IGNORED

Ben Watson ?

DavidNoble

No Doubt about it he's a player that could improve the team, Got another 2 goals on Saturday, one pen, and the other was a very good goal, with an assist from a certain familiar face that some don't like talking about

Unfortunately We just couldn't afford him

Too Many lower end Prem Clubs will be after him, why would he leave to join us?

The only way to stand a chance would be in July and if Promotion is Gained

Ben Watson the Crystal Palace midfielder,is out of on contract in the Summer and many clubs are chasing him including the likes of Birmingham to bid in January.Is he the kind of player we need to add creativity and a few more goals?

:englandsmile4wf:

this has been discussed many times and i still think he is an extremley average player.

talking to a mate in work who is a burnely fan and he says they cant speak highly enough on chris mccann. apparently he has even earned the nickname 'zinedine mccann'. he is certainly worth keeping an eye on.

Ben Watson the Crystal Palace midfielder,is out of on contract in the Summer and many clubs are chasing him including the likes of Birmingham to bid in January.Is he the kind of player we need to add creativity and a few more goals?

The question of whether or not he`s good enough is irrelevant. We can`t compete with the clubs that will be after him. As i posted in a different thread, this is just the type of problem that GJ is facing and why IMO we should enjoy the rapid turn around that he`s brought to the club. From here on in he`s going to find it hard to keep on improving the team and keep the momentum going.

PDG

No Doubt about it he's a player that could improve the team, Got another 2 goals on Saturday, one pen, and the other was a very good goal, with an assist from a certain familiar face that some don't like talking about

Unfortunately We just couldn't afford him

Too Many lower end Prem Clubs will be after him, why would he leave to join us?

The only way to stand a chance would be in July and if Promotion is Gained

I agree we're at the back of the queue to sign the guy but I don't think that's right.

Noone's come in for him before from the Prem (or he'd have gone assumedly) so i don't think anyone would now. It'll be QPR or a team that has parachute payments.

Yes! Ben Watson + Marvin Elliot = A good championship midfield capable of scoring goals, creating goals and stopping opposition attacks

this has been discussed many times and i still think he is an extremley average player.

Eh?

Problem is no one with any real quality in this league will come to us, we're "too small a club where the people talk funny"

so I think we are going to have to look abroad. Or at our incredibly good academy :disapointed2se:

No one's come in for him before from the Prem (or he'd have gone assumedly) so i don't think anyone would now. It'll be QPR or a team that has parachute payments.

it's not suprising though that no one has made serious bids for him though when Palace are asking silly money like £5m for the player, to be honest I'd imagine he will get himself a prem club as he is currently playing well in a good solid midfield with Derry and Carle.

I wouldn't be too surpised to see a Fulham/Hull or maybe even Villa go in for him and pick him up for £1m-£1.5m in late Jan when Palace start getting nervous about losing him on a Bosman for peanuts.

However, Palace are now climbing the table quickly and he could be a prem player next season with Palace.

Either way........we don't stand a chance with getting a player such as Watson, but he is the sort of the player we need.

Would have personally liked us to have tried to get Neil Danns as part of the deal that saw Carle move to Palace (though he could well have been injured then)

it's not suprising though that no one has made serious bids for him though when Palace are asking silly money like £5m for the player, to be honest I'd imagine he will get himself a prem club as he is currently playing well in a good solid midfield with Derry and Carle.

I wouldn't be too surpised to see a Fulham/Hull or maybe even Villa go in for him and pick him up for £1m-£1.5m in late Jan when Palace start getting nervous about losing him on a Bosman for peanuts.

However, Palace are now climbing the table quickly and he could be a prem player next season with Palace.

Either way........we don't stand a chance with getting a player such as Watson, but he is the sort of the player we need.

Would have personally liked us to have tried to get Neil Danns as part of the deal that saw Carle move to Palace (though he could well have been injured then)

They accepted £2mill from Forest didn't they? Or that was the rumoured amount anyway.

I want Johnnie Jackson as the affordable/realistic alternative.

Archived