainly no annoucements by the usually OTT and embarrassing pitchside PA man.

Wont be the first time they've tried to stage manage the atmosphere and failed misarably ( Castle in the cup a rare exception) course they know best

Few years back the PA man was screaming at us to get behind our team and to sing 'D' , ..he then tried to lead it himself with the fans having none of it , promptly forgot the words...started a brief slanging match with the fans before being tapped on the shoulder by security and advised to leave the pitch as people were positioning themselves to have a pop at him.

4 best D's have been Liverpool away in the L cup , Gillingham home in the first leg of the play-offs, Stockport in the Frieght rover windscreen window thingy cup at wembley..emense, and by 600 stokies at Cardiff in the play-offs , when the togetherness that night had to be seen to be believed...it's a song that Stoke can use either as celebrational or as sheer defiance.

People are expecting a 5th on Saturday to join that list ...perhaps we'll once again truly unzip ( if we do it really is very special ) or perhaps fear and the tension will grip people and we'll sit there like rabbits caught in the headlights...either way Stoke don't need things to be stage managed.

Poetry ...about Stoke , only bit I've ever known regards the old Boothen terrace

Give me a shirt forever, on the steps where I used to dream,

In that corrugated shed of a fortress where the crowd became part of the team.'

Is this that Pottersmouth I keep hearing about?

Yea, that's him. I hope they do a rendition - can't think of anything that would kill any budding home atmosphere than that before a game.

Wonder how many Stoke fans will be there following Pulis begging them to come in the week? After all, they get to see one team playing football!

Archived