IGNORED

Williams Stand After Their Equaliser

lenred

Had the ''pleasure'' of swapping my EE tkt for the Premier Seating today. Obviously better view but atmosphere not up for discussion.......Any hoo.....Did anyone on here see what the fuss was all about at the end? Looked like GJ was giving some old bloke some stick (I'm guessing the old chap had a few words for him after their pen?) and then quite a few fellas were giving this old chap some serious stick!!! Just wondered if anyone knew what it was about?! Cheers....

:grr: i exspect the old guy was telling gj how shocking his son was AGAIN

after not putting his foot through the ball and clearing it instead of the

ballet dancing routine he did to give the corner away.

what a numpty. Lee J had a good game today.

Well GJ's BCFC world interview was very downhearted. Seemed upset and said that he'd come off the pitch to some abuse. Genuinly looked upset. Never seen him quite that bad after a game.

And to the poster up there. ^^

LJ had a great game today i thought. Got stuck into tackles, got forward and passed well. Was quite funny when he jumped for the ball on the edge of the box and it just went straight over him. :D

Had the ''pleasure'' of swapping my EE tkt for the Premier Seating today. Obviously better view but atmosphere not up for discussion.......Any hoo.....Did anyone on here see what the fuss was all about at the end? Looked like GJ was giving some old bloke some stick (I'm guessing the old chap had a few words for him after their pen?) and then quite a few fellas were giving this old chap some serious stick!!! Just wondered if anyone knew what it was about?! Cheers....

Yep, yet again Johnson getting anoyed by some of the comments from the stand, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and as long as the comments aren't abusive and nasty, the bloke should just rise above it and take no notice, what does he want us to be all happy clappy, it's no wonder people were unhappy after todays performance, yet we seen it al before!

Was quite funny when he jumped for the ball on the edge of the box and it just went straight over him.

Got to admit that was funny and yes i thought he played well also

That would have upset gary, to hear the whole ground laugh, just waiting to hear him have a dig at us for that!

Thought LJ had a good game today but was totally at fault for the build up to the penalty. Instead of hoofing the ball anywhere in the 93rd minute he decided to try to beat 3 players on the edge of our penalty area which resulted in their corner and subsequent penalty.

Thought LJ had a good game today but was totally at fault for the build up to the penalty. Instead of hoofing the ball anywhere in the 93rd minute he decided to try to beat 3 players on the edge of our penalty area which resulted in their corner and subsequent penalty.

Yes thats true and he was the fall guy today, it McCombe Saturday and Bradley last week, nothing if not democratic our boys :disapointed2se: . Some might say that there was some blame attached to Bradley Orr for giving him the ball with 2 guys bearing down on him as well. He did however actually clear the initial effort from the corner off the line so I suppose you could say he did his bit in trying to make up for the error, but the initial error was what lead to the goal. A pity considering how well he had played.

So why didn't Bradley just hoof it when he had the chance i.e. before LJ had a 'dance' with it?

To answer the original question... yes some bloke was having a go about LJ and then wasn't too happy when someone else nearby started asking questions of him.

I was walking out in front of them and I really though it was going to kick off.

Opinions... it's what watching football's all about.

get a life. If you think he had a bad game today, then its obvious you have a vendetta against him

He always tells me he's the 'weak link' :innocent06:

Matt face it, he had a good game today. Okay, he made a mistake by not putting his foot through the ball but that's life! It doesn't really matter that mistake hasn't cost us promotion or put us in a relegation place or out of contention for the play offs because we weren't in contention! If he didn't make that mistake it would've been someone else that made it. LJ didn't concede the penalty did he? No, Styvar did and nobody's jumping on his back. The seasons over, any mistakes now do not matter. What matters now is preparing for next season.

Yes thats true and he was the fall guy today, it McCombe Saturday and Bradley last week, nothing if not democratic our boys :disapointed2se: . Some might say that there was some blame attached to Bradley Orr for giving him the ball with 2 guys bearing down on him as well. He did however actually clear the initial effort from the corner off the line so I suppose you could say he did his bit in trying to make up for the error, but the initial error was what lead to the goal. A pity considering how well he had played.

No vendetta. If players make mistakes why should discussing it on here be banned? If some guys have a bad game why shouldn't we say so? There are plenty of posts praising players - Henderson/Ireikpen

Yep, yet again Johnson getting anoyed by some of the comments from the stand, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and as long as the comments aren't abusive and nasty, the bloke should just rise above it and take no notice, what does he want us to be all happy clappy, it's no wonder people were unhappy after todays performance, yet we seen it al before!

The old guys comments were abusive and nasty, and he's the same every week!! A few of us had just had enough and let him know!! Hopefully it will do the trick.

Its a bit like sittig next to Stadler and Waldorf on the Muppets!!

I sit in The Williams stand close to GJ's dugout and to be honest some of the stick he gets is disgraceful. Not only has he got to put up with a constant hail of abuse about his son every game but i have also heard GJ being called 'A Pr*ck', 'Sh*t', and comments aimed at him like 'U Aint Got A Clue Johnson'.

Now most of us think he is the best manager we've had here for over 20 to 30 years and brought this club forward 'light years'. The culprits are obviously the people who have jumped on the bandwagon in recent years who never supported this club in the dark old days at the bottom of the old 4th division like some of us.

Personally i'm happy with this season and finishing around 10th in a strong division, we can build on this and come back stronger we have no god given right to be promoted, look at teams bigger than us who we are now on a par with thats progress ....

Lets Lay off Gary because if he is driven away by you moaners you only have yourselves to blame and it would be a gisgrace, we ought to be driving out the Morons from Ashton gate not our Fantastic Manager.

haha, i dunno if i love these lj threads or not!

i don't have a vendetta against the bloke, hes probably a very nice chap :laugh:

its just, he's not good enough to play. he's not good enough for the championship.

riaz and lewis, in fact all those who for some reason back him to the end and contstantly defend him, don't ever seem to give a good reason of why he deserves a place? i love to hear some.

please tell me what he does to affect the game...

I defend him as much as any other player. I defended McCombe's performance against forest. He did'nt have a great game, but his performance was branded as dreadful - which was a exaggeration.

How did he affect the game yesterday? He ran his socks off, he was always available for a pass, his passing was of a high standard, and he was getting in BOTH boxes.

Does he deserve to be untouchable player though? definately not, are there better players available in his position? probabaly. but does not excuse the bollox written about him tbh

haha, i dunno if i love these lj threads or not!

i don't have a vendetta against the bloke, hes probably a very nice chap :laugh:

its just, he's not good enough to play. he's not good enough for the championship.

riaz and lewis, in fact all those who for some reason back him to the end and contstantly defend him, don't ever seem to give a good reason of why he deserves a place? i love to hear some.

please tell me what he does to affect the game...

If LJ had not been involved in the lead up to the penalty, you would have gone away from the Gate yesterday saying that he'd had a good game. Gary Johnson told the players that he wanted a performance from them yesterday to show him who had the desire to be at the club next season. In my opinion only Maynard, Elliott and Johnson did that. He was integral to all our good forward play, was the only player who had the ability to hit a decent pass, Gavin Williams certainly didn't, and was quite frankly everywhere yesterday. Even his set pieces were good.

Too many people are guilty of expecting wonderous things from LJ, but truly and honestly who else in our team gives us the consistency that he does week in week out? Carey, Orr and Fontaine perhaps and that is why LJ deserves a place. He gets so over analysed because of who he is that too many City fans expect more from LJ than they would another midfielder. Fact.

fair play to you my friend. i respect how you will defend any player that puts on the shirt. to be honest, i do as well and i always have. just want to say quickly that i will chear a goal or a goaline clearence from him as much as the next player. i want him to do well!

the difference between another johnson thread and say someone complaining at mccombes performance at forest, is that johnson in my opinion is consistently poor and quite clearly our weak link in the team.

ran his socks off? well :laugh:, i would also run my socks off til i was sick on the sideline, however i still wouldnt be any good.

he is definitely always available for a pass, i knew you would say that. but what does he do with it?

you say his passing was of a high standard, but that can be misleading to think he was pinging 50 yard balls across the pitch. his successful pass ratio was quality as he plays it right and left, or back. that, or he does them rather annoying dinky passes :laugh:

getting in both boxes? anything positive from either box?

this reply is making me sound like i distinctly hate the man and will not love him to do well. but this is not true.

in my opinion, we have to compare all our centre midfielders with elliot. slightly different players granted, however elliot is better than johnson in every single department. everything.

johnson doesnt score and cant head, he doesnt tackle, hes far too weak and gets muscled off to easily, makes too many stupid mistakes. i just feel that if we seriously want to challenge next season, we need another midfielder of elliots standard. which, everyone must agree, johnson certianly is not.

Your critizisms of Lee J is fair - but not yesterday. he was very positive with his passing and he made some decent tackles.

Overall I think Lee J's place is one we could improve on, but then again left back and right wing positions, but those players don't get scrutinised as much. why?

fair play to you my friend. i respect how you will defend any player that puts on the shirt. to be honest, i do as well and i always have. just want to say quickly that i will chear a goal or a goaline clearence from him as much as the next player. i want him to do well!

the difference between another johnson thread and say someone complaining at mccombes performance at forest, is that johnson in my opinion is consistently poor and quite clearly our weak link in the team.

ran his socks off? well :laugh:, i would also run my socks off til i was sick on the sideline, however i still wouldnt be any good.

he is definitely always available for a pass, i knew you would say that. but what does he do with it?

you say his passing was of a high standard, but that can be misleading to think he was pinging 50 yard balls across the pitch. his successful pass ratio was quality as he plays it right and left, or back. that, or he does them rather annoying dinky passes :laugh:

getting in both boxes? anything positive from either box?

this reply is making me sound like i distinctly hate the man and will not love him to do well. but this is not true.

in my opinion, we have to compare all our centre midfielders with elliot. slightly different players granted, however elliot is better than johnson in every single department. everything.

johnson doesnt score and cant head, he doesnt tackle, hes far too weak and gets muscled off to easily, makes too many stupid mistakes. i just feel that if we seriously want to challenge next season, we need another midfielder of elliots standard. which, everyone must agree, johnson certianly is not.

I couldn't have put that better myself.

I too thought he had a reasonable game yesterday but his 'dance' was akin to what cost us a goal in the closing stages of the home game against Derby back in August.

I don't think any of us in the anti-LJ brigade hate the guy it's just that his position seems to be untouchable. As you say he does a lot of running but at this level that is simply not enough.

Your critizisms of Lee J is fair - but not yesterday. he was very positive with his passing and he made some decent tackles.

Overall I think Lee J's place is one we could improve on, but then again left back and right wing positions, but those players don't get scrutinised as much. why?

Fair comment as usual Riaz.

I think the difference between LJ and say, Macca is that there are alternatives to LJ already in the squad, who are either ignored or played out of position.

As for right wing, not sure who you mean but we do need quality in that position for sure.

GJ should accept constructive criticism however abuse is appauling. People forget where we have come from and where we are now. Yes, we are disappointed not to have made the play offs and yes we are disappointed the way home results have been this season, but playing the likes of Preston, Ipswich, Sheff Utd etc instead of MK Dons, Chesterfield, Crewe etc... is where we all wanted to be just a few years ago.

Now we are here, people still moan, perhaps they need a reality check and take stock to look back.

MM

Agree with you there. But no matter how well LJ plays he will hardly get credited for it. I personally rate LJ but he does give the ball a bit to much the time but he always puts 110% in to every game something with i love to see. It really pisses me off as he gets slagged off for something that wasn't his fault half time where i sit (Atyeo H Block). :grr:

Agree with you there. But no matter how well LJ plays he will hardly get credited for it. I personally rate LJ but he does give the ball a bit to much the time but he always puts 110% in to every game something with i love to see. It really pisses me off as he gets slagged off for something that wasn't his fault half time where i sit (Atyeo H Block). :grr:

Yeah the tw4t that seats two seats in my left in that block slags him off all the time.

And i won't get him started about Stern John :tumbleweed:

It really pisses me off as he gets slagged off for something that wasn't his fault

He got slagged off in the Dolman after the corner which followed his shot that was tipped over the bar went straight to the keeper. It was indeed a poor corner, but McIndoe took it.

That said, some of the stick McIndoe in general got yesterday was pathetic.

Archived