IGNORED

Lee Miller

Guest Andybang

Guest Andybang

Just been reading a few of the other posts and coming from Scotland was wondering what the opinion of Lee Miller was in general.

I see some people saying they would take their money back for him but according to soccerbase he's only played 15 odd games for you. Fair enough he's not banging in the goals but he's 20, come from the Scottish 1st (The equivalent of the English 3rd if it's lucky, more likely the conference) and moved a long way to a different set-up than he was used to. Trust me, I've been to Brockville (Falkirk's old ground). Just thinking that it's a bit ######## some of your supporters getting on a young, inexperienced strikers back when he needs all the encouragement he can get.

I understand you paid good money for him and you expect a return, fair enough, but after just 15 games? Give the kid a break. I've seen enough of him to know he's got a big future. A lot more than 15 games anyway.

Give him a chance, he will come good very soon.

Cheers.

Agreed, i do think the stick he's getting from some people is unfair and i believe he is a very promising player and the best partnership for Peacock up front.

Luke Wilkshire however has to do something that little bit extra to impress me at the moment... worth the 250k at the moment, don't think so :clap:

Lee Miller has good potential, I don't doubt that but what I would say is that when we signed him he came with high expectation levels mainly due to Wigan being interested and reports that several Premier clubs (Arsenal included) were looking at him earlier in the year. He hasn't yet lived upto to those expectations.

This years squad is not as good as last years (mainly due to Murray's departure) and it's clear that Miller will need more time to settle in.

I would like to say give him time to settle and become the player that he has the potential to be but with the way this season is shaping up we may well need current ability over future potential. He still has a good future at this club ahead of him but if any player isn't performing they have no right to expect to be in the team.

Guest Andybang

Arsenal bought Jermaine Pennant for a couple of million didn't they? That was buying potential, not a product of their academy. Just because money was spent doesn't mean they are there to do the job immediately. I can understand what you mean though, but don't you agree 15 games is a just too little to judge him on especially taking all other factors into account?

Sorry, but we can't afford to pay £300k for potential.The Academy's about potential.For £300k, at this level, you've got to be doing it.

Thank God for you. If I could positively rate you now, I would.

Miller was well over-priced and a ridiculous buy for a club looking for promotion this season.

By the way, remember Marvin Brown? We talked about his potential too. :AquaCount:

Sorry, but we can't afford to pay £300k for potential.The Academy's about potential.For £300k, at this level, you've got to be doing it.

Harsh in my opinion. He hasnt been given a real chance. From the games I've seen he has had to just feed off s####s. For those of you who don't rate him who would you play in his place?

Archived