IGNORED

Team Vs. Burnsters?

DavidNoble

Guest ashtonyate
Thoughts?

i am really worried about this game having watched them a few time on the box a few times this season,

they seem to play attacking fast football and will not come to the Gate to sit back.

With Carey missing I think we will be lucky to get a point because of our weak midfield I think playing five in midfield may be a good tactic this once.

If we go a couple down I could not see us getting back in the game,last week reports seem to say we played a lot better, but it must be remembered that Wednesday had eight players out so this week match is a better sign post to whether we have turned the corner.

I am confident we can turn our season around here, i think we can win 1-0.

BASSO

ORR CAREY FONTS MCALLISTER

WILLIAMS NOBLE ELLIOTT MCINDOE

MAYNARD ADEBOLA

No need for McCombe as as far as i am aware they don't have much height threat but could have him on the bench for a 'secret' weapon.

Williams and Noble can change and think it is far to early to play Murray from the start.

Orr can come in because a 60% Bradley is better than a 100% wilson.

I am confident we can turn our season around here, i think we can win 1-0.

BASSO

ORR CAREY FONTS MCALLISTER

WILLIAMS NOBLE ELLIOTT MCINDOE

MAYNARD ADEBOLA

No need for McCombe as as far as i am aware they don't have much height threat but could have him on the bench for a 'secret' weapon.

Williams and Noble can change and think it is far to early to play Murray from the start.

Orr can come in because a 60% Bradley is better than a 100% wilson.

Carey is suspended and says in his piece on the OS he'd not have been fit anyway.

I see up to now, no one has picked LJ in the starting lineup, you are all in denial, because you all know his name will be first on the team sheet.

Basso

Wilson McCombe Fontaine McCallister

Williams Elliot Johnson Mcindoe

Maynard John

Subs,

Henderson

Trundle

Noble

Murray

J Wilson

This is assuming all players are fit, and not allowing for Saturdays 'Mystery Injury' we seem to get every game now.

I see up to now, no one has picked LJ in the starting lineup, you are all in denial, because you all know his name will be first on the team sheet.

the first reply put LJ in.

i would go for:

Basso

Wilson Fontaine McCombe McAllister

Williams Johnson Elliott McIndoe

Maynard Adebola(if fit) Trundle if not

vaska was awful. much prefer to have james wilson coming through then him

I disagree

Apart from his debut vs QPR he was quite good

He won nearly everything in the air and was better on the ground than McCombe

When he played I felt much safer at the back than when Fontaine/McCombe played

and he was an amazing emergency striker as well

i feel he deserves his chance because every time ive seen him ive been impressed. whereas with basso and this is just my opinion i don't feel safe because he has made some bad mistakes lately and his handling isnt as good as last season!!

:englandsmile4wf:

he has only played once for us i think? have you seen him somewhere else? reserves? not seen a lot of him so i cant judge

i feel he deserves his chance because every time ive seen him ive been impressed. whereas with basso and this is just my opinion i don't feel safe because he has made some bad mistakes lately and his handling isnt as good as last season!!

:englandsmile4wf:

But he is still the best keeper we have by far

I also havent seen much of henderson but i don't think it would be fair to drop a keeper who has kept 7ish clean sheets this season

Looks good,saves me from typing it! As above!

Johnson pretty much confirms on the World interview that whislt 4-3-3 will be used selectively, tomorrow will be 4-4-2 to combat Burnley - "a very good 4-4-2 side".

Clearlu the squad is very stretched in terms of injuries/illness.... to the extent i wouldn't be surprised to see Bradders coming back in.

Basso

Wilson B. McCombe Fontaine McCallister

Williams Elliot Johnson Mcindoe

Maynard John

Subs,

Henderson

Trundle

Noble

Murray

J Wilson

This is assuming all players are fit, and not allowing for Saturdays 'Mystery Injury' we seem to get every game now.

Spot on mate, this is it.

2- 1 With Elliott and John on the scoresheet.

:winner_third_h4h:

I think the team will be this

............Basso

..........Wilson.........McCombe..Fontaine....McCallister

Noble............Johnson.Elliott...........McIndoe

...........John........Maynard

However, I want it to be this

........Basso

Wilson...........McCombe............Fontaine.......McCallister

Williams.............Noble........Elliott..........Trundle

John......Akinde

No other choices on the right unless we throw in Murray - Which we could do simply for positional sense, balance and supply

Archived