IGNORED

"family"club At It Again

somered

On the front page of the Sunday Inependent this morning is a story about Bristol Rovers being instructed by the F.A. to stamp out racist chanting by their supporters. The club have revealed that there have been three incidents that have been reported to the F.A. the most serious of which happened at Leicester last month, I have looked at the Evil Posts website but I cannot seem to find this story although I may be wrong.

On the front page of the Sunday Inependent this morning is a story about Bristol Rovers being instructed by the F.A. to stamp out racist chanting by their supporters. The club have revealed that there have been three incidents that have been reported to the F.A. the most serious of which happened at Leicester last month, I have looked at the Evil Posts website but I cannot seem to find this story although I may be wrong.

It was in the BEP - chants about Leicester's Asian majority I believe - prompted some gas posts asking why it was ok for them to be called Welsh - Rovers had a NF/BNP following in the 70's so maybe its the same people...

I have to say that there are double standards in this area - not condoning genuinely racist chanting, but when the English are abused by the Welsh or Scots, it's 'patriotic' or 'banter'

It was in the BEP - chants about Leicester's Asian majority I believe - prompted some gas posts asking why it was ok for them to be called Welsh - Rovers had a NF/BNP following in the 70's so maybe its the same people...

I have to say that there are double standards in this area - not condoning genuinely racist chanting, but when the English are abused by the Welsh or Scots, it's 'patriotic' or 'banter'

And also the last time City were at Leicester, there were incessant chants about poppadoms and corner shops, so much as I hate the Gas, this is as much our problem as it is theirs.

Am I the only person who cannot see the harm in chanting of any kind ?

Do we stop chants about fat, ginger, long haired, big ears and buck tooth players.

Fed up with this PC state, sticks and stones and all that or am I just a racist bigot ?

anything racist should not be tolerated anywhere football ground or not

anything racist should not be tolerated anywhere football ground or not

Thats right, nor anything homophobic which is why the Spurs fans who were identfied for making homophobic chants aganst Sol Campbell are being sought out and arrested by the police.

Its seem that certain groups of fans don't have any idea about what accepatble and whats not. I can just imagine how the arrested Spurs fans are explaining themselves to the Old Bill.....I bet they can hardly put a sentance together between them.

Its really sad that in this day and age that players are still subjected to racial and in some cases homophobic abuse. The perpitrators of such abuse must not be blessed with the smartest minds and should have the full force of the law applied to them.

Do we stop chants about fat, ginger, long haired, big ears and buck tooth players.

Fed up with this PC state, sticks and stones and all that or am I just a racist bigot ?

Your probably stuck in a 70's time warp!

Guest wheres your caravan??

I agree with you.

It is beyond a joke.

Guest MaloneFM

Isn't it time some of these people sucked it up and stood a little bit taller?

Did Sol Campbell complain directly? No. It was some weasel who scampered off crying about something that frankly Campbell has heard worse and treated with the contempt it deserved. Spanish supporters make monkey noises against England. That isn't offensive it's just moronic. Monkeys don't play football, remember?

Lewis Hamilton again in Spain last february. Blacked up with wigs on saying they were his family. He wasn't overly upset. The press went mental over it. It was just moronic. They thought it was funny. It wasn't. It was just stupid.

If you get upset over moronic behaviour they have won. If you expose them for having crawled out from under a stone and acting like pillocks, without any threat or menace, it stops. Its how you deal with bullys. Stand up to them don't always go running to the teacher because they will just pay lip service.

The fa warn the gas about racist chanting. Such as? City make remarks about poppadoms. I remember when that was food. Not a race.

I have seen the really ugly face of racism in the 70's and 80's. Bananas being thrown. The chant concerning pulling a trigger. Nothing was done because it wasn't 'right to do it'.

Get over yourselves.

Isn't it time some of these people sucked it up and stood a little bit taller?

Did Sol Campbell complain directly? No. It was some weasel who scampered off crying about something that frankly Campbell has heard worse and treated with the contempt it deserved. Spanish supporters make monkey noises against England. That isn't offensive it's just moronic. Monkeys don't play football, remember?

Lewis Hamilton again in Spain last february. Blacked up with wigs on saying they were his family. He wasn't overly upset. The press went mental over it. It was just moronic. They thought it was funny. It wasn't. It was just stupid.

If you get upset over moronic behaviour they have won. If you expose them for having crawled out from under a stone and acting like pillocks, without any threat or menace, it stops. Its how you deal with bullys. Stand up to them don't always go running to the teacher because they will just pay lip service.

The fa warn the gas about racist chanting. Such as? City make remarks about poppadoms. I remember when that was food. Not a race.

I have seen the really ugly face of racism in the 70's and 80's. Bananas being thrown. The chant concerning pulling a trigger. Nothing was done because it wasn't 'right to do it'.

Get over yourselves.

don't always agree with you Mr Malone but you are spot on.

Seems to be very "fashionable" to pull out the racist card to easily for some, when its really waranted it loses a lot of its credibility.

Thats right, nor anything homophobic which is why the Spurs fans who were identfied for making homophobic chants aganst Sol Campbell are being sought out and arrested by the police.

Its seem that certain groups of fans don't have any idea about what accepatble and whats not. I can just imagine how the arrested Spurs fans are explaining themselves to the Old Bill.....I bet they can hardly put a sentance together between them.

what was racist or homophobic about the spurs sol chant?

Some of this raciest stuff is geting far out of hand these days, can someone please tell me what being raciest is? the englishman irishman and scotsman jokes are these raciest?Remember that in everyway raceism cuts both ways. And I'm politicaly incorrect then, i take offence at being called a pom!

Some of this raciest stuff is geting far out of hand these days, can someone please tell me what being raciest is? the englishman irishman and scotsman jokes are these raciest?Remember that in everyway raceism cuts both ways. And I'm politicaly incorrect then, i take offence at being called a pom!

Like only Black people can call themselves N******s?

Like only Black people can call themselves N*****s?

just about every rap song that i hear on the radio has the word *Racist Term Removed, Expect A Ban Soon* in it. Is it ok for black people to call themselfs by the word *Racist Term Removed, Expect A Ban Soon*? Infact i happen to think that word happens to sound pretty bad. One other point i would like to make is this, if i were at a ground and a few Asian home fans started singing songs about turnips and wurzells should i complain to the authorities?

Nope, your not the only one. If every football fan that chanted something offensive at an oposition player or fan was served with a banning order, the average attendance at most grounds would be about 15!

just about every rap song that i hear on the radio has the word *Racist Term Removed, Expect A Ban Soon* in it. Is it ok for black people to call themselfs by the word *Racist Term Removed, Expect A Ban Soon*? Infact i happen to think that word happens to sound pretty bad. One other point i would like to make is this, if i were at a ground and a few Asian home fans started singing songs about turnips and wurzells should i complain to the authorities?

I'd be happy that they knew where we come from.......and to be honest, if they called me a *Racist Term Removed, Expect A Ban Soon* I wouldn't give a t*ss.

Archived