IGNORED

Lee Trundle

DavidNoble

I have the utmost respect for Trundle for sticking it out at City when he clearly seems to be fighting a losing battle. I understand the comments about him under-performing, but out of the current squad, who has consistently performed? And we all know what he can do on a good day.

No-one's bigger than the club - but that's true for the manager as well as the players

Also have you paid the £5 to charity since the Warnock affair in the play offs? You seem to keep missing my posts everytime I ask you.

I have previously replied that I have a standing order every month to charity plus I donate £10 every week to another charity. You seem to keep missing my post everytime I reply.

And.......point out to me what Trundle has actually produced this season (apart from a wonder goal against Brum) that has earned him a starting place. As for him contributing more than McIndoe - your're having a laugh. McIndoe works very hard and covers more ground in one game than Trundle does in three. McIndoe is a good player but his form has dipped recently and that can happen to any player as Elliot would tell you.

Trundle as far as I can tell has shown no consistant form for as long as he's been at City.

Ran the show at Charlton and at home to Plymouth when he came on. Deserves a run in the side on what he has done when he has played.

But it looks to me like GJ is keeping him out to sell in Jan to free up the wage bill.

Shame

Well said!

The razmataz that surrounds LT is getting annoying and I for one will be glad when its over TBH. I think GJ frustration is once LT does enough to get himself into the starting 11, he let's him down with his lack of goals. Flashes of brilliance are all well and good on Soccer AM on a Saturday morning, but for me, end product is more important.

Everyone up front (or midfield) has let City down with a lack of goals Look at the cause, not the symptom

No-one knows what is going on behind the scenes except GJ and LT. For fans to question GJ team selection makes me laugh, GJ is a great manager and has been a great servant to date.......but this fascination in LT has to stop as it seems now people are more interested in LT's affairs rather than the interests of the club.

It is in the interests of the club to have LT on the pitch......regularly

LT seems like a lovely bloke but he hasn't done what we paid a million quid for. I think Lee left it a little to late to make the step up. He enjoyed being a big fish in a little pond without pushing himself to the next level a little earlier in his career.

If Lee is not banging in the goals, what else is he doing on the pitch other than the odd trick here and there :innocent06:

And exactly who else is banging in the goals? No one.

Does he create more than McIndoe? Yes! Mcindoe is in poor form, give Trundle his chance to affect the game

Well said!

The razmataz that surrounds LT is getting annoying and I for one will be glad when its over TBH. I think GJ frustration is once LT does enough to get himself into the starting 11, he let's him down with his lack of goals. Flashes of brilliance are all well and good on Soccer AM on a Saturday morning, but for me, end product is more important.

Do you see many games live? There's far more to Trundle's game than a few tricks.

For fans to question GJ team selection makes me laugh,

Laugh away then - for the good health of the club, GJ's selections should and always will be open to debate.

now people are more interested in LT's affairs rather than the interests of the club.

Perhaps people think it is in the best interests of the club for one of our best players to get more time on the pitch. Plus the added bonus of the prospect of being entertained when we settle down in our seat in the wind and rain for 2 hours.

LT seems like a lovely bloke but he hasn't done what we paid a million quid for. I think Lee left it a little to late to make the step up. He enjoyed being a big fish in a little pond without pushing himself to the next level a little earlier in his career.

[b]

Trundle's still well capable at this level, he proves it every time he gets on the pitch.

If Lee is not banging in the goals, what else is he doing on the pitch other than the odd trick here and there :innocent06:

Creating goals, worrying the opposition, rousing the crowd, entertaining and giving us hope.

And exactly who else is banging in the goals? No one.

Does he create more than McIndoe? Yes! Mcindoe is in poor form, give Trundle his chance to affect the game

Michael's form has not been up there with last season, but he isn't a striker.....Trundle is meant to be! So what your saying is, if LT can't do the thing he was bought for, let's create another position for him and push someone else out of the team??

MM was one of the players of the season last year, and produced far more than Trundle has since his arrival. If LT can't score the goals, then he shouldn't be in the team.

He might be the most skilfull player behind Noble at the club but that doesn't automatically warrent a starting place. You need more than a few tricks to effect games consistantly as Johnson says all his players must do.

And.......point out to me what Trundle has actually produced this season (apart from a wonder goal against Brum) that has earned him a starting place. As for him contributing more than McIndoe - your're having a laugh. McIndoe works very hard and covers more ground in one game than Trundle does in three. McIndoe is a good player but his form has dipped recently and that can happen to any player as Elliot would tell you.

Trundle as far as I can tell has shown no consistant form for as long as he's been at City.

Thats a typical city fan quote - Its ok that he works hard and runs about a lot, we will forget the fact hes produced hardly anything this season. And yes i know he played well at southampton but hes a championship player and he supposed to play well in more than 1 out of 15 games.

Michael's form has not been up there with last season, but he isn't a striker.....Trundle is meant to be! So what your saying is, if LT can't do the thing he was bought for, let's create another position for him and push someone else out of the team??

MM was one of the players of the season last year, and produced far more than Trundle has since his arrival. If LT can't score the goals, then he shouldn't be in the team.

Let's drop ALL THE STRIKERS then because none of them are scoring goals! Look at the supply to best meet the needs of our qualified and consistent goal scorers that we bought in. Then perhaps they will be consistent for us too and then perhaps Trundle can play in his preferred and most effective position!

Last year the experts on here were saying that he couldn't play with a Byfield/Enoch style forward and that he needed a big target man type to play off and we subsequently bought Dele. Now I'm reading that he'd be best alongside Maynard as he needs somebody he can feed balls through to.

He might be the nicest bloke in the world, and occasionally his tricks come off, but I think it's time to admit that he doesn't produce the goods regularly enough to warrant a place in the 16.

So which of our forwards do you think are 'producing the goods' at the moment?

The amount of times I see City live isn't up for debate here. :tumbleweed: Your obviously a big fan of LT and his "tricks n flicks" and that's your right, but I disagree with your comments.

Show me the stats on LT's influence on games over the past season and bit to back up your claims he deserves his place in the team i.e goals, assists etc.......please!

As for rousing the home crowd, I think six cheerleaders dancing in hot pants and a yorkshire terrier that can balance the ball on his nose at half time would have the same effect.......but a dam sight cheaper :innocent06:

Let's drop ALL THE STRIKERS then because none of them are scoring goals! Look at the supply to best meet the needs of our qualified and consistent goal scorers that we bought in. Then perhaps they will be consistent for us too and then perhaps Trundle can play in his preferred and most effective position!

Well pull yourself away from LMA Manager and give GJ a call. He is just waiting for some advice on solving his goal scoring issues :icecream:

much as I think Trundle is a top bloke I think he should move on in January. A striker of his age needs regular football and hes not getting that at Ashton Gate. Will probably leave and come back to haunt us though!

Yeap. As per my previous posting below. Although I think it is a mistake I would say move him on.

I agree with everything you say. However, for reasons that only the manager and coaching staff understand, I don't think he will be given a "fair shake". I think its in Trundles interest to enjoy the last of his playing days elsewhere. To be honest, from what I have seen I enjoy watching him for the entertainment value. Although I will always be a city fan I would prefer to watch him play regardless of who he is playing for. I think the petition should be 'Lets move Trundle on for his own sake.". Also, I think its in nobles best interest to move on also.

So which of our forwards do you think are 'producing the goods' at the moment?

In the last two games Dele has looked strong and with a bit of good fortune would have had a couple of goals to his name. His set up for Elliott's goal on Saturday was excellent.

In the little we've seen of Stern John I believe he's shown why he's played at the top end of the leagues for so long and I'd like to see him partner Dele if we're going back to 442.

Thats a typical city fan quote - Its ok that he works hard and runs about a lot, we will forget the fact hes produced hardly anything this season. And yes i know he played well at southampton but hes a championship player and he supposed to play well in more than 1 out of 15 games.

You're being very harsh about McIndoe. His work rate is excellant. He tracks back, switches wings, gets in crosses, closes down defenders and is capable of producing decent quality. Lately his form has dipped but he'll get back to the form of last season sooner rather than later.

Face facts. Trundle, regardless of his popularity amongst the fans has been disapointing. He didn't score enough goals last season, couldn't hold down a first team place and in March announced that he was finally fully fit... :noexpression:

No change this season. He simply doesn't effect games enough despite his obvious skills and trickery. He reminds me so much of Jacki who was also loved by the fans but was even more ineffective as Trundle is.

Its a sad reflection on football fans when all a player has to do is perform a few tricks to win them over.

But still despite playing in 12 games (8 as a sub) He has scored the same amount of goals as Dele has who has started 17 games.

Face facts. Trundle, regardless of his popularity amongst the fans has been disapointing. He didn't score enough goals last season, couldn't hold down a first team place and in March announced that he was finally fully fit... :noexpression:

No change this season. He simply doesn't effect games enough despite his obvious skills and trickery. He reminds me so much of Jacki who was also loved by the fans but was even more ineffective as Trundle is.

Its a sad reflection on football fans when all a player has to do is perform a few tricks to win them over.

Reading this post I get the feeling that you think Trundle was a bad buy by Johnson, who, let's face it, doesn't have the best record of signing strikers.

Last year the experts on here were saying that he couldn't play with a Byfield/Enoch style forward and that he needed a big target man type to play off and we subsequently bought Dele. Now I'm reading that he'd be best alongside Maynard as he needs somebody he can feed balls through to.

He might be the nicest bloke in the world, and occasionally his tricks come off, but I think it's time to admit that he doesn't produce the goods regularly enough to warrant a place in the 16.

Agree 100%.

I've been very impressed with LT's attitude when not selected and he certainly isn't a big time Charlie, but to me a 32 year old one footed striker who lacks pace, aerial ability and strength isn't ever going to be the answer to our scoring problems.

Agree 100%.

I've been very impressed with LT's attitude when not selected and he certainly isn't a big time Charlie, but to me a 32 year old one footed striker who lacks pace, aerial ability and strength isn't ever going to be the answer to our scoring problems.

So why buy him in the first place, Is this another of the messiah's mistakes?

Reading this post I get the feeling that you think Trundle was a bad buy by Johnson, who, let's face it, doesn't have the best record of signing strikers.

I take your point, but I guess it depends on whether you judge the forwards purely by the goals they score or on where the club finishes in the league.

Personally, I'd take a fourth place finish in the Championship with the top goalscorer having eight to his name over relegation and a striker with 20+.

I take your point, but I guess it depends on whether you judge the forwards purely by the goals they score or on where the club finishes in the league.

Personally, I'd take a fourth place finish in the Championship with the top goalscorer having eight to his name over relegation and a striker with 20+.

You probably realised just as you hit the 'Add Reply' button, the irony of your reply. Had we managed to get a decent striker in the January window, it's fair to say, we should have got automatic promotion. Our only failing last term was turning draws into wins. Incidentally whose talking relegation?.

You probably realised just as you hit the 'Add Reply' button, the irony of your reply. Had we managed to get a decent striker in the January window, it's fair to say, we should have got automatic promotion. Our only failing last term was turning draws into wins. Incidentally whose talking relegation?.

We did get a decent striker. His name was Dele Adebola and he scored 6 goals in 20 games, 5 of which turned draws into wins.

Where is the irony? The last time we were in this division, we had a 20+ striker and got relegated. Last season our top scorer got 8 and we finished fourth.

Which would you prefer?

We did get a decent striker. His name was Dele Adebola and he scored 6 goals in 20 games, 5 of which turned draws into wins.

Where is the irony? The last time we were in this division, we had a 20+ striker and got relegated. Last season our top scorer got 8 and we finished fourth.

Which would you prefer?

Very fair points both.

On the note of Jacki

I enjoyed it because I played with some experienced players like Leroy Rosenior, Wayne Allison and 'Jacki' Dziekanowski who used to play for Celtic. What a player he was!

Andy Cole said that about him the other day and this guy went on to play with some top class players seems to me you do not like the "Entertainers."

As for the donation thats alright then sorry I missed that. :)

I have (maybe prematurely) taken the omission of Trundle in the reserves tonight as a sign of his fairly imminent departure.

As Tom intimated very early on, I suspect Trundle daring to admit his frustration has probably finalised his chances.

I can't believe for 1 minute his absence tonight is to play in the 16 Saturday. If it was, then surely you would give him 45 minutes tonight?

If this pans out to be right, I have to say I will lose some more respect for GJ. Not only has he overpaid £1M for a striker who hasn't given a fair crack too, he then can't take it when Trundle understandably shows some frustration (and be fair, this is the first time as he has been a model professional in his time here in terms of attitude).

GJ's inability to buy a decent striker at a decent price and his overall arrogance when somebody shows any negativity towards him will ultimately be his undoing at this club. Of course, this may be in about 2012 after the ridiculous contract given to him.

Messiah my ar$e :innocent06:

I have (maybe prematurely) taken the omission of Trundle in the reserves tonight as a sign of his fairly imminent departure.

As Tom intimated very early on, I suspect Trundle daring to admit his frustration has probably finalised his chances.

I can't believe for 1 minute his absence tonight is to play in the 16 Saturday. If it was, then surely you would give him 45 minutes tonight?

If this pans out to be right, I have to say I will lose some more respect for GJ. Not only has he overpaid £1M for a striker who hasn't given a fair crack too, he then can't take it when Trundle understandably shows some frustration (and be fair, this is the first time as he has been a model professional in his time here in terms of attitude).

GJ's inability to buy a decent striker at a decent price and his overall arrogance when somebody shows any negativity towards him will ultimately be his undoing at this club. Of course, this may be in about 2012 after the ridiculous contract given to him.

Trundle out of reserve squad; that's our season forked. Clear proof GJ is a $hit manager, whatever his record says.

Nice.

Let's start the "GJ OUT" bandwagon right now, just incase we lose out on being the first suicidally-negative fans to hold the right to say "I told you so" when the most successful manager of recent times jumps ship.

For forks sake; let's get some perspective.

Let's start the "GJ OUT" bandwagon right now

Nah, let's give it 6 months first.

After all, we need to wait until the January transfer window to see if he makes another mediocre bid for a player like Nathan Tyson and then pays over £2M for a player with "potential" who might be the answer in the 2010/11 season (presuming he is not sold for a quarter of that amount some time sooner).

Easy to work out? You are having a laugh. Adebola and Maynard are easy to work out because they are one dimensional.

The most gifted player at City for year's.

Arguably the most creative

We knew his age when we bought him

We knew his playing style

We knew the weekly wages

We knew his goalscoring record over MANY consistent year's

We knew how we would have to play to his strength's to continue his success to benefit our team.

Have Bristol City really continued and got the best out of Lee Trundle? No

Is it still there? Yes

Can the fans see it? Yes

Can the opposition see it when they close him down with two defenders? Yes

No way should Trundle be shipped out. He should be an automatic starter and we should persist for 10-15 games, adapt if we have to and let him create for others and score himself. It will happen!

Someone should start a voting process to have TRundle back in the team!!!

Trundle does have good footballing ability with one of his two feet but if we had to pick THE BEST TECHNICAL FOOTBALLER at the club then I am afraid that David Noble wins that one hands down. Noble may have other areas of his game he needs to improve which have been debated before but he is head and shoulders above everyone else at this football club in terms of natural footballing talent. Absolutely no argument.

I have always said that if you could mix the energy of Johnson with the talent of Noble you would probably have the best creative midfield player outside the Premier League. Unfortunately the only way we can mix their strengths at the moment is in a three man central midfield.

You and others are assuming that Trundle is in trouble with GJ for speaking out when that just isn't the case. Trundle may well be frustrated and has spoken his mind, but GJ doesn't run a concentration camp, he runs a football team and people will speak out and without the fear of being chastised. He is not criticising GJ's management style or capabilities, he is merely expressing dissatisfaction at not playing which is totally accepted.

Trundle appears in the team inconsistently because he is inconsistent, it's as simple as that. He can bring quality and a different dimension to the team, but he doesn't do that on a regular basis hence why he doesn't play on a regular basis. The fact that GJ can't always get the best out of him is a measure of how difficult the step up is from performing well regularly in League One to trying to perform regularly in a League where defences are significantly better. Maynard anyone?

You can only hope when you sign a player from a lower league that he will make that adjustment and that we can reap the benefit of that, but in Trundle's case good performances are too sporadic to warrant a regular start.

Given that he is the best performing manager for us in over thirty years, i don't think he deserves your 'Messiah my ar$e' comment. Unless of course you were happy consistently failing to get out of League One and when we did, ****1ng it up? He deserves his contract because he is building something special at this club and despite negativity from certain ungracious people he will achieve it.

Archived