IGNORED

Play.com - reliable?

Swindon Hater

I was just wondering how reliable are play.com for delivery?

I want to pre order Championship Manager 03/04 and it's only 19.99 on there but I haven't bought off there before, I want to know if it will come on the day it comes out or what?

I pre ordered Fifa 2004 off GAME and it came the day prefectly, and despite CM 03/04 being dearer by a bit on GAME I'd rather use a reliable site and get it on the day it comes out.

Play.com, or GAME?

In my experience with Play, no. Placed two orders on there, and both went missing (one completely, and the other was one out of three cd's that had gone missing). First one took a month to get the replacement, second one nearly two. Kinda put me off of them.

Saying that though, I know that somebody in work who has ordered a few items, and has had them delivered quite quickly. I was unlucky I suppose. :Confused13:

this was a while ago, but i pre-ordered GTA:Vice City, they said it would be with me on the day of release, 10 days after the release date past and still no sign so i cancelled the order and ordered it off gameplay instead, it was with me within 2 days.

Tazman has just been unfortunate then, as I have used play.com for about 5 of my orders in the past and have all arrived in good time and in perfect condition etc.

I think it's one of those 50/50 things whether they are good or not, but I shall keep using them for the free postage and packing plus a good tenner off most stuff in Game! :clap:

I'd only use Game if I couldn't be bothered to wait for a product to arrive at my door and yes I have reasonably good patience, so waiting a few days doesn't bother me. :(

If you however will be ordering from the Internet no matter what, then I'd always definitely use play.com.

Summary: From my experience personally I'd choose play.com.

Summary: From Tazman's experience however you might want to choose Game.

Up to you mate! Have fun!!! ;)

Archived