IGNORED

"family"club At It Again

somered

you didn't hear it nor know its contents yet you want the people whoi sang it arrested?

I don't need to know the content. All I need is the knowledge than other fans found it offensive and the police are taking the complaints serioulsy enough to publish photographs of the suspects in the London Standard, from which they identified some Spurs fans and arrested them.

Now if complaints were made and the police are arresting people that tells me that the homophobic chanting fell outside the law. Obviously not all arrested people are guilty but just being arrested for homophobic chanting send out a clear message to those who might consider it funny and do it again.

I don't need to know the content. All I need is the knowledge than other fans found it offensive and the police are taking the complaints serioulsy enough to publish photographs of the suspects in the London Standard, from which they identified some Spurs fans and arrested them.

Now if complaints were made and the police are arresting people that tells me that the homophobic chanting fell outside the law. Obviously not all arrested people are guilty but just being arrested for homophobic chanting send out a clear message to those who might consider it funny and do it again.

No it doesn't. It merely tells you that the police arrested them.

just about every rap song that i hear on the radio has the word *Racist Term Removed, Expect A Ban Soon* in it. Is it ok for black people to call themselfs by the word *Racist Term Removed, Expect A Ban Soon*? Infact i happen to think that word happens to sound pretty bad. One other point i would like to make is this, if i were at a ground and a few Asian home fans started singing songs about turnips and wurzells should i complain to the authorities?

So tell us what you consider is and isn't acceptable and why.

If you consider songs about turnips and wurzels to be on a par with the word "p**i", then tell us where, if anywhere, you draw the line and why.

If you consider songs about turnips and wurzels to be on a par with the word "p**i", then tell us where, if anywhere, you draw the line and why.

If we are talking about the Rovers incident, Leicester's majority ethnic group is actually Indian, so calling an Indian a P word is far worse than calling us Welsh .

I confess that if using the P word towards Pakistanis simply as an abbreviation like Aussie, Argie, Brit I question the validity of making racist charges.

Despite what the PC brigade may say, no-one gives a toss about Frogs, Krauts, Eyeties, Dagos, Ruskies, Polacks, Paddies etc etc etc as terms of endearment, and we don't really give a damn what we are called either (except Welsh)

In essence, you go the whole hog or you don't go there at all - in terms of law enforcement interest it's all one way, because if they really cared about racist comments then some of the bile directed towards white people on rap songs, and the staple of many black comedians stand up routines should be punishable - but never is........

The Police can arrest these people "accused" of chanting racist abuse, but can they prove that these people were actually singing or just mouthing the words, from my experience this will not stand up in court unless the accused perpertrators plead guilty and make a statement. A good brief will advise his client to make no comment. This seems like another media excercise, that will cost the taxpayer money and keep rescources off the street.

On par???? Are we trying to find out what words are ok to use and what words are not? Would that be up to the indivdual or up to socitey as a whole? Is there a useen law that we adhere to or is there things set in concrete regarding descriptive words we lawfully shouldnt use? I note that the N word was removed from previous posts, even though black people freely call themseves by the N word in song and in holywood. I also note that Frogs, Krauts, Eyeties, Dagos, Ruskies, Polacks, Paddies etc etc etc as posted by bully were not removed. Can someone explain to me I'm confussed?

Guest MaloneFM
Like only Black people can call themselves N******s?

Nicholas?

Okeley dokely doo then open the floodgates and let loose the dogs of political correctness.

Elvis Costello-Olivers Army uses the term 'one less white Nigel' (oh come on you know what word I mean)

The Pogues-Fairytale of New York. You know the one where he calls her a slut and she calls him a faggot.

However, the word faggot is removed from Money for Nothing by Dire Straits. All good daytime radio fodder which is no doubt enjoyed by Daly Mail readers.

Offensive? Double standards?

Is should bleedin' well coca and all

The Pogues-Fairytale of New York. You know the one where he calls her a slut and she calls him a faggot.

However, the word faggot is removed from Money for Nothing by Dire Straits. All good daytime radio fodder which is no doubt enjoyed by Daly Mail readers.

Offensive? Double standards?

Aye, well annoying.

I swear that line about the faggot with earing has been removed in my Dire Straits best of Album..

Isn't it time some of these people sucked it up and stood a little bit taller?

Did Sol Campbell complain directly? No. It was some weasel who scampered off crying about something that frankly Campbell has heard worse and treated with the contempt it deserved. Spanish supporters make monkey noises against England. That isn't offensive it's just moronic. Monkeys don't play football, remember?

Lewis Hamilton again in Spain last february. Blacked up with wigs on saying they were his family. He wasn't overly upset. The press went mental over it. It was just moronic. They thought it was funny. It wasn't. It was just stupid.

If you get upset over moronic behaviour they have won. If you expose them for having crawled out from under a stone and acting like pillocks, without any threat or menace, it stops. Its how you deal with bullys. Stand up to them don't always go running to the teacher because they will just pay lip service.

The fa warn the gas about racist chanting. Such as? City make remarks about poppadoms. I remember when that was food. Not a race.

I have seen the really ugly face of racism in the 70's and 80's. Bananas being thrown. The chant concerning pulling a trigger. Nothing was done because it wasn't 'right to do it'.

Get over yourselves.

Disagree.

I`m sure if it was you taking the abuse you wouldn`t want it to go unpunished would you. If people just say nothing about it, then these racist idiots will be like hey.. "No-ones doing anything about it.. F it, lets carry on lads!". The Hamilton abusers knew exactly what they were doing. It`s easy for them to hide behind the excuse of saying they were his family. Racism or any other type of abuse should not be tolerated in football or life in general.

I also don`t approve of when football fans offensively mock Spuds fans for being "Yids" (due to their fairly large Jewish support). The term itself is discriminatory. Even when the Aussies call us "Poms" i cringe at that.

Sorry to come across like a Daily Mail reader :blush:

*Don`t read the Mail by the way :farmer: *

Disagree.

I`m sure if it was you taking the abuse you wouldn`t want it to go unpunished would you. If people just say nothing about it, then these racist idiots will be like hey.. "No-ones doing anything about it.. F it, lets carry on lads!". The Hamilton abusers knew exactly what they were doing. It`s easy for them to hide behind the excuse of saying they were his family. Racism or any other type of abuse should not be tolerated in football or life in general.

I also don`t approve of when football fans offensively mock Spuds fans for being "Yids" (due to their fairly large Jewish support). The term itself is discriminatory. Even when the Aussies call us "Poms" i cringe at that.

Sorry to come across like a Daily Mail reader :blush:

*Don`t read the Mail by the way :farmer: *

I agree with much you say, but my beef is that protection against racism appears to be confined to minorities rather than everyone - to me, its either the whole hog or nothing.

Spurs fans chant 'yid army' methinks

Racism, Sexism and ism's in general, is situational and generally comes from the people who hold power in that situation. Genrally the power is with the majority. Therefore, in broad terms racism can be directed against blacks, asians etc in the UK but not vice versa - in India it would be the other way around. However, if I went for a job interview and an asian interviewer refused to give me a job because I was white then that would be racist because he/she holds the power in that situation.

In Australia I was racially abused - I was a pom - and it was pretty unpleasant. In the UK, I have Aussie friends who still call me a pom - it's not offensive when I'm here - it's the situation that is different - not the terminology. Another way of looking at it is that is is racist, homophobic etc if the subject of the acton/chant or whatever, finds it so - hence 50 cent can use the N word in his recordings but it would be unacceptable for me to go around using it.

Racism, Sexism and ism's in general, is situational and generally comes from the people who hold power in that situation. Genrally the power is with the majority. Therefore, in broad terms racism can be directed against blacks, asians etc in the UK but not vice versa - in India it would be the other way around. However, if I went for a job interview and an asian interviewer refused to give me a job because I was white then that would be racist because he/she holds the power in that situation.

In Australia I was racially abused - I was a pom - and it was pretty unpleasant. In the UK, I have Aussie friends who still call me a pom - it's not offensive when I'm here - it's the situation that is different - not the terminology. Another way of looking at it is that is is racist, homophobic etc if the subject of the acton/chant or whatever, finds it so - hence 50 cent can use the N word in his recordings but it would be unacceptable for me to go around using it.

Discrimination happens wether there is "power" as you say or not.

In the black community (in general) it is acceptable and not seen as offensive to them if they use the N word amongst each other simply cause the person saying it would be black as well as them. Like when they say.. "Wussup my n****r?".. They use it in a way to take the sting and the history out of the word, and to mock it. But obviously when a white person says it it`s a no no. Even if that white person is a friend of theirs. Because of the history and where the word originally came from.

I really shouldn't get involved in this, but here goes. Surely calling someone a 'p**i', is no different to calling someone a Scot? Surely that's just a shortened version of the country that person, or you think that person, comes from? Just like turnip & wurzel are generalisations of people from the west country? Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not going to stand there on the terraces and call anyone a p**i, because of how the word is now perceived to be an insult, and used in an insulting way in 99.9% of the times it's used - but isn't that a sad reflection of the society we live in?

Read in the paper last night someone had to take their Christmas decorations down outside their house in case it upset their non christian neighbours. Amazing, can't celebrate a christian festival in our own country now! What next?? My old man died in 1991, he wouldn't recognise the England the left behind.

Rant over, I'm off for some turnip soup and listen to the Wurzels on my mp3 on my lunch hour.

I really shouldn't get involved in this, but here goes. Surely calling someone a 'p**i', is no different to calling someone a Scot? Surely that's just a shortened version of the country that person, or you think that person, comes from? Just like turnip & wurzel are generalisations of people from the west country? Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not going to stand there on the terraces and call anyone a p**i, because of how the word is now perceived to be an insult, and used in an insulting way in 99.9% of the times it's used - but isn't that a sad reflection of the society we live in?

Read in the paper last night someone had to take their Christmas decorations down outside their house in case it upset their non christian neighbours. Amazing, can't celebrate a christian festival in our own country now! What next?? My old man died in 1991, he wouldn't recognise the England the left behind.

Rant over, I'm off for some turnip soup and listen to the Wurzels on my mp3 on my lunch hour.

If they're from Pakistan you may have a point - but it's often used against anyone that has an Asian appearance so clearly it is different.

Spot on, well put.

Archived