IGNORED

Miller And Wilkshire

94th Minute

Why is cant people see that it will take a while for the new boys to get used to division 2 football i know people will disagree with me but i think that they are settleing in well and there only a few matches away from reaching their best, in my opionion Wilkshire played well sat,and hes the only person who can cross the ball. Millers got the best first touch in the team he can head the ball and can finish if given a chance.So get off their backs for a while :clap:

I agree about Wilkshire not doing badly on Saturday, with the Notts county game taken out of the equation then i think it's the first game when Wilkshire has caught my attention. He looks a lot more comfortable (and confident)in the middle and with Tommy clearing up behind, it meant that Luke and Tinns could play there natural games.

I would lay off both for a while and see how they progress.

Its fair comment to give players time to settle, not all players will fit in quickly. I think in Wilkshires case its fair to say that surely having played at Prem level last season he should find it easier to settle in a lower division even though the style of football is going to be different. As for Miller i think we will see better out of him come xmas. He has had a lot more to deal with since moving down and i think he should be allowed more time.

OK here is a short list of players who certain City fans didn't rate when they first arrived. (this will give away my age)

Paul Cheesley! initial quote from my late father on his £30000 signing "you could have bought a lampost for £300 and it would do the same job"

Mark Gavin

Alan Walsh (til he went out wide)

Brian Tinnion

Scott Murray!!!!!! Be honest you remember there were doubters :clap:

I am sure if I sat down and thought about it I coud come up with more.

Two players that started in a blaze of glory?

Joe Royle 4 goals in his first game, very few there after.

Carl Shutt also 4 goals in his first game and then could only score if it wasn't a league game.

It's a bit like music, the instant tracks get on your nerves after a while and the class stuff are the real growers.

I know it's frustrating in the short term but we have to give them a chance to settle and grow in confidence.

:D:clap::clap:

This argument will carry on all season.

The simple fact is, the club spent £700,000 ish (still not sure of exact amounts) on two players they felt would get us out of this division.

They were sadly mistaken if they meant this year!

As was posted and mainly agreed on the OLD FORUM; we would be much better off taking both of these out of the starting XI and sticking with what more or less is last years team.

Scott was not brilliant in every game; in fact in some he was non-existent. Even in those games we still managed to muster about 15 attempts on goal at home and 2/3 nil scorelines.

It is not Wilkshire and Miller's fault that we bought them, however, they have to perform now or it is simply money wasted. :AquaCount:

I suppose you're right I remember my initial to Peacock was you don't get much for £600k these days, but that was in the days when the money was being spent like water.

In these post Bosman and digi collapse days when £1m transfers are a rarity, I guess you've got to really want someone to spend any money on them at all.

Don't beat the guys up cos of the price tag though, they don't ask for it the selling clubs do.

Archived