IGNORED

Anyone Know What Kind Of Team Pompey Will Be Fielding?

DavidNoble

They currently have a few players out through injury: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Trio-rul...City.4834229.jp, but as cup holders I would expect Pompey to field the strongest available 11.

But do you have any thoughts on their starting XI?

I am very confident this is our year for a good cup run and we can turn them over!

:englandsmile4wf:

Been reading the rumour mill tonight and Defoe and Johnson are certs to be gone asap but it appears at least half the first team are linked with away so could be anybody?

Hello, Pompey fan here.

Just thought I'd clear this up.

The media want you to believe we are having a fire sale, but the club have stated that's not the case. Diarra was utter class and we all knew after 6 games he was heading for a top top club - he even said we were a stepping stone. The lad is by far the best player I've ever seen at Fratton, so buying him for £5m, letting him help us win the FA Cup, then selling him just 12 months later for £20m+ is great business for the club. All the fans were delighted with the deal and wish Lassy well at Real.

The only other player of note to leave will be Defoe. He's become poison at the club since Redknapp left and the fans have had enough. He's become a lazy ######er and talk of £15m bids from Villa and City would be most welcome!

Other than that, the only other players leaving will be Lauren (total waste of space), Duffy (signed from Swansea by Redknapp as one for the future - played 1 game for us in 4 years) and Hermann Hreidarsson who has fallen out of favour this season. Great player for us last season was Hermann - talk is he's got a Championship club lined up - you'd do well to get him, he'd still be great at that level.

We've played well in games under Adams, but in recent weeks seemed to give up after going behind. However the performance at The Emirates was a lot better and showed we do have fight in us.

I'd expect to play most of the 1st team, with maybe one or two rotated, but with current injuries options are limited. I'd like to see Nugent played up front with Crouch, with Defoe coming on in the last minute to be booed and told to **** off/ and cup tied again like he was last season!

I can see this game being like our games v Ipswich/ Plymouth/ Preston last season, where we were given a good test, but the extra quality got us through.

Should be a good game and atmosphere at Fratton, and I'm looking forward to watching us defend our trophy - that still sounds mad!!!

Enjoy the day - but not too much.

Play Up Pompey!

Hello, Pompey fan here.

Just thought I'd clear this up.

The media want you to believe we are having a fire sale, but the club have stated that's not the case. Diarra was utter class and we all knew after 6 games he was heading for a top top club - he even said we were a stepping stone. The lad is by far the best player I've ever seen at Fratton, so buying him for £5m, letting him help us win the FA Cup, then selling him just 12 months later for £20m+ is great business for the club. All the fans were delighted with the deal and wish Lassy well at Real.

The only other player of note to leave will be Defoe. He's become poison at the club since Redknapp left and the fans have had enough. He's become a lazy ######er and talk of £15m bids from Villa and City would be most welcome!

Other than that, the only other players leaving will be Lauren (total waste of space), Duffy (signed from Swansea by Redknapp as one for the future - played 1 game for us in 4 years) and Hermann Hreidarsson who has fallen out of favour this season. Great player for us last season was Hermann - talk is he's got a Championship club lined up - you'd do well to get him, he'd still be great at that level.

We've played well in games under Adams, but in recent weeks seemed to give up after going behind. However the performance at The Emirates was a lot better and showed we do have fight in us.

I'd expect to play most of the 1st team, with maybe one or two rotated, but with current injuries options are limited. I'd like to see Nugent played up front with Crouch, with Defoe coming on in the last minute to be booed and told to **** off/ and cup tied again like he was last season!

I can see this game being like our games v Ipswich/ Plymouth/ Preston last season, where we were given a good test, but the extra quality got us through.

Should be a good game and atmosphere at Fratton, and I'm looking forward to watching us defend our trophy - that still sounds mad!!!

Enjoy the day - but not too much.

Play Up Pompey!

Ta for the info. Defoe's always struck me as a player with a terrible attitude that has stopped him reaching his potential. I can certainly see him having the sulks.

Unfortunately for you guys I think you've made a dodgy appointment in Adams. He was a great leader on the pitch but he has no charisma off it so players don't seem to like want to play for him, I think he won't ever be successful as more than a coach or no 2. Should have gone for an experienced manager IMO. Good luck with the season outside the cup though :)

Archived