IGNORED

The New Ones...

DavidNoble

Just now on Big League Weekend they used our game as the main championship game and showed an interview with Gary after the game and he said something along the lines of 'all the new people who have recently joined the club and only know success need to stop getting so over the top with the form at the moment (don't know quite what he said) and work harder to help the club so that when we get back to that success we can enjoy it again'.

Now i cant quite remember it word for word but the presenter interpreted it as GJ talking about the players but what he said and the way he said it was surely directed at the fans, probably the ones who bought season tickets expecting to see united and chelsea.

Now i am not trying to say they are bad fans because we need them to progress as a club but its getting so bad Johnson is publicising it quite alot so we need to start getting behind the team, even if wer playing bad or giving the ball away a few 'we always believe's would help immensley from what he is saying. Lets show GJ how we still believe and help this club climb the table.

ALWAYS BELIEVEEEEEEEE!

Just now on Big League Weekend they used our game as the main championship game and showed an interview with Gary after the game and he said something along the lines of 'all the new people who have recently joined the club and only know success need to stop getting so over the top with the form at the moment (don't know quite what he said) and work harder to help the club so that when we get back to that success we can enjoy it again'.

Now i cant quite remember it word for word but the presenter interpreted it as GJ talking about the players but what he said and the way he said it was surely directed at the fans, probably the ones who bought season tickets expecting to see united and chelsea.

Now i am not trying to say they are bad fans because we need them to progress as a club but its getting so bad Johnson is publicising it quite alot so we need to start getting behind the team, even if wer playing bad or giving the ball away a few 'we always believe's would help immensley from what he is saying. Lets show GJ how we still believe and help this club climb the table.

ALWAYS BELIEVEEEEEEEE!

Johnson is very much having a pop at the fans, when perhaps he should be looking at the inability of the 11 players on the pitch

Wait until we get our new stadium then and we see a extra 5-8k of them each week.

Can't wait. This is want we want more fans to increase our fan base to increase revenue so we can compete more with the bigger clubs in this division and try to get to the Premier League.

Or are you happy to get 8000 so called true supporters when we play Chesterfield in leauge 1. By the way I have been there we played in front of crowds 6,7000 and we had fans who booed the playes even more so in the 80s.

I remmeber chants of what a load of rubbish and slow hand clapping quite a few times a season back then, so was these fans unloyal or johnny come lately when we were in the 4th and 3rd division back them.

Can't wait. This is want we want more fans to increase our fan base to increase revenue so we can compete more with the bigger clubs in this division and try to get to the Premier League.

Or are you happy to get 8000 so called true supporters when we play Chesterfield in leauge 1. By the way I have been there we played in front of crowds 6,7000 and we had fans who booed the playes even more so in the 80s.

I remmeber chants of what a load of rubbish and slow hand clapping quite a few times a season back then, so was these fans unloyal or johnny come lately when we were in the 4th and 3rd division back them.

I look forward to the new stadium and what it will be able to offer this club. If the new fans that come along then are what the new fans are like now following our promotion and last season then the club has a fight on it's hands to create a positive atmosphere around the place.

I think booing players etc is just the thing to do at the moment, People think it's funny like some sort of pantomime and forget that it's a real person with real feelings and he has a family also which means it must also affect them.

It's great people want to show there feelings but please do it in another way and remember footballers are just like me and you.

I look forward to the new stadium and what it will be able to offer this club. If the new fans that come along then are what the new fans are like now following our promotion and last season then the club has a fight on it's hands to create a positive atmosphere around the place.

I think booing players etc is just the thing to do at the moment, People think it's funny like some sort of pantomime and forget that it's a real person with real feelings and he has a family also which means it must also affect them.

It's great people want to show there feelings but please do it in another way and remember footballers are just like me and you.

Cod father, I have never heard so much dross. You talk as if the fans are threatening to kill a member of their family. If a well paid footballer and manager cant take criticism then they shouldn't be in this profession.

If I was paid a lot of money and was crap at it, I would expect my customers to criticise me.

Johnson is very much having a pop at the fans, when perhaps he should be looking at the inability of the 11 players on the pitch

Yep and who picks those 11? not us; GJ, the fans are the club; manage the squad and take the rough with the smooth.

Many of us were here long, long before you and the team were and will be FOREVER. :city:

Guest Bcfc Mike

It saddens me to say GJ is talking absolute rubbish in his interview.....The ones that sit behind him that he can hear been coming down the gate for 20 - 30 years.....And that roar we heard on saturday when his son was subbed was not just the new fans that was 75% of AG......

I havn't hear any real booing for a couple of season now , so no I don't think its a problem amd its not "thing" to do. Has for upsetting the players, these are professional players they got to be tough to get where there are now, as long as it don't get really personal or nasty they should be and there are big enough and man enough to take a bit of stick, its the down side of being a player, after all alot of the time they are cheered by the crowd and they get their name sung and are treated like stars around the town.

Cod father, I have never heard so much dross. You talk as if the fans are threatening to kill a member of their family. If a well paid footballer and manager cant take criticism then they shouldn't be in this profession.

If I was paid a lot of money and was crap at it, I would expect my customers to criticise me.

Thing is though he isn't crap, If you want crap think Of Carl Hutchings etc yet players like him didn't get as much abuse as LJ gets. Have you not been down AG recently because that's what it is getting like.

Guest Bcfc Mike
Thing is though he isn't crap, If you want crap think Of Carl Hutchings etc yet players like him didn't get as much abuse as LJ gets. Have you not been down AG recently because that's what it is getting like.

But everyone including the manager knew he was crap and was subbed on a regular basis......now we got crap that is never subbed until recently and is always back in the starting line up.....When all the other players who put in just as much effort only got to make 1 mistake and they are out???

I havn't hear any real booing for a couple of season now , so no I don't think its a problem ot the the "thing" to do. Has for upsetting the players, these are professional players they got to be tough to get where there are now, as long as it don't get really personal or nasty they should be and there are big enough and man enough to take a bit of stick, its the down side of being a player, after all alot of the time they are cheered by the crowd and they get their name sung and are treated like stars around the town.
I'm thinking more of the Ashley Cole incident. Would you in your honest opinion call LJ a softie? To me he seems the sort of person that takes things to heart. Do you think someone saying your only playing because of your dad isn't getting personal?

Guest Bcfc Mike
I'm thinking more of the Ashley Cole incident. Would you in your honest opinion call LJ a softie? To me he seems the sort of person that takes things to heart. Do you think someone saying your only playing because of your dad isn't getting personal?

Excatly thats why GJ needs to protect him now and move him on!!

Its not as bad as you make out though. There has been hardly any booing this season or last or last. People are only expressing their feelings at the suprise GJ actually took LJ off.

As for Hutchings, he was brought to the club after one very good match against us. He was poor so didnt play much and was shipped out. LJ has got away with being poor for a lot longer than Hutchings was at the club.

But everyone including the manager knew he was crap and was subbed on a regular basis......now we got crap that is never subbed until recently and is always back in the starting line up.....When all the other players who put in just as much effort only got to make 1 mistake and they are out???
I don't pick the team, I also don't have access to Prozone like the management do. Maybe the data they get from Prozone is the reason why he is in the side week in week out?

Yep and who picks those 11? not us; GJ, the fans are the club; manage the squad and take the rough with the smooth.

Many of us were here long, long before you and the team were and will be FOREVER. :city:

Yes but there are many who were not!!

I think its these fans hes having a dig at

As in they have only been here since the club's been winning

I for one think this witch hunt is getting out of hand, all its achieving is driving a wedge between everyone at the club which isnt helping anyone. The players must be frightened to death of doing anything wrong incase its thier turn next. I will never boo the team or any individual who wears the red shirt. Can we all put this to bed and get behind the team because thats whats we need at the moment! Anyone that really thinks lj is in the side because of his dad must be mad this isnt a school football team after all.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Publicly, he's trying to get people to give continued support to the players as, regardless of anything else, it will help them to perform to their best. To get this message across he has to do it through the media so that the people he wants to get the message to hear it.

He doesn't need to go through the media to sort out the players and tell them what he thinks. He can do that behind a dressing room door, and I have absolutely no doubt that he is.

Archived