IGNORED

Possible Targets

DavidNoble

To challenge McScotsman for the left back slot, Lewington from MK Dons if they lose in the play-offs,

or a return for Scot Golburne.

Midfield, a ball winner like Carsley, unlikely to get a game with Blues in the prem,

and a playmaker, anyone, we havn't had one since Tinman stopped playing.

Up front, with Dele looking like he's off, a big experienced target man for Maynard to play off,

Iwelumo, won't play for Wolves in prem.

And with Gary's contacts, how about one of these season long loan deals from one of the top sides?

For those who want Croft note these comments from Norwich fans on 606:

Good acceleration, if slightly lacking in overall speed, works his socks off, good at taking on his man, but his final ball is poor. Can't cross and can't really shoot. A good team may make him look better as he has more options, but it might also make him look worse as he will have to be judged in comparison to the better players.

Lee Croft gives 100% effort but is let down by a lack of quality. Only 9 goals in nearly 200 games. His crossing is dire.

I'm disgusted he won player of the season - no commitment to the cause (despite what he says), a lack of quality in his final ball, and he's probably the slowest player with a reputation for being ''fast'' I've ever seen! The fact that he's looked head and shoulders above the rest on occasion says more about the rest of the squad than it does him.

Any of that remind you of Ivan?

How about Matt Derbyshire?

Plays for Olympiakos in Greece (he scored in the Greek cup final the other day and was given Man of the Match). Is on loan there from Blackburn.

Still only 23 yrs old and scored 6 goals in 13 appearences for England U-21's

Would like to see Lewington come in and challenge McAllister.

What about Johnnie Jackson, skilful midfielder, left footed - is he still at Colchester?

There's also a young lad at Accrington who they picked up from Liverpool, can't think of his name, but he's an attacking midfielder. Wouldn't cost a lot, sure we'd be attractive to him - if he wants to leave the north west.

Is anyone else worried about picking up players from abroad this summer? After Carle & Styvar I'd be a bit worried who was doing our scouting abroad? Does PJ do it, or do we have scouts in place who pass on names for PJ to look at?

For those who want Croft note these comments from Norwich fans on 606:

Good acceleration, if slightly lacking in overall speed, works his socks off, good at taking on his man, but his final ball is poor. Can't cross and can't really shoot. A good team may make him look better as he has more options, but it might also make him look worse as he will have to be judged in comparison to the better players.

Lee Croft gives 100% effort but is let down by a lack of quality. Only 9 goals in nearly 200 games. His crossing is dire.

I'm disgusted he won player of the season - no commitment to the cause (despite what he says), a lack of quality in his final ball, and he's probably the slowest player with a reputation for being ''fast'' I've ever seen! The fact that he's looked head and shoulders above the rest on occasion says more about the rest of the squad than it does him.

Any of that remind you of Ivan?

Is Croft the guy who came on in the second half for Norwich against us and played down their right hand side? He murdered McAllister (or Fontaine or Skuse or whoever was playing left back on the day...).

If this is Croft I'd definitely be interested in him on the basis of 30 mins review :)

Danny Murphy : Fulham.

out of contract in the summer, a real battler, would wake our midfield up ...... and scores from free kicks, not a spring chicken . ..... but has all the experience we need.

i doubt he would want to drop down a division though.

:tumbleweed:

Danny Murphy would be a superb signing if he could be persuaded to sign for a wage within our means.

He's a fantastic footballer with great experience and would provide a stabilising influence and one for others to learn from.

Would like to see Lewington come in and challenge McAllister.

What about Johnnie Jackson, skilful midfielder, left footed - is he still at Colchester?

There's also a young lad at Accrington who they picked up from Liverpool, can't think of his name, but he's an attacking midfielder. Wouldn't cost a lot, sure we'd be attractive to him - if he wants to leave the north west.

Is anyone else worried about picking up players from abroad this summer? After Carle & Styvar I'd be a bit worried who was doing our scouting abroad? Does PJ do it, or do we have scouts in place who pass on names for PJ to look at?

Are you talking about Craig Lindfield (Accrington lad) - if so, he is still contracted to Liverpool but I'm not sure how highly they rate him.

One gashead thinks Lambert is on his way here

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=84031

That quote says that it's ''chinese whispers'' and that he heard from someone who was at the same dinner as the gruesome twosome, but not necessarily that they had told him directly, that old Fatty Arbuckle was coming to us. Two words. Pure speculation. Plus he is not good enough and admitted on the BBC Q&A that he has no pace. We don't want him, same as i don't want Noble to go to them. In fact i'd prefer it if we paid Noble to sit in a bar somewhere for the next ten years than let them have him.

Are you talking about Craig Lindfield (Accrington lad) - if so, he is still contracted to Liverpool but I'm not sure how highly they rate him.

That can't be him Greebo, this lad was released by Liverpool last summer.

Just looking around on Sky Sports, seeing the latest - a couple of names jump out.

DJ Campbell - 9 in 20 since going to Blackpool, we'd have settled for that! Maybe not the sort of striker we're after though?

Peter Clarke - looks like he's turning down a contract at Southend, think he can cover right back and centre half?

Charlie Barnett - another released Liverpool kid, coming out of contract at Tranmere, attacking midfielder

There's also a rather scary looking defender from Dagenham & Redbridge with a Nigerian name that I can't remember now - not sure how good he is, but he looks like a right unit!!

Looks like there's going to be some good players on the Bosman market this summer, lets hope we're out there making enquiries already!

I reckon we should try and get the lad George Friend who we were rumoured to be interested in before Wolves signed him from Exeter. He can play left back or in midfield and he's not small either (6' 1'') besides which I can't see him playing for Wolves next season and he's only made 3 apps since they signed him.

I reckon we should try and get the lad George Friend who we were rumoured to be interested in before Wolves signed him from Exeter. He can play left back or in midfield and he's not small either (6' 1'') besides which I can't see him playing for Wolves next season and he's only made 3 apps since they signed him.

We almost bought him. In fact from what I understand, we all but had him, just had to up our offer a bit, we wouldn't and then we got a bit of twisted knicker syndrome when Wolves stepped in and met the Exeter valuation!

As I stated in another thread, I understand that we have been tracking Dean Moxey from Exeter City very closely over the last few months.

There's no doubt he has very little ability. He's vastly inferior to Sproule, and I don't say that lightly.

That cant be the same Cambell-Ryce i saw down the Gate this season then. Apart from the annoying time wasing he did he looked like he had loads of ability.

That cant be the same Cambell-Ryce i saw down the Gate this season then. Apart from the annoying time wasing he did he looked like he had loads of ability.

agreed, hence why i put him in the list

any thoughts on alan judge?

I have just read Portsmouth have had a bid for 18 year old James McCarthy of hamilton turned down, he is the young player of the year in Scotland, and an attacking midfielder. The bid was £500k which I would have thought we could beat if it came to it. Maybe we could go to them with £800k and see what they say?

I have just read Portsmouth have had a bid for 18 year old James McCarthy of hamilton turned down, he is the young player of the year in Scotland, and an attacking midfielder. The bid was £500k which I would have thought we could beat if it came to it. Maybe we could go to them with £800k and see what they say?

McCarthy has been linked with Liverpool and Arsenal in the past. If the bidding starts then I'm pretty certain we'd get blown away pretty quickly - but he sounds like some kind of prospect, that's for sure

We will sign an experienced striker, it's a given (not a shane)

Trundle i believe may have played his last game or one of them for us, he will be phased out like brooker loaned somewhere for an age to get fitness, brought back and loaned somewhere bigger to sign for a nominal fee. Stern's gone, and Adebola's the unsignable we have, Styvar, Maynard and Akinde with first team striker experience (forgetting Sproule) we must also be in for a L(W)M because I always thought Myrie Williams had a future competing with Mcindoe, if mcindoe was cropped we wouldn't have back up in theory.

we've had an abundance of CM's sinc Johnson came in Noble gong leaves us with a fair few another utility player is on the cards I think.

Victor Moses?

We will sign an experienced striker, it's a given (not a shane)

Trundle i believe may have played his last game or one of them for us, he will be phased out like brooker loaned somewhere for an age to get fitness, brought back and loaned somewhere bigger to sign for a nominal fee. Stern's gone, and Adebola's the unsignable we have, Styvar, Maynard and Akinde with first team striker experience (forgetting Sproule) we must also be in for a L(W)M because I always thought Myrie Williams had a future competing with Mcindoe, if mcindoe was cropped we wouldn't have back up in theory.

we've had an abundance of CM's sinc Johnson came in Noble gong leaves us with a fair few another utility player is on the cards I think.

Victor Moses?

Not a chance in Hell.

Michael Nelson would be an excellent signing.

Solid centre half and would cut it in the CCC easily in my opinion. On a free aswel, you can't beat a bargain.

Also a very realistic possibility!

Oh and Rudi Skacel has been released, left back/left wing competition. Could help Styvar settle too.

Paul Ifill,Carl Fletcher and Scott Flinders are all good candidates for good free transfers.

Flinders especially.

Michael Nelson would be an excellent signing.

Solid centre half and would cut it in the CCC easily in my opinion. On a free aswel, you can't beat a bargain.

Also a very realistic possibility!

Oh and Rudi Skacel has been released, left back/left wing competition. Could help Styvar settle too.

Paul Ifill,Carl Fletcher and Scott Flinders are all good candidates for good free transfers.

Flinders especially.

Is Flinders not a keeper ??? - surely our strongest area ??

Carl Fletcher is ok-ish as a purely defensive midfielder but I wouldn't see him adding anything to the squad. Ifill has underperformed at Palace & has a terrible injury record.

Of the Palace offloads, John Oster would be the one I'd be most interested in.

Archived