Team Vs Palace

DavidNoble

IMO.....

Basso

Orr Carey McCombe Fontaine

Noble Johnson Elliot McIndoe

John Trundle

Bench : Maynard,Weale ,J.Wilson, Williams and Akinde

Bring on Maynard on around 60 mins without fail also bring on Akinde and williams for nobes if nobes isnt quite doing the business on the right.

Guest wheres your caravan??

What about Williams??

Yesterday he looked like the only player that has the ability to play through balls and open up the opposition defence!

What about Williams??

Yesterday he looked like the only player that has the ability to play through balls and open up the opposition defence!

Williams was poor yesterday, he has been decent for 3-4 weeks but yesterday was poor! and I cannot re call any through balls at all ffom him. Nobele and Johnson were good yesterday and Elliott is improving and getting back to where we has last season. Williams and McIndoe were off the game yesterday!

What about Williams??

how about instead of having a pop at other people teams selection? who actually say who you would rather play, which is the point of this topic.

for me after reflecting on yesterday, much as I don't like 4-5-1 at home

Basso,

Orr, Carey, Fontaine, McAllister

B Wilson, Noble, Johnson, Elliott, McIndoe

John

Subs

Weale

Adebola

TRUNDLE

Williams

J.Wilson

I've changed my mind ;)

As this is an away game where colin will want a win and they will want revenge from last season we may have to soak up alot so maybe a 4-5-1

Also not sure they have any 'big men' up front and are filled with pace

We will need our first team full-backs ready for if Moses decides to turn up. (anyway mcallister will be used to messi from wednesday :D )

Basso

Orr Carey Fonts Mcallister

............Marv............

Gav Johno Nobes Mcindoe

............Dele

Almost same as southampton line-up.

Would love to see Trunds given a go on left wing but not away as he may be liable at having to track back and our left-back could be left in trouble.

Can't wait to see Marv crunch Carle. :D

Guest wheres your caravan??

Basso

Orr

Mccombe

Fontaine

Mcalister

Williams

Johnson

Elliott

Mcindoe

John

Maynard

Lets give Palace something to think about not just an aimless longball!

Marvin to crunch both Carle and Derry please!!!!!!!!

BASSO

B WILSON, MCCOOMBE, FONTAINE, MCALISTER / CAREY

JOHNSON, ELLIOT

WILLIAMS, NOBLE, TRUNDLE / MCINDOE

MAYNARD / JOHN

YUP . THATS 4, 2, 3, 1

3 attacking midfielders all capable of providing a through ball to a forward who prefers the ball on the ground.

Elliott to break up play, and LJ as the link midfielder,

Wilson at right back, primarily because he's the quickest defender we have

Left back is a problem, looking for suggestions here

SUBS

WEALE, J WILSON, MAYNARD / JOHN, AKINDE, TRUNDLE / MCINDOE

basso

carey

fontaine

mccombe

orr

noble

elliott

johnson

williams

trundle

john

lets give trundle & john a run in the side adebola has worked his socks off so would be hard to drop him only thing against adebola is hes not getting the goals.

How many more times are we going to hear that one :fastasleep:

Trundle will be lucky if he makes the bench......would like to Dele keep his place but Akinde should be on the bench ready to be unleashed.

How many more times are we going to hear that one :fastasleep:

Trundle will be lucky if he makes the bench

Belfast's No 1 pain in the ass!! and if i want to hear from a ####### i will fart! you know jack sh** about football mate bet you have never played the game!

Belfast's No 1 pain in the ass!! and if i want to hear from a ####### i will fart! you know jack sh** about football mate bet you have never played the game!

:laugh: hello mate, long time no abuse :innocent06:

I played the game chum, represented the county of Avon & Somerset, had trails for Southampton and had scouts from City watching me before I moved to Belfast back in 1989.

Scored at Ashton Gate too, at the East End in a cup final which was fun. Have you done that other that at the annual open day?

Typical keyboard warrior :fastasleep:

IMO.....

Basso

Orr Carey McCombe Fontaine

Noble Johnson Elliot McIndoe

John Trundle

Bench : Maynard,Weale ,J.Wilson, Williams and Akinde

Bring on Maynard on around 60 mins without fail also bring on Akinde and williams for nobes if nobes isnt quite doing the business on the right.

Spot on if you ask me. :clapping:

I'd swap Dele for John and leave it as is personelly.

Yes, Trundle adds creativity and flair, but I fully expect saturday to be a grudge match of epic proportions, i.e. Colin's troops kicking us all over the shop, and if there is one area (asides from pace) that Lee Trundle doesn't tend to excel it is that of the 'physical battle'.

That doesn't mean he should never play again or anything like that, just that an agressive line up should be put out to match the likely opposition.

He'd be a potential asset from the bench, no doubt, but I'm not sure what he'd offer us from the start against the type of team they'll likely field.

Archived