IGNORED

30 Years Ago Today

Maltshoveller

To my shame as I believe 14 ish at the time Rovers played Rotherham at theirs during the midst of the Miners Strike. The Rotherham end sang pro Union Scargill songs througout the game...........even at that tender age I thought anyone that wants to fight for the right to work down a hole in the ground can't be wrong. To my disgust lots of Rovers fans sang lots pro Thatcher b*****x.............aghh

During the early 1980's, many in our East End used to chant "MAGGIE, MAGGIE, MAGGIE, OUT, OUT, OUT !!!!!!!" Shame on me for not joining in with them for I was young and politically unaware at that time. :innocent06:

To my shame as I believe 14 ish at the time Rovers played Rotherham at theirs during the midst of the Miners Strike. The Rotherham end sang pro Union Scargill songs througout the game...........even at that tender age I thought anyone that wants to fight for the right to work down a hole in the ground can't be wrong. To my disgust lots of Rovers fans sang lots pro Thatcher b*****x.............aghh

Well ,is'nt that totally consistent with the behavior of their ancestors when they betrayed the garrison of Bristol to Prince Rupert and Co during the Civil War ?

Well ,is'nt that totally consistent with the behavior of their ancestors when they betrayed the garrison of Bristol to Prince Rupert and Co during the Civil War ?

It is true that Prince Rupert's Royalists broke into Bristol on the Gas North side of Bristol. However, the Royalists had massive casualties inflicted on them by our brave Bristolian ancestors. The Royalists were so damaged in taking Bristol that they couldn't then take Gloucester. Gloucester was then able to hold out so that the West didn't fall entirely under Royalist control.

From a Tory Royalist perspective, it used to be said that Margaret Thatcher was 'Deputy Queen' during her time at No. 10. :rolleyes: The current leader of the Tories - David Cameron - really is a descendent of King George IV. The same King George IV that, despite a petition signed by 10,000 Bristolians, "including several merchants of the greatest respectability," there was to be no reprieve for the Bristolians caught protesting about not being given the right to vote. They were then either hung or transported to Australia.

Sad news.

http://news.BBC.co.uk/1/hi/8097018.stm?lsm

Former Conservative prime minister Margaret Thatcher has been treated in hospital after a fall at her home. Lady Thatcher is understood to have fractured a bone in her upper arm.

She is being kept in overnight for observation at the Chelsea and Westminster hospital but her office said it was "nothing untoward".

Britain's first woman prime minister, who is now 83, celebrated the 30th anniversary of her election victory earlier this week.

Lady Thatcher was originally reported to have been returning home after receiving treatment but her office said doctors at the hospital subsequently changed their mind and decided to keep her in overnight for observation.

"The hospital's decided, just to be sure, to keep her in for observation," her spokeswoman said.

"It's a simple fracture, but bearing in mind who she is, she's 83 and the shock to the system, it's just belt and braces. There is nothing untoward."

Lady Thatcher, who led Britain from 1979 to 1990, has become increasingly frail in recent years and has suffered a number of minor strokes. Her daughter Carol has also spoken about her struggle with dementia.

Ill health forced her to abandon her regular public speaking engagements in 2002 but she still makes public appearances.

In March last year she spent the night in hospital after feeling unwell while having dinner with friends.

But earlier this week she was at the Carlton Club in London to mark the 30th anniversary of her historic election victory.

In September 2007 Gordon Brown surprised many of his own backbenchers by inviting the peer to visit Downing Street and praising her as a "conviction politician".

Only 'sad news' because the witch hasn't croaked yet.

The witch bitch herself is more one of yours than one of ours. Grantham Lincolnshire is far nearer Sheffield than Bristol. Repent and celebrate Maggie Thatcher's coming departure from this world with the finest French Champagne. Afterall, isn't that what she would have wanted as she was a champion of free market enterprise and European Unionism. :innocent06:

Archived