IGNORED

Lee Trundle

DavidNoble

Michael's form has not been up there with last season, but he isn't a striker.....Trundle is meant to be! So what your saying is, if LT can't do the thing he was bought for, let's create another position for him and push someone else out of the team??

MM was one of the players of the season last year, and produced far more than Trundle has since his arrival. If LT can't score the goals, then he shouldn't be in the team.

If that was the case shouldn't we be playing with no strikers then? Or is it one rule for one and a different rulef or the other?

My wishlist from Santa in terms of city???

GJ to cheer up, stop picking predictable workmanlike players over class acts.

LT to starting playing every game or at least part of the game.

LJ to be rested occasionally (not dropped or out, just rotated like the rest)

Thats all I want for Xmas please.......

Message to LEE TRUNDLE - keep your chin up mate, you are pure class and a joy to watch (I speak as a fan with over 25 years of watching down Aston Gate).

Well, all I can say is, with Trundle in the team I feel:

Excited

Hopeful

Entertained

On the edge of my seat

Sorry for the opposition that we've got him, they haven't

Proud to be a City fan. :D

But, with no Trundle in the team, or on the bench, or worse still possibly moving on, I feel:

Fed up

Frustrated

Less reason for that 'buzz' at the start of a match

Disappointed

Sorry for LT that he isn't getting the run he needs/merits

Sorry for us that we're not benefitting from his flair and talent

Resigned to duller games. :bored:

Well when LT goes, why don't you follow him!! Wouldn't want to bore you :noexpression: :disapointed2se: Twit

LT has his chances and takes them, but then dies away when he starts to get a run in the team. I think the blinkers are on for him at the moment and that he can be the answer to our problems, when he is a very short term answer at various stages of a season. We can call his signing a failure, but if you never try you never know. Maynard will come good and needs a period of time to adjust to this level. He hasn't done that yet but he is too good and too dertermined, from what i've seen, to see failure as an option. Patience is the key.

It's far too easy to focus on what you may consider failed signings, but that is the law of averages in football. EVERY manager has signings that he hopes will work and they don't. You only have to look at the turnover of players at the top clubs that don't quite cut the mustard to see that the top managers sign the odd dud. Johnson is no different, but we are hardly talking about a lot of players that he's got wrong now, are we? And i personally don't think that, if you're referring to Saturday's formation, that we employ negative tactics at home. Playing 4-5-1 at home is essentially playing 4-3-3 when you consider how far forward Williams and Noble were getting and prior to conceding the first goal, it was working very well as we put them under pressure on the edge of their own box. Not really negative, is it?

If you consider that the manager is only as good as his last results, you would no doubt considered that twice European Champion, thirteen time Premier League winner and five time FA Cup winner Sir Alex Ferguson to be pretty rubbish as Man United langusihed in the bottom three. Not really very fair i don't think.

Am i the only one that fully understands why GJ changes the team and makes the substitutions he does? I played to a pretty high level, so maybe this helps? The 'Messiah' is human and will not get everything right, but he will get most things right and he is doing a bloody good job with what is essentially a League One side without millions, that other teams have, to strengthen. We need to be realistic about what this man is doing for us and where he can take us and seriously think about where we were three years ago when he took over and what we are currently expending energy moaning about. Eighth in the Championship and perfectly poised to move on. Disastrous? That's a matter of opinion?

perfect. says it all. take a wider view everyone. ferguson signed ralph milne from us once remember.

Well nogbad, you won that debate :noexpression:

Thanks for confirming that by admitting defeat Belfast.

Clearly your 'argument', such that it was, has run it's limited course and you have resorted to sarcasm and being rude to other posters. :nono:

All in all then, a fairly overwhelming capitulation. :winner_third_h4h:

Thanks for confirming that by admitting defeat Belfast.

Clearly your 'argument', such that it was, has run it's limited course and you have resorted to sarcasm and being rude to other posters. :nono:

All in all then, a fairly overwhelming capitulation. :winner_third_h4h:

I didn't feel there was any need to continue the "battle of wills" with a Trundlelite as you obviousLY have blinkers on and think that LT is Mr Bristol City and we can't live without his presence on the pitch.

The long and short of all is, despite what you think of Lee Trundle, and how the team should revolve around him, GJ doesn't think so.

To me, GJ's team selection each week pretty much justifies what I, and others on this forum think to whether LT does enough to get in the starting 11 :innocent06:

I didn't feel there was any need to continue the "battle of wills" with a Trundlelite as you obviousLY have blinkers on and think that LT is Mr Bristol City and we can't live without his presence on the pitch.

The long and short of all is, despite what you think of Lee Trundle, and how the team should revolve around him, GJ doesn't think so.

To me, GJ's team selection each week pretty much justifies what I, and others on this forum think to whether LT does enough to get in the starting 11 :innocent06:

You do mean Lee Trundle do you?, the man Gary Johnson chased for the whole of the 2007 close season and ended up paying £1m for. So you think he made a big mistake do you?, if so a rather expensive mistake eh? :innocent06:

It is a shame it hasn't worked out for him but he didn't really do much in his time here except a few flashes of brilliance.

The rest of the time he was too slow on the ball, held on to it for too long before losing it and was annoymous for large periods of games. I think League 1 is his place to be honest and best of luck to him.

Hang on lads,

We are already talking like he has gone.

What he said was true even if GJ won't like it but i remember hearing on the radio when it was rumoured that swansea wanted him ealier on in the season that GJ said "No i don't want to sell him, he is going nowhere, he will get his chance and i am sure he will take it".

And i remember before the Doncaster home game i went to the academy game in the morning against Chelsea academy and as i was walking back to the car i saw GJ walking back so i caught up with him and started talking about things and i came across Lee Trundle. GJ sounded in love with him, going through his skills and his goal against Birmigham and 'the palace goal' as he said. Then me and my auntie said that 'oh some people round us don't seem to like Trunds but we have like our own little fan club' and GJ said 'Yeah, and i'm in it' with the GJ smile.

From that it doesn't sound like he is trying to push him out of the side. I'm sure he will stay and will get his chance.

Lets not start calling him a league 1 player at least until he is 100% gone.

Go on Trunds, hat-trick against Palace :D

Hang on lads,

We are already talking like he has gone.

What he said was true even if GJ won't like it but i remember hearing on the radio when it was rumoured that swansea wanted him ealier on in the season that GJ said "No i don't want to sell him, he is going nowhere, he will get his chance and i am sure he will take it".

And i remember before the Doncaster home game i went to the academy game in the morning against Chelsea academy and as i was walking back to the car i saw GJ walking back so i caught up with him and started talking about things and i came across Lee Trundle. GJ sounded in love with him, going through his skills and his goal against Birmigham and 'the palace goal' as he said. Then me and my auntie said that 'oh some people round us don't seem to like Trunds but we have like our own little fan club' and GJ said 'Yeah, and i'm in it' with the GJ smile.

From that it doesn't sound like he is trying to push him out of the side. I'm sure he will stay and will get his chance.

Lets not start calling him a league 1 player at least until he is 100% gone.

Go on Trunds, hat-trick against Palace :D

We would all love that......but there is more chance of Nick Carle playing "One for the Bristol City" on a didgerido at half time :innocent06:

This is getting a little melodramatic!

Some people are talking like Trundle plays outstanding every time he's on the pitch but that Gary Johnson cruelly ignores his efforts.

But that isn't the case. Trundle has shown the class we know he has only on limited occasions. And whilst we all want a showman in the team, I really don't think Lee Trundle is the one.

Let's all calm down and accept that sometimes transfers just don't work, and this is likely to end up one of those.

I love watching Trundle when he's on song, but if he leaves, he leaves. Don't get too emotional about it!

Archived