IGNORED

Christmas! :d

DavidNoble

I got the calendar which I always find fascinating as it is normally a reaonably good "he's going, he's gone" game throughout the year.

Neo, we got the same present and we also play the same game.

I also got a new City jumper, and a money box which has "season ticket fund" on it so I can save all my loose change.

I got a city personalised history from 1905, its all the newspaper articles from that date up until the play off final last may, was good remonising about all the games id been to, past players that id totaly forgotten about ect,

don't know how the wife got hold of it.

fair play to her.

:city::city:

A young lad I was with yesterday was lucky enough to get a vintage programme from 75-76 season, signed by whole squad, for City vs Chelsea in April 76. City were top of the 2nd division with four home games ahead of them.

Reading the programme notes from 32 years ago, Alan Dicks called for the crowd to get behind them as the home crowd had been quiet in recent games ("let's hear the Ashton Roar") and they had to get 20,000 singing in order to guarantee promotion. And he was puzzling over how our away form was better than at home...

Strangely familiar!!

I bought that same Wembley photo (of the team lining up) amongst some other stuff for my son. It was only when I got it home that the wife pointed out to me that Bradley appears to look a little more excited than you'd expect, even for a Wembley appearance. Typical she'd notice something like that.

Last year I told the story of how a sneaky grandpa made off with two thirds of the pork crackling...undetected.

This year it was better !

My oldest son 41, recieved a bottle of fine French Cognac from the exclusive restaurant Maxims of Paris. It was vintage 1968 and thats expensive.

Christmas day, and I watched in horror as he opened the bottle, poured a drink and proceeded to add ginger ale !!!!!!!!

You can have brandy and dry, but not with fine old cognac. I waited and swooped on the Cognac, which was screaming to be rescued. I poured two thirds of the cognac into my pint cider mug and refilled the cognac bottle with cheap brandy used for mixed drinks.

I transferred the cognac to another bottle to be enjoyed the way fine old cognac should be. My son and his mate enjoyed the brandy/cognac with ginger ale and all was well on Christmas day. :innocent06:

Archived