IGNORED

Stern John

DavidNoble

sorry for another Sterno thread, just in the old rag they have a full sport headline about how we abuse him apparently!!???

FAir enoguh he has recieveed criticism but so has GJ, LJ, Mcindoe, McAllister, Sproule, Maynard at times and they are our actual playerss!!

bit disproportionate if you ask me.

sorry for another Sterno thread, just in the old rag they have a full sport headline about how we abuse him apparently!!???

FAir enoguh he has recieveed criticism but so has GJ, LJ, Mcindoe, McAllister, Sproule, Maynard at times and they are our actual playerss!!

The fact is we are getting a bit of a reputation for slagging off our own players, it's just too easy for the press to jump on the band wagon with story's like this. You only have to log on to this site and read some of the constant posting written by some of the idiots you get on here - that call themselves BCFC supporters........

:disapointed2se:

The fact is we are getting a bit of a reputation for slagging off our own players, it's just too easy for the press to jump on the band wagon with story's like this. You only have to log on to this site and read some of the constant posting written by some of the idiots you get on here - that call themselves BCFC supporters........

Agree but every team slags off their players loads.

Chelsea do, arsenal do, villa are booing!!!

lots in our division tooo.

Agree but every team slags off their players loads.

Chelsea do, arsenal do, villa are booing!!!

lots in our division tooo.

Your probably right about other clubs.....but most of the clubs you talk about tend to be struggling to punch they're weight! Last season we made it to the play-offs ...yet you would of thought we were in a relegation battle judging by some of the posts on here.....and this year...again we are in a good position just outside the play-offs...yet the negativity continues.....

typical EP over-reaction, any stick at the ground was months ago and he's actually been playing well lately.

Stern's biggest problem isn't his abiltity, it's how he applies it

The story was written around GJ saying that Stern was being unfairly made a scapegoat, can't see a problem with how it was reported.

The bigger issue is GJ's opinion that fans are giving SJ unfair stick due to his languid demeanor, which, if I'm not mistaken, you're talking about above.

Seems to me the booh boys like to critiscise.....but don't like to be critiscised!

best point iv seen made on here in a while

I got no problem with people sayin "stern john had a bad game" but not things like "get lost Stern your awful" and the constant moaning after he does the slightest thing wrong in a match is getting tedious.

Played well against Rams , won a lot in the air. Just wish he could get a goal under his belt

best point iv seen made on here in a while

I got no problem with people sayin "stern john had a bad game" but not things like "get lost Stern your awful" and the constant moaning after he does the slightest thing wrong in a match is getting tedious.

Very tedious..

Around me on tuesday you had all the idiots slagging LJ, Stern and Macallister off.

I don't mind people moaning if someone is not playing well, but not shouting out some of the bile that is being thrown at them down the gate over the last two seasons.

Its funny i can only remember this happening over the two seasons weve been in the championship and our attendance has increased, i've been going down the gate for 36years

and i cannot remember ever having people shout at players like they are now.

Maybe its people who have not been over the last ten years and do not know were we have come from, i think they certainly would not be as quick to shout and would be a little more patient if they had.

Amazing that once we scored on tuesday they were all singing "we love you Johnson" maybe the words should be.....

"we love you Johnson

but hate your son and half your team

But love you Johnson".

Around me on tuesday you had all the idiots slagging LJ, Stern and Macallister off.

I don't mind people moaning if someone is not playing well, but not shouting out some of the bile that is being thrown at them down the gate over the last two seasons.

Its funny i can only remember this happening over the two seasons weve been in the championship and our attendance has increased, i've been going down the gate for 36years

and i cannot remember ever having people shout at players like they are now.

Maybe its people who have not been over the last ten years and do not know were we have come from, i think they certainly would not be as quick to shout and would be a little more patient if they had.

Don't let anyone tell you you're making it up - there's a group who sit near to me who seemingly hate Basso, one of the highest rated keepers outside of the Premier League. They seem to love berating him, especially when he's at our end of the pitch, delight themselves by calling him "#######" and singing "ooh, #######, ooooh #######" and yelling 'one of our own players #######' whenever he takes a goal kick. And don't even get me started on what they say when the opposition score a goal....

He's actually looked up at our section more than once this season and shock his head - I do often hope that some of our more talented and/or consistent players realise that this is just a small minority of cretins in our crowd who also seem to be the loudest sometimes.

This is the same group where one of them yells the absolutely hilarious joke "use your height Johnson" everytime he challenges for a ball in the air and all of his mates laugh with hilarity. Seriously, it wasn't funny the first time you did it and it's even more tedious now.

(note, swear filter has quite rightly blocked out what they say, for what it's worth is a term for your anus that very tenously rhymes with Basso)

Funny post. Fans & Club = Husband & Wife, its a marriage of consequence.

Poor husband mows the grass, the wife says, cant you make that noise when I'me out, did you have to buy that colour, the neighbours need their peace and quiet. I say shoot the barstewards, shoot her, amplify the noise and paint the mower pink.

As for poor Stern John, he's a highly paid member of the entertainment industry. I bet players enjoy the adulation, the nice cars and homes, so a bit of hammer from the boo boys is merely the other side of the coin.

I have watched football all over the world and City fans are no worse than most, in fact better than most. As for the forum comments, its very noticeable that many regular posters are absent, there are regular squabbles with about half a dozen on each side with the same old arguements every week. Its very tedious and many regulars have frankly just had it. I wish they would discover enjoyable sex, because as it stands Huw will end up monitoring about a dozen miscrients, and spending a hundred quid a week with a shrink

typical EP over-reaction, any stick at the ground was months ago and he's actually been playing well lately.

Stern's biggest problem isn't his abiltity, it's how he applies it

Sadly not. There were plenty booing him when his name was read out before the game on Tuesday. :disapointed2se:

Funny post. Fans & Club = Husband & Wife, its a marriage of consequence.

Poor husband mows the grass, the wife says, cant you make that noise when I'me out, did you have to buy that colour, the neighbours need their peace and quiet. I say shoot the barstewards, shoot her, amplify the noise and paint the mower pink.

As for poor Stern John, he's a highly paid member of the entertainment industry. I bet players enjoy the adulation, the nice cars and homes, so a bit of hammer from the boo boys is merely the other side of the coin.

I have watched football all over the world and City fans are no worse than most, in fact better than most. As for the forum comments, its very noticeable that many regular posters are absent, there are regular squabbles with about half a dozen on each side with the same old arguements every week. Its very tedious and many regulars have frankly just had it. I wish they would discover enjoyable sex, because as it stands Huw will end up monitoring about a dozen miscrients, and spending a hundred quid a week with a shrink

Love it Brans :laugh:

There were plenty booing him when he was subbed aswel. Didnt really do himself any favours though by walking off at a snails pace when we were still looking for the first goal and time was running out. I think on his day hes a good player, would just love to see him put in maximum effort for 90 mins, until he does i cant see the stick stopping.

Guest churchill gaffer

IMO,

He does not help himself!!!!!

He is not doing what he was brought here for, score goals.

His attitude to the fans and Manager stinks. (When subbed he walks so slowly off the pitch moaning)

When I speak to away fans about him, their first oppionion is - He is so lazy, always has been where ever he has been.

(He did have a better game against Coventry, but never looked like scoreing)

Lets be honest, Southampton were so glad to get rid of him!

I for one, definately do not want him back next season!

We have had to many players down here, just interested in finishing their careers here with big wages.

The way Styvar played against Coventry, I would certainly have him ahead of Stern John.

Styvar now looks to be getting fitter, and looks like he wants to play for us!!!!!

I think Cider city may have a point about the boohing increasing only since we have been in the championship. it was much less noticeable before.....i wish some of these relatively new supporters could get a sense of perspective....if they had experienced some of the lows of the last 20 yrs or so then they might actually appreciate where we are now!

I have found SJ frustrating at times....but would never booh a city player.......if you ask current squad members - they all seem to rate him....

I think Cider city may have a point about the boohing increasing only since we have been in the championship. it was much less noticeable before.....i wish some of these relatively new supporters could get a sense of perspective....if they had experienced some of the lows of the last 20 yrs or so then they might actually appreciate where we are now!

I have found SJ frustrating at times....but would never booh a city player.......if you ask current squad members - they all seem to rate him....

I am 14, well 15 today and i have supported city for 5 seasons now, so far i have had:

*Play-off final

*Bad start in bottom place then GJ came and nearly got us to the play-offs

*Promotion

*Championship play-off final

*This season is a play-off push

I could be a relatively new supporter but i have never booed and i understand how their was soo nearly not a Bristol City and from being in league one for soo long. Could it not also be the longer supporting City Fans getting a bit greedy!? I know alot of old people around me with shirts on that look like they are from about 20 seasons ago who are booing players and management on occasions.

I am 14, well 15 today and i have supported city for 5 seasons now, so far i have had:

*Play-off final

*Promotion

I could be a relatively new supporter but i have never booed and i understand how their was soo nearly not a Bristol City and from being in league one for soo long. Could it not also be the longer supporting City Fans getting a bit greedy!? I know alot of old people around me with shirts on that look like they are from about 20 seasons ago who are booing players and management on occasions.

They are not from 20 seasons ago, just married with kids.

Guest RobbieTurner
It's all a part of Stockhausen's rather cynical way of writing about us.

Ever see that about Rovers? Really think it never happens?

Yes it does....recently to none other than Flapper. I know a few Gash fans, who hve said he was getting a load of stick recently...ironic cheers when he

caught a cross as well. Apparantly I was also told he was trowing his tantrums again after they signed that Sjoke keeper as cover.

Now where have we heard that before.... :whistle2:

Guest RobbieTurner
It's all a part of Stockhausen's rather cynical way of writing about us.

Ever see that about Rovers? Really think it never happens?

Yes it does....recently to none other than Flapper. I know a few Gash fans, who hve said he was getting a load of stick recently...ironic cheers when he

caught a cross as well. Apparantly I was also told he was trowing his tantrums again after they signed that Sjoke keeper as cover.

Now where have we heard that before.... :whistle2:

(He did have a better game against Coventry, but never looked like scoreing)

Apart from when he hooked the ball over the keeper and the Coventry played scrambled it off the line...

He has always been lazy why worry about that now. He isn't in the team for his chasing down etc- he likes to spread the play and he did it well. Him and Maynard can't buy a goal at the moment so why pick on Stern John so much when he is playing well?

*Play-off final

*Promotion

Happy Birthday!

And as for John, I don't know about the booing as I can't get down the Gate, but listen to World and his name comes up more often now in commentary than recently, so it sounds like he is getting involved more, and making more contributions than he previously did, which in my book is a good thing!

I have not seen the article in the EP,but quite simply,yes he does get booed.No-one can argue wth that.Not just him either,ive said many times on here that if you have got nothing good to say,don't say anything.Now I'm not saying people shouldnt have opinions,but its how you express them.Some on here express their points in a good way,along with their reasons behind it,which I can live with and appreciate.It sometimes makes me look at something in a different way,which is good.But some just moan and groan for the sake of it,with no rhyme or reason.Now the thing that worries me,is I hope that we don't start to get a reputation for this.It certainly wont help in the transfer market.I really don't agree with the boeing of anyone in a city shirt,we gain nothing from it,we will only lose by it and I don't give a monkeys what other fans do,whether the moan or not has no relevance to what our club should be doing.As for the SJ thing,he does come across like, that if he was any more laid back he would be horizontal.But that is in his nature,he is never going to be or ever was(when he was scoring in the Championship or playing in the Premier League!),going to run around like a headless chicken.So please,as hard as it is,bight your lip if you get the urge to booe.POSITIVITY ATTRACTS POSITIVE THINGS. HENCE BELIEVE!

Guest churchill gaffer
Apart from when he hooked the ball over the keeper and the Coventry played scrambled it off the line...

He has always been lazy why worry about that now. He isn't in the team for his chasing down etc- he likes to spread the play and he did it well. Him and Maynard can't buy a goal at the moment so why pick on Stern John so much when he is playing well?

Exactly!!!!!

How many goals has he scored!

Lets keep playing him and achieve nothing!

If GJ signs him next season?! It will be the end of GJ!

Stern John is not good enought! Maybe he is now just to old. Like I said before Southampton must be rubbing their hands at the thought of getting rid of him.

In my view, fans are fickle, but fair (I include myself in that).

Stern puts in the effort, as he has of late, it will stop. Stern just stands around waiting for a pass and b!tching about the fans, he will get stick.

One last thing, in my job, I have been criticised. Peed me right off at the time and I was very defensive. Thought about it for an hour on the evening, and vowed to not make the same mistake again and I haven't. I did consider sulking to the newspaper about how unfair it all was, but, instead, I battled on.

Perhaps John needs to have a look in the mirror and a think about why he might be getting criticised. Unless he is a typical arrogant footballer, it shouldn't take long and then he can take steps to rectify, unless, of course, he prefers playing the role of the hard done by.

I hope he doesn't choose the latter as in a time of recession and job losses, he should think himself very fortunate.

Don't let anyone tell you you're making it up - there's a group who sit near to me who seemingly hate Basso, one of the highest rated keepers outside of the Premier League. They seem to love berating him, especially when he's at our end of the pitch, delight themselves by calling him "#######" and singing "ooh, #######, ooooh #######" and yelling 'one of our own players #######' whenever he takes a goal kick. And don't even get me started on what they say when the opposition score a goal....

He's actually looked up at our section more than once this season and shock his head - I do often hope that some of our more talented and/or consistent players realise that this is just a small minority of cretins in our crowd who also seem to be the loudest sometimes.

This is the same group where one of them yells the absolutely hilarious joke "use your height Johnson" everytime he challenges for a ball in the air and all of his mates laugh with hilarity. Seriously, it wasn't funny the first time you did it and it's even more tedious now.

(note, swear filter has quite rightly blocked out what they say, for what it's worth is a term for your anus that very tenously rhymes with Basso)

what a bunch of #######s

Haven't seen the article but I'm guessing if Stern John is complaining, it's affecting his game. We've seen LJ say it too.

In other words, the boo-boys may have already cost us promotion. They're not the only factor but they're certainly one of them.

If it was my club, I'd ban them from the ground.

*Play-off final

*Promotion

happy birthday mate......... soooo young........sooooooo mature........ never get cynical young un. AND you can spell relatively, scratch that.... spell at all.....gives you a head start on a lot of em round ere... sic

Archived