IGNORED

Stern John

DavidNoble

If GJ signs him next season?! It will be the end of GJ!

Yeah right. As long as we keep doing well he can sign who he wants...

Unless of course you want to be back in league 1 with Bas Savage.

Stern John was one of the best players of the pitch so I would put him as good enough. If he gets a goal to end his barren spell he will have a good run, just like Maynard did.

I am 14, well 15 today and i have supported city for 5 seasons now, so far i have had:

*Play-off final

*Bad start in bottom place then GJ came and nearly got us to the play-offs

*Promotion

*Championship play-off final

*This season is a play-off push

I could be a relatively new supporter but i have never booed and i understand how their was soo nearly not a Bristol City and from being in league one for soo long. Could it not also be the longer supporting City Fans getting a bit greedy!? I know alot of old people around me with shirts on that look like they are from about 20 seasons ago who are booing players and management on occasions.

I am in the class you are talking about the "old supporter" and I have been watching this team for 50 years. It is not about being greedy as you put it but watching players play well week in and week. Stern John may have been a big player in his day but I do not think he adds anything to the City team at present. He cannot even stay on the pitch at full time and come and appauld the fans, at Plymouth he walked straight off the pitch and he did exactly the same at Derby last week. If he wants to be accepted by us the fans then perhaps he should watch his team mates at the end of games and show what I would call a bit more passion. I am not the only person who thinks he is there to pick up his £20,000 a week!!

Archived