IGNORED

Marc Janko

Busterrimes

In the summer we were linked with this striker from Salzburg. I was reading my January copy of World Soccer magazine and there is an article in there about how he is now wanted by at least 6 Premier League clubs, Roma and a couple of German sides because he has scored 27 in 19 so far this season.

The reason I mention this is because I was wondering whether the link was just paer talk or have we missed out on a great summer signing.

In the summer we were linked with this striker from Salzburg. I was reading my January copy of World Soccer magazine and there is an article in there about how he is now wanted by at least 6 Premier League clubs, Roma and a couple of German sides because he has scored 27 in 19 so far this season.

The reason I mention this is because I was wondering whether the link was just paer talk or have we missed out on a great summer signing.

No we didn't miss out - we got Nicky Maynard.

• SC&T Board Members

You also have to realise that the Austrian league is VERY, VERY weak. League 1 at best.

You also have to realise that the Austrian league is VERY, VERY weak. League 1 at best.

Agreed, but we signed a striker from league 1 for £2m so that doesn't mean scoring so many goals at a lower level is meaningless - I daresay we are looking at some of the better league 1 players right now along with other CCC sides, and there must be something to the man if so many top clubs are sniffing.

Academic now of course, and who's to say he wouldn't have had the sort of season being enjoyed by Maynard had he come to us!!

Archived