IGNORED

Line-ups Versus. Swanseaa

DavidNoble

What would you pick??

I would have a 3-5-2 as we are at home and really need a win.

.............BASSO

.....CAREY..BOOOM...LIAM

IVAN...MARV.......MCALLISTER

..........NOBES....MCINDOE..........

...MAYNARD.

..DELE

i would be tempted to start trunds as we are against his former club but if we bring him on at 60 i always fancy him to score.

Thoughts?

What would you pick??

I would have a 3-5-2 as we are at home and really need a win.

.............BASSO

.....CAREY..BOOOM...LIAM

IVAN...MARV.......MCALLISTER

..........NOBES....MCINDOE..........

...MAYNARD.

..DELE

i would be tempted to start trunds as we are against his former club but if we bring him on at 60 i always fancy him to score.

Thoughts?

Basso

Orr - Carey - McCombe - Fontaine (What other option??)

Elliott - Williams - McIndoe

Maynard - Adebola - Trundle

I like 4-3-3. :innocent06:

My team would be:

------------------------Basso---------------------------

-Wilson--------Carey--------McCombe-----Fontaine-

-Williams------Noble---------Elliott---------McIndoe-

----------------Maynard-----Trundle------------------

Weale

J Wilson

Skuse

Adebola

John

GJ will pick the same XI as last game apart from Fontaine in for McAllister and possibly dropping Maynard for John.

On the basis that GJ is terrified of using width at the moment I would go 4-1-3-2.

Basso

Wilson (a repeat of the kamikaze defending at Preston and he's finished)

Carey

McCombe

Fontaine (GJ - why are we left with square pegs to fit in round holes?)

Elliott

Williams Noble McIndoe

John Maynard

Subs:

Henderson, Adebola, Johnson, Akinde, James Wilson

I would expect any two of the attacking middle three to bomb forward and help John and Maynard with the spare player sitting in alongside Elliott.

--------------------Basso---------------------------

-Orr-------Carey--------McCombe-----Fontaine-

-Williams--------Elliott---------Trundle-----------

------------------Noble-----------------------------

----------Maynard-----John-----------------------

i would still play orr as i think even if his mind may be at a different club, he will still play well as he will be trying to impress any new possible clubs interested in him

Bench:

Mcindoe, Adebola, Johnson, Akinde, James Wilson

-Wilson-------Carey--------McCombe-----Fontaine-

------Johnson---------Elliott---------McIndoe---------

------------------Noble------Trundle-------------------

-----------------------Maynard-------------------------

I like that!

But would change Williams for Johnson, though of course that is never going to happen!

I like that!

But would change Williams for Johnson, though of course that is never going to happen!

I like it too.

I believe this to be the formation that makes the best use of the players available presently and the tight game Johnson likes to play.

The abilities of Trundle and Noble without defensive capabilities will really come in to play and I think Maynard may be the busiest he has ever been in a red shirt, in terms of having semi-decent balls around the back to chase.

There is a good 5 around the midfield all with the capability to play small triangles and work the space, whilst still allowing decent cover for the back 4.

Also, there will be scope in the last 3rd for Elliot and McIndoe to do their bursts from the middle in to the area.

Unless Johnson wants to play pumped balls to Akinde; this for me is the formation that might finally entertain!

Basso

Wilson Carey McCombe Fontaine

Noble Elliott McIndoe

Trundle

John Maynard

This is the team i'd have maybe swap Noble for Williams! But on current form start with Noble!

Team I expect it to Be

Basso

Wilson Mccombe Carey Fontaine

Williams Johnson Elliot Mcindoe

Adebola Maynard

With swansea dealing with every long ball up to Dele! "Flick ons" Going above Maynard!

There central midfield steamrolling through ours! Mcindoe and Williams tucking in to help and leaving our full backs open! and Wilson who I think will get better in time being caught out of position at least once!

:fastasleep:

Basso

Brian Wilson

James Wilson

Carey

Fontaine

Elliott

Johnson

Mcindoe

Trundle

Maynard

Akinde

Henderson

JMW

Dele

Skuse

Noble

1. We don't use the width anyway so why pretend

2. Get the ball into Trundles feet and he has 2 quick blokes up with him to put through

3. No McCombe as he is being made to look silly when the ball is on the floor, horses for courses and Swansea wont normally be playing in the air and we need more pace at the back so we can play higher up the pitch to help the midfields get up with the forwards just occasionally

Basso

Brian Wilson

James Wilson

Carey

Fontaine

Elliott

Johnson

Mcindoe

Trundle

Maynard

Akinde

Henderson

JMW

Dele

Skuse

Noble

1. We don't use the width anyway so why pretend

2. Get the ball into Trundles feet and he has 2 quick blokes up with him to put through

3. No McCombe as he is being made to look silly when the ball is on the floor, horses for courses and Swansea wont normally be playing in the air and we need more pace at the back so we can play higher up the pitch to help the midfields get up with the forwards just occasionally

1. Youve got Marvin to do ALL the defending and taken a mifielder away from him to help him. Swansea will pass it round him all day

2. Trundle cant make a 5 yard pass to save his life, he needs the ball in the box to be effective and as a target man he is useless (target man as in we give the ball to him, not as in a big man like Dele)

3. Puttin James Wilson in for his proper debut when we are desperate for a win would be madness. I don't know if you go and see the reserves (i presume you do) as otherwise you are basing your opinions on 2mins at Southampton

1. Pray tell who helps Marvin at the moment? you say he is doing all the defending , but has 2 other of our normal midfield there and whoever has played on theright this season (williams,noble,sproule) cant defend to save their lives and are often

ineffective going forward , so it is little diffrent to our normal midfield

2. Trundle is the best ball player at the club and will put balls through to runners all day as long as we find his feet which if we give him 2 other forwards should create some space for him

3. When in your opinion is good for someone to make their debut? last season we werent in a position because we were doing too well , now we arent doing well enough? So we will keep with players who arent playing well and who keep getting caught with the ball at their feet then , If the lad is good enough then lets find out or as an alternative lets not givew him a 4 year contrat or have an academy. theres players younger than him playing at all levels because they have been given their chance.

LJ Cant cope in a 4 man midfield....how on earth is he going to do it in a 3???

LJ Cant cope in a 4 man midfield....how on earth is he going to do it in a 3???

LJ will cope fine. He has other ball players on the field in close proximity so he hasn't got to try and do everything.

He is actually the best bet to do his side ways passes or 10 yards forward and then sit; let McIndoe and Elliot do the main box to box playing. He can be an option behind the last third if we need to work the ball to the other side to make some space.

Don't confuse getting caught up field with laziness; his motor is fine if he could operate more between our 18 yard box and the first 15 yards in the opposition half.

1. Pray tell who helps Marvin at the moment? you say he is doing all the defending , but has 2 other of our normal midfield there and whoever has played on theright this season (williams,noble,sproule) cant defend to save their lives and are often

ineffective going forward , so it is little diffrent to our normal midfield

2. Trundle is the best ball player at the club and will put balls through to runners all day as long as we find his feet which if we give him 2 other forwards should create some space for him

3. When in your opinion is good for someone to make their debut? last season we werent in a position because we were doing too well , now we arent doing well enough? So we will keep with players who arent playing well and who keep getting caught with the ball at their feet then , If the lad is good enough then lets find out or as an alternative lets not givew him a 4 year contrat or have an academy. theres players younger than him playing at all levels because they have been given their chance.

1. Well MArv currently has 3 players to help him and whereas i agree the right midfielder normally does nothing, Marv will be asked to cover more ground with only 3 in mdifield. Swansea are a good passing side and will relish the chance to simply pass the ball around in Midfield. Taking a player out the midfield can only serve to help Swansea.

2. Trundle can be the best ball player at the club, but often struggles when the ball is actually played to his feet, espeically at home. Funnily enough, due to injuries i actually would start Trundle on Saturday but prefrably with a target man although numbers may dictate its with maynard.

3. Have you seen James Wilson play for the reserves? I havnt so i cant really tell how good he is. However, its not a good time for him to make his debut as its a local derby, we really need a win to stop the rot and we have McCombe who is more than an accomplished defender at this level. At times like this its easy to suggest big changes when sometimes you need to remember what got us to the play offs last year. I'm not saying things arnt wrong at the mo, but changing the team drastically could prove disastrous. This is no time to blood a youngster. A good time to blood youngsters, is Carling Cup, substitute appearances ala Southamtpon or end of seaosn matches (such as preston last year) when there was nothing to play for. To put it simply, if you havnt watched Wilson play for the reserves or the academy you or myself are in no position to judge weather he should be in the team or not

1. Well MArv currently has 3 players to help him and whereas i agree the right midfielder normally does nothing, Marv will be asked to cover more ground with only 3 in mdifield. Swansea are a good passing side and will relish the chance to simply pass the ball around in Midfield. Taking a player out the midfield can only serve to help Swansea.

2. Trundle can be the best ball player at the club, but often struggles when the ball is actually played to his feet, espeically at home. Funnily enough, due to injuries i actually would start Trundle on Saturday but prefrably with a target man although numbers may dictate its with maynard.

3. Have you seen James Wilson play for the reserves? I havnt so i cant really tell how good he is. However, its not a good time for him to make his debut as its a local derby, we really need a win to stop the rot and we have McCombe who is more than an accomplished defender at this level. At times like this its easy to suggest big changes when sometimes you need to remember what got us to the play offs last year. I'm not saying things arnt wrong at the mo, but changing the team drastically could prove disastrous. This is no time to blood a youngster. A good time to blood youngsters, is Carling Cup, substitute appearances ala Southamtpon or end of seaosn matches (such as preston last year) when there was nothing to play for. To put it simply, if you havnt watched Wilson play for the reserves or the academy you or myself are in no position to judge weather he should be in the team or not

you right there if you have not seen him play or train every day then its not your job to pick the team best we leave that to GJ

Archived