IGNORED

Clinton Morrison!

DavidNoble

For a change I'm going to stick up for an opposition player.

No, he wasn't particularly good and yes, he was completely mistaken about his offside goal and furthermore no one wants to see him trying to get an opponent sent off, but... he struck me as a Johnson-type player, was clearly passionate about his team throughout and that fed his exuberant behaviour, but it was often channelled in the right way, struck me he was responsible the way he tried to diffuse a first spat between Best and Carey (his body language was apologetic to Carey and infuriated by Best), his reaction to Carey's tackle was a reasonable one (I believe Carey would have got sent off if Morrison hadn't distracted the referee with his reaction) and in spite of both events he made a point of shaking everyone of our players hands at the end.

Some players walk onto the pitch and walk off the pitch as self-serving irritating prima-donnas. I don't believe Morrison is one of those players, his reaction at full time would tell you that. Take away the in-game frustration and he's a professional. Let's see if his manager can 'manage' the same kind of attitude in his POST-match comments. He didn't manage this after the Ricoh game.

For a change I'm going to stick up for an opposition player.

No, he wasn't particularly good and yes, he was completely mistaken about his offside goal and furthermore no one wants to see him trying to get an opponent sent off, but... he struck me as a Johnson-type player, was clearly passionate about his team throughout and that fed his exuberant behaviour, but it was often channelled in the right way, struck me he was responsible the way he tried to diffuse a first spat between Best and Carey (his body language was apologetic to Carey and infuriated by Best), his reaction to Carey's tackle was a reasonable one (I believe Carey would have got sent off if Morrison hadn't distracted the referee with his reaction) and in spite of both events he made a point of shaking everyone of our players hands at the end.

Some players walk onto the pitch and walk off the pitch as self-serving irritating prima-donnas. I don't believe Morrison is one of those players, his reaction at full time would tell you that. Take away the in-game frustration and he's a professional. Let's see if his manager can 'manage' the same kind of attitude in his POST-match comments. He didn't manage this after the Ricoh game.

Not a hope, he's from the Rodent /Gunn/ Colin camp, never lost a game fairly in his life!

Not a hope, he's from the Rodent /Gunn/ Colin camp, never lost a game fairly in his life!

Yep, exactly - a Coventry fan I know told me BEFORE the game that Coleman will be moaning if we win and blaming all and sundry. Did it on the weekend too. Annoys me because even if you accept that Carey's tackle was a shocker, the tackle at the end when Dele was clean through was also a red. But Coleman will only see the decisions that went against him.

No class after we did them at the Ricoh (acted like one decision cost them the game) and expecting the same this time.

so u didn't see him push johnson and then raise his arm to his face, wasn't his place to get involved.. therefore disgrace.

to be fair it looked like Johnson slapped Morrison across the face first, albeit accidently so he'd understandably react in the heat of the moment.

He did the same sort of thing last season away at Palace, the game we lost 2-0, I think they were a goal up at the time and it was quite late on. Cant quite remember what happened to set him off but he was walking round the pitch like he owned it then, stropping about. The blokes an ass and putting his finger to his mouth to us lot in the east end with the intention of shutting us up (unlikely) when his side two nil down makes him look like a bit of a tit in fairness.

I'd be pretty hacked off if they risked getting sent off. Showing you care doesn't mean being an idiot does it?

He was never going to get sent off.

If it were one of our own in that circumstance, there would be more positive comment on that passion and anger than there would be on those players who did not seem to care? Give me someone who's bothered any day.

He was never going to get sent off.

If it were one of our own in that circumstance, there would be more positive comment on that passion and anger than there would be on those players who did not seem to care? Give me someone who's bothered any day.

Even the commetator on world suggests Morrison was trying to get himself sent off. There are plenty of refs who wouldn't have been as lenient as the one on Tuesday.

If you watch the replay, Morrison runs over to an incident he wasn't involved in to try and 'get in there'. Not the kind of passion I like to see thanks.

Archived